Rap & Hiphop - Please Unexist

Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive and yet monotone lyrics, set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking over a generic melody and beat? Don't you KNOW this?

>tl;dr: rap and hip-hop are crap.

dude, no offense, but shut the fuck up

Awesome retort. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued rebuttals with any new progress arguments or v-logs. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can refute me. Thanks for the motivation.

mad

>blah blah I'm a white male blah blah

What hip hop have you actually listened to??

yeh but it rhymes

you're most likely a failed singer who's mad to the bone cause ghetto niggers are making billions by making garbage music, beside that you're not that wrong either, nonetheless I however enjoy rap and hip hip music

Okay serious talk.

Donuts, Since I Left You, and to some extent Clouddead, Madvillainy, Bad Bad not good and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy shows what is possible to do within the genre. Uncommon time sigs, uncommon percursion and instruments utilized in the making of the beats, different structure and all else, pretty much an overall exploration of hip hop as a genre.

Also there's some acid chillhop channel on youtube which is ok pretty interesting if lo-fi.

Rap in the other hand is difficult. Most of it is either self aware witty or gritty and violent. I think it is difficult to experiment within an established singing style. Most pop hip hop is really a combo of hip hop and soul plus rap. I want to think of an example for experimental rap, i think there was a the doors song that was kind of proto-rap but i don't remember the title of it right now and it was kind of cheese and not relevant anyways. But I listened to some Danny Brown the other day though and i really liked, the style of rapping is different, kinda of tense and crazy, and i dont know but the sound was fresh

In my mind both RAP and HIP HOP are urban, counter culture street culture strongly attached to a specific audience, much like Punk was meant for a specific audience (though punk was basically a rebel, simpler and sped up form of rocking whose singing style also wasn't totally specific). Since the core of the rap and hip hop style is so simple and specific I doubt anything can ever be changed in this aspect. I reckon its easier to give birth to another subgenre (like blue eyed soul was born to soul) than actually change hip hop

>I have never listened to DJ Shadow, RJD2, The Avalanches, J Dilla, cLOUDDEAD, Shabazz Palaces, Death Grips, clipping., Kanye West, MF DOOM, anything produced by Madlib, Danny Brown, Busdriver

Why did you make this bait, user?

wew

HipHop was good, until the Jews co-opted it around 1990.

Still some real rap, but getting scarce.

Most 'hiphop' these days is propaganda and social engineering. And yeah, it's garbage,.

this looks like le epic bait

Okay. I'm sorry but I still love you thought.

Don't b8 me cause you a8nt me m8y

>Sup Forums

Fuck off retard, don't give anybody irl your music opinions

>worried about people's rebuttles
>posts copy pasta for b8

I can understand how some popular/radio hiphop artists can come across this way, and I agree to an extent. But to black out a whole genre as 'crap' is asinine and desu, lol.

Rap can be a lot of different things. Can it be shit? For sure. But it can also be poetry, truth, expression, and it can be well crafted. Listen to some of the better Eminem stuff if you absolutely need a white person

Get to class

writing' /po/' doesn't discount the truth.

It's literally been proven that the JDL was harassing and extorting Tupac and Eazy-E among others.

And if we're going to be real about it, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So do you listen to Eminem while in your sister?

pack it up mate
you make this thread like once a week and get shat on every time, ironic 2012-era image macro or not