/classical/ music: autism central

( Two|| stones.| .| .| . with_( one| bird\/*>) )_edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request*.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

(*) -- this is a lie**. None of us has the chart anymore.
(**) -- is a lie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Psx24n3rM
youtu.be/WW67JLX49yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1RrsiGmLp_E
youtube.com/watch?v=bnK3kh8ZEgA
youtube.com/watch?v=tOPE5XIX4FE
youtube.com/watch?v=WiDiTWgV_Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2CjcpIFwOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bWbBK2poJlE
youtube.com/watch?v=CYa6LHVXSpo
youtube.com/watch?v=76Osna4exoU
youtube.com/watch?v=bEFt_fcA4t0
youtube.com/watch?v=dUp6tbiuGqU
youtube.com/watch?v=LGu04FhGWP8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdMqHNcL6xI
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=FoU-iCT21fc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Psx24n3rM

This isn't music.

ok

>shitpost re-run
I beg to differ. It's a clearly wilful (agent dependent/induced, or non-spontaneous, or artificial) structured (ordered, non-random / not noise-like) phonic sequence.

>It's a clearly wilful (agent dependent/induced, or non-spontaneous, or artificial) structured (ordered, non-random / not noise-like) phonic sequence.
Speak English please.

You know what? Fuck that. The more interesting question isn't whether Stockhausen made music or not, but whether his music is good music, or bad music (a position you implicitly adopt).

youtu.be/WW67JLX49yQ

Those are all words in the English language, put together in such a way that it is coherent to speakers of the English language. Protip: disregard the parantheses if you don't understand him.

Resonating Islands, Éliane Radigue --
youtube.com/watch?v=1RrsiGmLp_E

Maybe you'll find the above electronic classical a more resonating experience than Kontakte. It's a very consonant, slow build-up of, essentially, canons and drones. (Radigue was fascinated by Tibetan chanting.)

To be honest, I am not particularly fond of it. It's too minimalist for me. I'm posting it for the fogeys. I'm trying to lure you guys into the pit of electronic music with the traditional harmonic treatment present therein.

This isn't sheer ignorance.

youtube.com/watch?v=bnK3kh8ZEgA

Remember your God.

I'm not a fan of Mozart's symphonies (although the 41st is pretty good). He's writing symphonies as if he's setting a non-existent libretto to music (some of his symphonies are very similar thematically to various arias from his operas too). This restricts the development in his symphonies significantly. An orchestra can do a whole lot more than a singer. That's what the symphony is all about: absolute instrumental music at its most intricate and clear. I doubt he ever cared much for this species anyway. I don't like Tchaikovsky's symphonies for the same reason; the music is too song-like. Missed potential.

Mozart's concerti however, are a thing of wonder. Here there song-like composition is an asset, especially for an instrument like the violin.
Concerto No. 3 --
youtube.com/watch?v=tOPE5XIX4FE

sorry grandpa, no time for common practice shit

youtube.com/watch?v=WiDiTWgV_Ls

Can you trip or something so I can filter your stupid opinions, it bothers me to have to read them every thread.

That's derivative as fuck. If you want to post spectral music, at least post the good stuff.

Pierres Sacrées, Iancu Dumitrescu
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2CjcpIFwOQ
(No electric or electronic devices are used in the performance by the way. It's all in-vivo on acoustic instruments.)

Of course I could use a trip. But I won't.
Get triggered shit-for-brains.

what are the harmonic rules for 12 tone composition?

>organ continuo
Why is this not a thing more often?

It is, you're just not listening to the right music

There are none. Dodecaphony revolves around harmonic elision.

Except it isn't. Even in that video only the first movement had organ continuo.

well clearly more than one note is allowed to play at once so what are the rules when that happens? Does each voice just have to contain some version of the row?

youtube.com/watch?v=bWbBK2poJlE
youtube.com/watch?v=CYa6LHVXSpo
youtube.com/watch?v=76Osna4exoU
youtube.com/watch?v=bEFt_fcA4t0

>you will never have this much swag

>>> r/classical

hi do u like brahms

ya

I recently realized I really enjoy classical music but getting into it seems pretty overwhelming.

Does anyone know of a good collection of most influential/well-known works or something like that? Something that has a bit of everything so I can get lightly acquainted with it and discover what I enjoy the most. I would love a download but I'll even buy physical stuff if you know any good ones.

Thanks in advance.

Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=dUp6tbiuGqU

youtube.com/watch?v=LGu04FhGWP8

Who are the essential piano music composers (counting Bach, Scarlatti et al even though they wrote for other keyboard instruments)?

Beethoven
Bach
Chopin
Liszt
Schubert
Schumann
Brahms
Rachmaninov
Mozart
Debussy
Scriabin

add to this list

Sup Forums here

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdMqHNcL6xI
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

If you're going to meme with Wagner, you might as well use a superior video.

youtube.com/watch?v=FoU-iCT21fc

>scratchy

hmmm, it's like it was made in 1942 or something