Amount of hype, artificial or unintentional, around this abortion:

Amount of hype, artificial or unintentional, around this abortion:
-Anton Yelchin dead
-Delayed trailers
-Re-shoots
-A timed reveal of a character coming out of the closet
-Rihanna suddenly released a single with the third trailer
-She also releases a video talking about how "she always loved Star Trek" without saying a single fucking thing about the franchise.
-Buy it at iTunes

They couldn't be more scared of it flopping and with good reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXhIT4MpRis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_one_with_the_whales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the only reason to see JJtrek is karl urban

>think that the posters try too hard to hide 'Star Trek' on them
>look back at the old ones
>everything after VI the subtitle is bigger

what the fuck?

it wont flop. the other two jj treks were crap and still did well in the box office. people like dumb shit with a familiar name to it. that's all. star trek is dead.

As Trek Fan these movies are fucking BASED. I don't really give a flying fuck if their not other peoples taste, they are exactly what the fans of one of the most influential sci-fi series of all time WANT.

This isn't just some Micheal Bay turns a dollar making some kids toys shit, it takes teh orginal movies into consideration. The Sulu being gay thing gives a crap to absolutely nobody.

And frankly they could have justin bieber doing a song release right now saying how he loved being in the movie and i'd still fucking want to see this in the full imax UAX experience.

I think the movies are done well, and Star Trek OST is one of the greatest series that's ever came out. Star Trek alone without this has like 22 days worth of content. It makes all the Star Wars and LotR seem like a miniseries. Star Trek is a fucking juggernaut.

These are just drops in a bucket, and frankly doesn't look like the series is going to be dying off any fucking day soon.

>As Trek Fan
> is fine with trek being turned into just another action flick
fuck off retard.

Also doesn't have the 50 lines of small font on it, and just minimal font and graphics.

Can't be intentional, mus be trying to hide that brand name they're OBVIOUSLY exploiting to just cash into a popular meme franchise of the time from 60's before anyone realizies it's all just a hack job trick that doesn't relate to orginal brand...

like Ghostbusters.

you see the difference now?

One has the title, the producers and production and the website

The other lists the full credit and soundtrack and ratings and the copyright and the tagline

The shills have no time punch.

it's like 3 fucking movies TOS and TNG already have more movies EACH then Star Trek with the prequels m8.

I am not going to cry they made 6 hours of action when there's like 30 hours of TOS to still enjoy, faggot.

If anything it's what the series needed.

>If anything it's what the series needed.
okay buddy, you've said enough.

You can guess the demographic hate they got The villain from Heros and Sherlock Holmes and the bad guy from the Rock and Kumar and one of the most bad ass Kirks to out do Shatner (like it was that hard) with judge dredd as his docter.

Oh ya, what a fucking terrible movie series, let's also through in Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead.

The movies just filled with hacks and token alien monsters now. Might as well just toss it in the trash.

I 100% why movie buffs would hate this film, but as a fan of Khan I 100% understand what they are doing with the films. They even got Leonard Nimoy in the fucking film. You can try to shit on the Trek but again, there's no sci-fi franchise built bigger then this shit.

Even Doctor Who with it's 26 seasons doesn't even come close to Treks size including the 100 missing episodes.

YALL BITCHES BE TROLLING IN A NERD THREAD, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Star Wars came out in 77, Star Trek 66.

Which do you think is the real Sci-Fi?

RIHANNA'S MUSIC VIDEO TRAILER WAS FUCKING BIZARRE

SAW IT IN IMAX 3D BEFORE TARZAN AND THE WHOLE PLACE WAS DEAD SILENT AT THE END

HAS A MOVIE EVER DONE THAT BEFORE? A TRAILER WITH ZERO MOVIE FOOTAGE, CAN'T THINK OF ANY

Star Trek, Star Wars is fantasy.

I DONT KNOW BRO CAPS LOCK FOR FUARKIN LIFE YEAHHHH XD

this guy gets it, yall trolls be posting in a nerd thread. you want to see a flop take your wife's kids to see ghostbusters.

youtube.com/watch?v=BXhIT4MpRis

not a bad video, she does good music.

still better then a trailer that spoils the entire movie.

The new movies are great. Fast paced and action packed. Yes its not as cerebral as TOS and movies, but then again the current franchise has to ensure that the existing fan base as well as the next generation of fans not only remains but exhibits healthy growth.
In this Abrams has fared exceptionally well.
The characters in the current series of movies are likable, the Enterprises design is great, the cameos necessary and the resurrection of characters of Khan mandatory for nostalgic reasons.

JJ and the new trek = 7/10
Cudos and thumbs up.

Why only 7/10 for such a glowing endorsement?

It's not doing what the other Star Treks do delving into social commentary, but since we're getting a new tv series, meh.

Because it also has its problems. They're not getting into what Star Trek is really about: Exploring new Sci-Fi and social ideas and making the viewer contemplate what they might not have considered before.
Strip the nostalgia and glitzy effects and it currently panders to the middle of the road.
Its not geeky trek.

Star Trek movies were never geeky Trek though.

WoK was space Hamlet.

Any fan of the shows would know this unless he's never seen anything but JJTrek.

>WoK was space Hamlet.
Cmon that is Geek fest heaven. Hamlet featuring Shatner

Veeger was very Geeky.
So was undiscovered country.

>Any fan of the shows would know this unless he's never seen anything but JJTrek.
I find you imputation offensive. I own two versions of TOS. With and without the new effects.

It will still be better than Star Wars

TFA was awesome. So will Beyond.

Don't detract from both with your shitty opinion

Star Trek movies were never geeky?

First one was about Voyager 1, then Hamlet in Space, then the death and birth of a planet ans spock. the most beloved character, to see his schooling was amazing, this is what made the New Trek so fucking based.

To see Spock in school like a badass Ender Wiggin's is just everything that made it for me right there, but the uhra love intrests. thanks

>They couldn't be more scared of it flopping and with good reason.

Well, yeah. Paramount doesn't spam blockbusters the way Disney can afford to, where they don't even really *care* that Alice 2 and The BFG failed, because they've got four of the top 5 movies of the year and the only thing likely to drive one of them out is another of their movies. Paramount's only other tentpole movie this summer was Ninja Turtles, and it bombed, badly. If Beyond fails, they've pretty much lost the year. And, remember, they don't even stand to benefit from the upcoming Trek series on CBS because of the Viacom split - that show belongs to CBS.

anybody else recently make the decision to not go see it just because of the incredibly unnecessary gay Sulu retcon??

I mean i was not expecting much from this one anyway but i still wanted to see it just cuz the first Arbrams trek is what brought me into the franchise. But this obnoxious sjw pandering is just a complete fucking travesty. I'm predicting this to be the end of the jj trekverse.

cant believe they killed anton just for publicity

RIP

karl urban looks fucking retarded in that poster what the hell

u jelly

he looks like a guido with fake eyebrows in it though

TFA was a pile of horse shit.

>hurr durr I h8 blax
>>>pol

ya, that's why he did so well in Dredd.

dudes got weird eyebrows.

Rihanna starring in a Star Trek film WHEN?

TFA was 1/10 objectively speaking. Please don't praise Disney Wars every again.

So which of the original movies are they ripping off this time?

Good thing I never saw any old Trek movies nor Khan so Into Darkness was all new to me and I give that an 8/10.

I have no desire to ever watch the Star Trek series (Am more of a Star Wars fans).

ST:VOY "The Swarm"
ST:VOY "The Void"

user you better be jesting.

You're mistaken, the nig nog was one of the best parts about the movie. In fact,the maRey Sue was the real issue for me. Fuck that movie. Sarah Corner, Ellen Ripley even Beattrix Kiddo are examples of heroines done right. maRey Sue for no reason was super good at everything. She's Disney newest Power Princess so why train when there's wish upon a star. She closes her eyes and says force and then overpowers a force master user? Bullshit.

As a man who saw Kahn all the time, they did it like backwards, and it was so fucking cool. It didn't detract from the film, for sure.

Except I very well am not "jesting".

"The Swarm" involved a secretive race that utilized similar tactics of a large fleet of smaller ships to over take a single ship.

"The Void" involved being trapped in an area of space where people had been abandoned (the planet they are trapped on is similar to that). Enemies work against one another until an alliance is made, such as with Kirk and the alien girl we keep seeing.

>-Anton Yelchin dead
And?

>-Delayed trailers
It was delayed because none of the filmmakers felt the first teaser represented the film so they delayed to cut a more accurate second trailer

>-Re-shoots
Literally every big budget movie on the planet

>-A timed reveal of a character coming out of the closet
Cho accidentally let this slip in an interview with some shitty Australian magazine talking to him about Yelchin's death

>-Rihanna suddenly released a single with the third trailer

>-She also releases a video talking about how "she always loved Star Trek" without saying a single fucking thing about the franchise.
And?

>-Buy it at iTunes

I know the episodes, but those sound like stupid as fuck choices to base a movie off of.

They should have just done First Contact so it'll at least have the Borg in it.

>They should have just done First Contact so it'll at least have the Borg in it.

Totally agree, I miss the Queen and the Drones.

This.
They've got nothing left but their Bones.

You forgot to mention gay Sulu.

>A timed reveal of a character coming out of the closet

>the human adventure is just beginning

>at the end of the universe lies the beginning of vengeance

>the battle for peace has begun

>the battle for paradise has begun

Every time I'm reminded that the Voyage Home exists I have a little laugh to myself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_one_with_the_whales

Ender's Game sucked.

It's a silly concept, but it does it so well. Easily among my all-time favorite movies. So comfy, so Star Trek.

They should have put borg or klingons in it desu