Well me and my gf just got into a massive argument, she thinks there is more than 2 genders but I disagreed...

Well me and my gf just got into a massive argument, she thinks there is more than 2 genders but I disagreed. What do you guys think?

I sympathise with you, user, so I'm going to show you how to take the piss out of this SJW bullshit:

Ask her to define "gender" without using examples or metaphor. She will be unable to do so. SJWs have very poor or even absent critical thinking skills, and strong yet remarkably shallow understanding of their own beliefs. Note that I did not write "belief system" : their beliefs and convictions are anything but coherent or systematic. As a result, all you need do is hold up a mirror to them and watch the fun.

Get a biology book
Done

The definition of gender Is
>the state of being male or female
>(typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones):
So by definition there is only two genders

>he wants to be on r/Sup Forums

Gender is just a description of clothes/hair color/hair style/amount of faggyness, so there are lots of genders. Gender is only useful info to further classify people into smaller groups to make it easier to exclude those they don't like.

On the other hand there are two sexes, da end.

That guy here but gender was made up by a pedophile

=============================
My gender is TransGNU or GNU/Gender or GNU plus Gender.

My gender pronouns are "free/frees/freem" or "fre/fres/frem" (in order to avoid confusion with the other definition of the word "free")

Being TransGNU means I identify as a freedom respecting gender: everyone has the right to the four essential gender freedoms:

0. Freedom to identify your gender as you wish.
1. Freedom to modify the gender so it does as you wish.
2. Freedom to redistribute the gender as you wish (allowing your peers to identify as the gender, too)
3. Freedom to redistribute any modifications to the gender you make as you wish (allowing your peers to identify as your modified gender)

My gender is licensed under the TGPLv3 (Trans GNU Public License) license.

=============================

You are both right. There are two genders, male and female. The difference is in chromosomes (XX and XY), hormones, body parts and a lot of other things. But that's only in a perfect world where nothing goes wrong. In reality there are people with XXY or XXX chromosomes, or people who are part XX and part XY. And people with hormonal disfunctions. Or with other differences like a preference for a same sex partner, or even a "female mind in a male body" and things like that. Labelling these people who are not entirely male and also not entirely female as another gender is not wrong.

In your brain, there are 2 parts, a male and a female. Typically, if you have xy chromosomes, the male part will be much bigger than the female, and vice versa if you have xx. Some people have birth defects where the opposite is true, causing the existence of trans people. According to all genetic makeup, genitalia, and even what you "feel" you are in your brain, there are 2 genders. The level of masculinity/femininity you feel is down to the size of these male/female things in your brain, so I can see why people think there are several genders, but it's all down to interpretation. Technically, gender has been proven to be fluid; a continuous scale with a strong correlation (but not causation) with our genitals and chromosomes, but due to this correlation, society lists this as 2 genders, to coincide with the 2 sexes.

tl:dr, there are either 2 genders, or gender is fluid, none of this omni-pan-phlegm-queer shit that's made up. I did have source for all this but can't find it atm.

Why can't we just get rid of gender and keep it only to the sex (biological factors)
The concept of gender Is frankly retarded

Just to reiterate something which may be confusing; there are 2 gendered parts in your brain, each of varying size, resulting in the fluidity of your literal gender.

Penile

Call people what ever the fuck you want to. Screwing someone with a penis when you're a male doesn't make you any less gay.

b-b-but what if it's a feminine penis?

Some babies are born as hermaphrodites. Thus, there should be 3 genders.
>but all that personal preference bullshit is just that; bullshit.

For years I thought transgenders were born that way, only a few years ago I found out that they were just weirdos taking hormones

Hospitals only use 2 genders for when babies are born. They don't take into account different phases people will go through in their lives.

no babies are born as functioning hermaphrodites. One set, if any, of their genetalia actually works

Define "functioning" hermaphrodite?

No babies are born as "functioning" males either.

>cock n Ballz
>bagina

That is all there is

/thread

there are multiple gender IDENTITY because gneder IDENTITY is a combination of scaled feminmine, ro masculine traits each person has, aka a woman can be very mascaline, and that would impact your gender identity, however that would NOT affect her BIOLOGICAL gender, which is either male, female or intersex.

Sure, there are more than two genders. But there are a limited number of sexes, because there are a limited number of chromosomal configurations that more or less fit the mold for a healthy human being not made of cancer, or a half-formed fetus. And certain people confuse sexual orientations for genders. Bisexual is not a gender.

>with reference to social and cultural differences
>rather than biological ones
>social and cultural differences
>implying that there are only two types of social and cultural differences

Source other than Tumblr please?

Fuck all that social and cultural bullshit.
It's all about the tackle you were born with.

But do ya av a cok m8?

This. Identity isn't binary, but biological sex is pretty limited.

I think you're right op. Only self loathing commie faggots believe otherwise. Your gf included

your girlfriend is batshit insane
you should move out as much as possible w/o letting her know
get a restraining order
then make sure that all you mutual friends know about the restraining order, and that if they tell her where you live you will press charges against them for conspiracy to violate a restraining order and conspiracy to commit w/e batshit thing your ex does when she finds you

gender=sex
>same thing

Well there is more than two.
1.) Male
2.) Female
3.) Apache Attack Helicopter
ffs, it's first grade man.

functioning as in both sets of genitals, at any point in their lifespan, possessing reproductive capabilities

human babies born as 'hermaphrodites' have one set of functioning genitalia and one vestigial set. and a lot of the time even the functioning set is infertile

male.
female.

2 genders.

>obligatory attack helicopter gender meme

if you have a peeny or vagoo and are a self mutilated concoction of hair dye and hrts. Gess wot. Still gunna die a boy or grill

>grill
Kek

that trick is strong. you can't define anything with it even the two regular gender.... oh well nothing is real anyway

I identify as TRANS. MISSION

"If they are the same we wouldn't use both"

"They're used interchangeably. Welcome to the English language"

"from a university school of medicine:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs. Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

that's like saying clothing and style are the same thing. one is a physical thing and the other is a social concept"

And according to
there's a difference between sex and gender.

Only if they identify themselves as an attack helicopter.

Gender, as opposed to biological sex. is a social construct. Sex is strictly determined by biology with few conditional exceptions such as dysphoria, hermaphroditism and intersexuality, but gender isn't restricted by nature.

Being that gender is more related to ideas than nature itself, an individual can choose to identify whichever way they want if they consider it fit for their self-determination and understandment.

You can bedazzle your jeans all you want, or cut the legs off at the knees and call them shorts. It doesn't change the fact that they are made with two legs.

I am not saying that people can't identify however they choose, but it doesn't change the facts that there are only two genders.

Of course. But you're using the word gender instead of sex. You can't change your sex, not today. But you can change your gender, because it is a social or cultural construct. It It's 's self-evident. It's in the mind. Imaginary. Abstract.

I THINK YOUR A SEXIST, RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, TRANSPHOBIC, ISLAMAPHOBIC, RAPE APOLOGIST

Well by definition feminism is a movement for equal rights for women but that's not the case anymore now is it?

Exactly what this user said.

Now, just tell her that "male" and "female" refer to sex and not gender. You could even say that "trans(fe)male" refers only to gender.

The real debate is not about the difference between sex and gender, but rather what significance we place on these two ideas. As gender is subjective, I say that it is completely meaningless compared to objective sex.

no I meant precisely what was stated. two genders.
gender=sex
gender≠sexuality

> people confusing sex with gender
> only 2 sexes
> many genders

I know what you meant. But, what you meant isn't correct by accepted definition.

Gender =/= Sexuality. Yep.

Gender =/= Sex, however.

>even functioning set is infertile
>functioning is infertile
>functioning
>infertile
So which is it? (can't be both)

this
best get out now before she sucks you OP and starts making you take part in these perversions

youre diluted

Male gender would be defined as the male of the species, having male sex organs. Female would be the opposite. There, I just defined the two genders for you without using example or metaphor. The physical definition is XX or XY.

If you have a dick, you are a male
If you have a vagina you are female

your "girlfriend" is trying to subtly let you know that "she" was born with a penis

Learnt that in gender studies right?

according to you and the hollywood butthurt media

if you have both your a fuckin freak

You're correct.
The Hollywood butthurt media helped deliver you, you know.

Are you asking Sup Forums do we think there's more than 2 genders? Because we obviously know there isn't. We're not like tumblr. We're not that retarded. Even retards from /x/ know there's only 2 genders.

You can just ask Google to define it, m8.

You mean, retards from Sup Forums go to what's left of /x/.

Pretty much this, they are quick to remind you that that gender is not the same as sex and gender only means how you should behave; but at the same time they say that another gender should be treated like you changed sex.

There is nothing rational in there.

correct

theres only one gender - men. women=objects, others are mental illnesses

No, but I would have so much fun in a gender studies class fucking with all the snowflakes.

/x/ was so entertaining wtf happened? Well I couldn't say I find trap threads better than /x/ but still. Other than the trap threads Sup Forums is better.

I think you're a massive faggot, OP.

google is a censored search engine that supports defective thinking

I consider myself mano-Gender
Its not there but I just say it :)
I have a very small penis and long hair.Also im very tall and have boobs.But when my mood changes I can be a boy or a girl so peeps always say ''her or she'' when I'm acctually a boy like wtf
Whatever
trans are bad peeps btw they only do everything for attention
>inb4 copypasta bait

You would get pegged a week into semester

Try to subtly and mentally condition her to an anti feminist lifestyle. For instance when she talks about there being more than two genders, blow a handful of fine sand into her eyes. Also when she tries to win and argument, blow a handful of fine sand into her eyes (You will need to go to the beach and fill your pockets with sand.)
Another protip:
Try to confine her to the kitchen by making a wall of corpses. Not just regular corpses, white male corpses. She will quake on her knees when she sees this glorious wall and will immediately make you a sandwich.

Hitler was an inside job.

>gender is subjective
so gender is whatever anyone interprets it to be. i.e. me stating my relative view of sex and gender meaning the same thing is also correct. There is not rule that says that you have to call someone whatever they "identify as." That is consideration that is given to a member of society as a social construct of politeness. When butthurt fags demand that I call them fluid or some other nonsense, I politely refuse. Bottom line, if you have a dick you are a boy and a puss a girl and that is how you will be addressed.

I'd wear a Trump shirt so they would avoid me for fear of an ancient mummy curse.

>There is not rule that says that you have to call someone whatever they "identify as."

There is in New York now, look it up. It is illegal to refuse to use the pronouns which someone explicitly says they prefer.

Yes, we as a species are doomed if we keep it up with this stupid shit.

do you have a dick and a pussy?

>Conspirationatti user joins the brawl
Merriam Webster
Oxford
Cambridge

You choose.

>So which is it? (can't be both)
a functioning gun can fire blanks
a functioning gas chamber can have no jews in it

a vulva not attached to ovaries is never going to do shit

Also, if someone who I knew was a guy told me they were a girl, I'd say "no, you're a guy".

If they tried the "gender is a social construct" thing with me, with which I don't disagree, I would merely tell them that when they discuss their gender/sex with me, they must use objectively true standards and thus they are talking about sex. And they are a guy.

See, I can play their game and still win. That's how you have to argue with these people. You must speak their language.

actually XXY is pretty common and amazingly stable. They are biologically female and often don't even discover they have an extra chromosome until fertility issues arise.

Not that I disagree or anything. Just letting you know that argument can implode on account of XXY being a (relatively) common, stable configuration with very little observable phenotypes.

you are teeling me that if I walk into an establishment and tell everyone I identify specifically as a non-man-non-woman-non-fluid-sexual-being, and anyone fails to call me by that instead of "sir" or "ma'am" that person will be fined for breaking the law...fucking ridiculous.

And people still wonder how Trump was elected.
Serously those people want to be tolerated; most people would ignore them and go about their business; forcing them to your warped worldview alienates every last sympathy they could garner.
Well if you give people a pinky...

Not yet my doctor said it could be possible and expensive..Im hoping to get one very soon

>gender is whatever anyone interprets it to be
>me stating my relative view of sex and gender meaning the same thing is also correct
>Bottom line
>if you have a dick you are a boy and a puss a girl and that is how you will be addressed

>relative view of sex and gender

Something is wrong here, but I can't put my finger on it. Because it's disingenuous.

But that is disheartening.

This.

Right, but if XXY is pretty common and amazingly stable, then it isn't a living cancer or a half-formed fetus. XXY fits the mold for a healthy human being not made of cancer, or a half-formed fetus, pardon my hyperbole.

Well I'm talking about pronouns, like he/him/himself, she/her/herself, bun/buns/bunself (yes, that is real). But yes, you get the idea.

i think you need to keep your pimp hand strong

It shouldn't be a rule, but I'd consider it politeness.If your friend Angela wants to be called Angie, going out of your way to call her Angela is just a mean move.

so what do you currently have or were born with?

>2 sexes: male and female

>Gender

Nigga u can be attracted to whatever the fuck you want, it aint nothin of my damn business

Describing yourself as trans-morphomegajesus-train is fucking retarded tho

I've been in the same argument, way too many times. I really want to talk anyone out of this belief if possible. Its best to just say you don't personally believe it, but you respect her opinion, even if you don't really.

Half of girls hate being treated differently from men, and the other half still want to be treated like they're special, but being a hetero girl isn't trendy enough.

Pretty much this, if gender is a social construct that describes the expected behaviour it does not change your sex.

The insistens that sex is something different is admitting that no real change happens, only different behaviour.

Someone with kleinfelders (xxy) is still male, but they have fucked up hormones and bone structure. Someone with downed syndrome is still human even though they have an extra chromosome

Show her the oxford definition for gender.

I don't care what the law is. Anyone ever tried to force that shit on me the only noun I'd call them is Bitch.

This is utter bullshit. There are no "gendered" parts of the brain.