If diamond is in fact the hardest metal known to man, why dont they make bulletproof vests out of it?

If diamond is in fact the hardest metal known to man, why dont they make bulletproof vests out of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

physicsforums.com/threads/whats-the-difference-between-toughness-and-strength.67220/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How would you bend + expenses

bend? you think the material used in vests bends? you think the steel plates used in bulletproof vests bends?

its ceramic moron, not metal

It's not the hardest. My cock is hardest. And I can only cover half a nipple.

tl;dr Diamond is hard but not tough, it'll break

Also, with a quick google search you'll find that diamond while extremely hard, isn't very tough. Especially against a bullet. The hardness how I picture it is if you scratch 2 materials together, diamond will always win, but if you put diamond against lead travelling fast as fuck, well different story.

>metal

>Diamond
>Metal

I don't know. In the future everything will be made out of diamond as we can now produce them in laboratory and eventually on a mass scale. Truly, diamond is the hardest and best metal of them all.

meme isnt funny all the op did was write back a huge essay of bullshit on how he thinks its metal and noone gave a fuck except for aspies

It would be too heavy. 1g weighs like 15g

I heard the same thing.

It's very dense so 1kg is like 15kg or something.

1g weighs like 15g. nice. pretty sure 1g is 1g

This

/thread

Dubs of science have spoken

>carbon

Because paper covers rock. So mere paper benders can beat any diamond armor.

you dont deserve these trips

Specific gravity of diamond is only 3.5 faggot

Because the fucking Jews own all of the diamond mines and mark up the prices to insane amounts.

without something to compare it with, its stupid in the firstplace. also metals are diffrent in weight so you cant make a general rule that diamon weighs fifteen times more than other metals.

Hardest =/= toughness

physicsforums.com/threads/whats-the-difference-between-toughness-and-strength.67220/
Yes diamonds are a hard substance.
But they are brittle when subjected to certain types of force. (like a bullet.)

Same reason some metals are tempered before use.

I don't know OP. But I agree on the metal part. Since jewellery is made with it. Gold, silver and platinum are metals so diamonds must be too. I think that uranium is the hardest metal known to man. And it would be great if they produce vests in it... I don't know why do they insist on making bombs with it.

Oh so diamond is a metal now?

What? He said 1g=15g
It is a brilliant math equation.
Fuck off with your talk of metals