The best thing about Sphere is the time-travel hook...

The best thing about Sphere is the time-travel hook. The notion that something from the future crash landed on Earth centuries ago and holds secrets for us in the present. The actual sphere and what it did and the phsychological/ethical human message was all retarded drawn out shit that was poorly done. They could have had them imagine so much more interesting things.

Anyways, agree, disagree?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/list/ls000367797/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the movie rushes through the plot points of the book to fast.

Star Trek did this same theme before is the worse part, but that's not what Michael Christon books were about.

Either way, the time travel was simple, Crichton has since done better books about it. The really interesting thing was the exploration of the underwater, the insight on math, and the just the general theory of how aliens are like gods but that probably wouldn't make them any more important to us.

again a common theme in Star Trek TOS

please suggest better books that deal with the same theme as you mention. im a lit pleb

imdb.com/list/ls000367797/

Timeline, technically was his big TIME TRAVEL book. it's less interesting in the time travel and more interesting in the perspective of the medieval ages. there's a movie also.

>another Sup Forums retard only judges a film on things that happen in DA STORYYY

It's a shit film because it's a shit film. Literally not anything you fucking mentioned.

>It's a shit film

The book is actually not bad. I read it like 16 years ago though

>tfw I like underwater shit but all the movies are fucking garbage

Michael's books are as good as they get frankly. Which isn't saying much, but they're informative and entertaining. Sphere talks about math more then it does anything else, which doesn't translate as well into RAW SAMUEL L JACKSON ACTION

>Michael's books are as good as they get frankly

lmao fucking hwat

It's not easy to do underwater shit.

Waterworld, The Abyss and Sphere is like the best of it. The Deep Blue and Titanic are more about flooding, but there's no way to translate that feeling of water to the movie screen. There's a psychological element you can't get unless you hold your breath during the movie..

Big is a great psychological thriller about an alien/time travel mystery.

Movie was a rushed piece of shit with bad pacing and acting.

DUDE LMAO FUCKING NOOB

They're entertaining Sci-Fi that cracks into education. It's like the Bill Nye of Sci-fi books. It's not saying much, but they're damn fun books to enjoy. Jurassic Park was talking about DNA back when it was not really an understood topic at all. Really CSI and OJ Simpson Trial is what made it pop culture beyond JP.

But yeah,

DUDE WHAT LMAO aside, name me a better one.

seriously.

>DUDE LMAO FUCKING NOOB
>DUDE WHAT LMAO
>the Bill Nye of Sci-fi books

what the fuck are you talking about?

This was the ban of WATER movies. Hard to work with, expensive, but damn do they look sweet.

Michael Crichton... the author... I guess you're not familiar with him. He's fun to read and detail packed books. Lot's of interesting facts with real science mixed in whenever possible.

Andromeda Strain and Terminal man as well as Great Train Robbery are 3 of his best real world books that give some surprising insight.

Didn't rush through much, this was just a terrible Crichton book.

I don't think that was the issue. The book was psychological thriller... How they made the sphere itself was different.

Deep rising way better. Great cast and unique plot. Sphere had it's moments would've loved more of the space ship and the crews fate. I know sphere has to remain mysterious but would like to know where they found it and got it into the ship.

too bad he's among a slew of authors that are confirmed to have a ton of ghost writers

>a terrible Crichton book
I bet you haven't even read it.

>Sphere talks about math
You fucking wot? There's no fucking math in the book, unless you count remapping the standard keyboard "math".

By his own bootstraps by Heinlein.

Sure they did. The majority of the book was dialogue and exposition about metaphysics, science, and world building with a good mystery. That movie just hit the major plot points and didnt connect the setpieces as well as they could.

>t. someone who hasn't actually read the book but felt the need to opine on it