Everyone's big beef with the new Ghostbusters is that it looks abysmally unfunny (and it does)...

Everyone's big beef with the new Ghostbusters is that it looks abysmally unfunny (and it does), but my big problem with the movie is that the ghosts' designs look fucking boring and if the leaks of the story are to be believed, the mythology and concepts of this version's ghosts, allegedly all the souls of deceased historical criminals, sound really lame and uninspired.

Back in the 80's, science fiction and fantasy movies followed through with their own sets of rules. The DeLorean's mechanics were explained. RoboCop had prime directives. People like Dan Ackroyd and Harold Ramis put their imaginations to work making sure the ghosts had a mythology to them.

I know you're going to give me shit about how it's first and foremost a comedy and the scifi aspects don't matter, but fuck you, the creativity in that department is what made the movie interesting for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lkUwChZ1kA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my problem with it is they gave the guy who written and directed Bridemaids and Spy full control

My main problem is how Scooby Doo the ghosts look. Not scary at all. Making them all blue is just terrible.

My problem is that it has an all-female cast. Grrrr, women... I would be really angry if it received a lot of media attention.

As someone else put it: Paul Feig is a great director... at making spoof comedies. But for Ghostbusters: it requires a serious person to do the original justice.

If Feig wanted to do the original justice, why the fuck did he make the other movies non canon by making this one a reboot? And then Sony forces Bill Murray etc to participate despite their movies not being canon in this one.

Makes no sense

>All anons make good critical points until someone has to come in and do the "I hate it because it's all female meme"
just why

Good point. His style of comedy relies on parody. The reason this movie isn't going to work is because it's going to be a parody of Ghostbusters, an already lighthearted idea. It will literally be making fun of something that inherently already makes fun of itself.

Go to bed Patton

>I know you're going to give me shit about how it's first and foremost a comedy

no shit. this aint star trek nigga it's a fucking bill murray movie.

You can tell it acts like a parody by watching the previews:
youtube.com/watch?v=lkUwChZ1kA0

>"It's a Bill Murray movie without Bill Murray"

I meant the original not the remake

Oh look its the same wigger from the other thread shitposting in this one. Also its not a Bill Murray because he's not even in it you halfwit.

see

Eh, the Ghostbusters movies were equally comedy and drama. It would have been completely fine to do an action movie/drama version with little-to-no comedy. What's not acceptable is to make a comedy that's completely unfunny.

Also, most Bill Murray movies are not comedies, so I'm not sure what your point is.

What uninspired meme?

Bridesmaids were funny

Did someone say big beef?

Don't worry user: he is someone who cannot understand the difference between a movie with comedy in it and a full on comedy film.

Ghostbusters 1984 is NOT a comedy film for me. It is a horror/drama with comedy references (similar to Evil Dead 2).

This "Ghostbusters is a funny movie" meme has to stop.

Feig ruined this reboot by making every scene and dialogue rely on comedy. THAT'S why so many hate it and why nothing from the trailer has pleased anyone (apart from those who just like to laugh and who never grew up with the original).

>Also, most Bill Murray movies are not comedies
most bill murray movies were in the 80's. and the comedy is what mattered in ghostbusters, not where zuul comes from or how proton packs work. not defending the new one, just pointing out that op missed the point

>that music

this looks so fucking bad i love it

>Ghostbusters, one the the best comedies of the 80's
>"hur dur, I love the rich depth of the gozer background they kinda allude to a little"

Christ you got the aspies bad son. Do you watch Die Hard to appreciate the building's architecture?

The production design reminds me of the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie.

>Haunted Mansion Budget: $90 million
>Ghostbusters (2016) Budget: $154 million
Makes you really think

It was a architectual at the time you pleb

Reminds me of another Sony production.

>I'll let you say it.
Fuck, they're not even trying to make it funny anymore.