This movie was bizarre

This movie was bizarre.

But was it good?

It's amazing

>My favorite person we talked to [at Sundance] was a lady that came up on stage afterwards, which she wasn’t supposed to do. And she goes, “I know I am not supposed to be up here but I have one friend who can fart in front of me and I have another friend who can’t and I know he would be so much happier if he could.” Then she just started crying and Paul Dano gave her a big hug. We all sort of left the stage shell-shocked, like “Did that really happen?”

CLASSIC

It's ok. I went in with moderate expectations but very high hopes. Scenes dragged on and almost repeated in ways I've never seen before. I was finding myself zoning out at times, the last thing I ever expected to happen. The final ten minutes or so were some of my favorite moments in the cinema in the last year, but overall I was kind of disappointed with the film as a whole. The two leads are great but the story and jokes wore thin.

Trying to decide between taking my dad to this or The Nice Guys this weekend. Which should we see?

Take your dad to The Nice Guys; it's a total dad movie.

Unless your dad is into really weird coming-of-age stories about weirdos and dead guys.

Nice Guys is kino.

It depends of your expectatived and kind of humor you like.

If you go with high hopes waiting for a Kino experience, you will be disapointed since still is somewhat of non-traditional indie/b movie.

If you expect a comedy you will be also disapointed since its not a comedy but a collection of bizarre situations.

I like it a lot for what it is. a bit of fresh air in a sea of capeshit.

Nice Guys is the perfect movie for this situation.

My mom actually drug me to the movie glad I went.

*dragged

It's not "lolsorandum", is it?

Nice guys definitely, even though it's not better than Swiss army man

Never thought you could make me cry over a farting corpse riding off into the sea, but there it is. The power of filmmaking at it's most pure.

AHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING CLASSIC

Nice Guys. Swiss Army Man's the one you see with your friends, but Nice Guys is Dadkino.

Surprisingly, no. Though I suppose that all depends on your definition.

Nothing happens for the sake of "LEL WE'RE SO MOTHERFUCKING QUIRKY", it all seems to be like symbolic. Like, it's a commentary on the absurdity of everyday life and human nature.

For instance, there's this recurring joke about how the main character doesn't jerk off because his mom said something about it then died not long after. Most films would just drop that gag after a couple passes, but somehow, due to Manny's almost childlike nature, he spins it into a deep speech on how we're all looking for happiness in our lives, and how it's something we all deserve (granted, this is due to Manny's absurd misunderstanding of how masturbation works).

It's really a refreshing, almost violently original film.

From just looking at the thumbnail I thought that was the guy from Spinal Tap

Christopher Guest?

Yes

nope.

great film. didn't go in with high expectations but i enjoyed it. something new and refreshing in a sea of cape shit.

Your dad would love the Nice Guys rather than a movie about farts and masturbation and tfw no gf
My Nice Guys screening was filled with old people and it seemed like they all enjoyed it

>Swiss army man
>isn't capeshit
Kkkys , f a m