Kill edm 2017

When will this disgrace of a genre finally FUCKING DIE.
There is no "music" on this earth more commercial, more soulless, more fake, more cheap, more garbage than this PIECE OF FUCKING CANCER.
EDM fans are also the fucking worst. Social rejects and disgusting whores pretending to be happy while "dancing" to retarded hardstyle. Kill yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3kdCN9jec
youtube.com/watch?v=M2WuAPfaapY
youtu.be/9oq1G_PuDzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-hM036pURwE
youtube.com/watch?v=a7UT8SAEaP4
youtube.com/watch?v=gHiqPG0526U
youtu.be/SOWUaUC7KOw
soundcloud.com/teammollymassive/i-lost-my-one-true-love-to-r34-r9k
youtu.be/CXtx46V9wW8?t=1m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5Mt2PLf9E
youtube.com/watch?v=LJqnniRd4YA
youtu.be/UWHiS596yaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol he mad

What can be done to stop them?
Besides nuking tomorrowland and killing all these fucks in a matter of a single second?

But keep Stage 2 right? :^)

>social rejects

Complete opposite, stop being jealous and get laid, fatty.

No that's rap "music".

start with /bleep/

No worse than hip hop or indie rock.

Low-effort shitpost

S-shut up, s-senpai. A-a few hundred years from now, EDM w-will be the new c-classical music.

Ouch

I'm 100 % honest here. EDM represents everything that I hate about society

fuck you bleep can stay

Will your trash can become a treasure chest in a few hundred years?

Over my dead Body you fuck.

I bet you adore grimes and thinks she's amazing yet she has no talent

>Tfw Sup Forumstard
>Like edm
>Have right wing nationalistic values

Yeah, and I use it to escape the ways of liberal bullshit. Except that's for drum and bass and dubstep. The actual type of dubstep England made

Commercial EDM gets so shit so quickly because people just use the exact same ideas in their songs over and over. Drum n Bass and more underground house artists normally experiment more and make really filthy tracks - if you're into dirt.

Is there any good EDM/bro-step/whatever out there? Like literally anything.

I like a lot of the dance music posted in /bleep/ and /bloop/ but I haven't found any """EDM""" I like.

>The actual type of dubstep England made
So not "EDM"

Agreed it's for people that believe in "Chakra" and other full retard shit.

Underground house and DnB aren't EDM tho

seeing bad company uk/dc breaks/loadstar on sunday ayyyyy dnb

I dig this alot, it was on the fabriclive37 mix by Caspa and Rusko that is often credited as the beginning of "brostep"

youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3kdCN9jec

True, but a lot of people confuse the two. Thinking EDM means any electronic dance music, not just the commercial shit.

This uses some of the Skrillex wub-wub sounds but, otherwise, it's missing a lot of the typical bro-step elements. I definitely prefer this to most of the other EDM garbage I hear, but I don't think it'd be fair to call this EDM even if it inspired some later producers.

So I maintain that I still haven't heard any decent EDM.

>not appreciating sound design and melodic compositions

I don't know what kind of garbage you guys like but claiming that all that rap/indie-rock/pop shit is better than glorious EDM master race you can kindly go fuck yourself. Learn to enjoy music instead of finding "meaning" in it.

Also, message me when your shitty music's events gather more than a couple of people compared to ultra/tomorrowland.

>missing typical bro-step elements

like what?

check this out as well
youtube.com/watch?v=M2WuAPfaapY

Lucky you. I know D.C breaks and loadstar have albums in the works but I want a new BC album. They have to also re release inside the machine and their first album

obviously im not talking about the real uk rave shit out there man.

>who is coki

edm is going through its glamrock stage due to the demand being stupidly high

just wait it out anons

I think this should concise

youtu.be/9oq1G_PuDzQ

their newer stuff has been p massive as well

youtube.com/watch?v=-hM036pURwE

youtube.com/watch?v=a7UT8SAEaP4

That stuff has some good shit. And Americans do make some decent stuff, but there's a saturation in here unlike Europe.

as an american, there is an oversaturation of shit brostep and trap, but good dnb shows come through my city once a month. I don't really go out that much (thnx wallet) so it works out fine.

The music that group makes is just bliss. The older stuff still sounds good, especially the nine and hornet. And Ram has been very good this year. Killbox ep was pure sound system joy, and D.C breaks having that upcoming album surely makes this year for them great. Also, 25th year in biz for them

>message me when your shitty music's events gather more than a couple of people
>"Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran have way more fans than any musicians you like so fuck you"

>Learn to enjoy music instead of finding "meaning" in it.
What the fuck does that mean? People aren't ripping on EDM for not having "meaning". It just sounds like shit. I'd guarantee a lot of the people shitting on EDM on Sup Forums deeply enjoy actually good dance and electronic music. It's not the rap/rock/pop fans shitting on it.

I don't enjoy EDM because the songs have terrible writing, and usually also terrible instrumentation. Hard-hitting sound design means nothing if you give the MIDI keyboard to a toddler.

The relaxed verses that do nothing but serve as a foil to an "EPIC DROP BRO!!!!!!", etc. Dubstep and mainstream EDM are super chorus-oriented. There also aren't any cheesy samples or whatever. The wub motif is very similar but the overall structure is different.

Oh yeah this is pretty good. I guess it's debatable how "EDM" it is but I could definitely listen to this.

Trap is the worst just because it's popular to make in remix. I know noisia has been liking trap but that's the juicy 20/20 ldn stuff ivy lab has been making. But us Americans make some quality dubstep and drum and bass. Kill the noise, ewun, diselboy, herobust, megalodon, griz, and evol intent. Problem is what you said; Saturation

youtube.com/watch?v=gHiqPG0526U

EDM gets really good once its actually danceable

>Relaxed verses do nothing other then "Epic drop lol!!!!"

I've seen some dubstep and drum and bass songs that still stay melodic and have their valued. The entangled remix from Camo and krooked, and Brooke's brothers having some songs with complete opposite ways of going

I love trap (i've always bee really into hip hop) but there is so much absolute shit being made under the genre name. Check out Homemade Weapons if you haven't yet, nasty halftime dnb dj from Seattle.

Trap dj's tend to play the same 15 songs, so I pass on most of em.
>cue midi horns

>Posting that

Listen to this

youtu.be/SOWUaUC7KOw

trap can be done well, it's that music is over-saturated with shit. Look at Kanye or Kendrick for a sample of it done well.

So are we talking about big-room house, trap, electro-house, brostep, etc or are we talking about electronic music as a whole?
This shitty catch-all phrase makes it difficult to discuss.

I think it's a okay genre just from the beats. Ivy lab and xtrah have made some good stuff, and so have slander and nghtmre, but they do have the same old songs in their sets.

Also, trap remixes suck ass compared to dubstep and DnB remixes

This. When you condense it all down, it's so damn hard to talk about the good and not the mainstream Shit like tiƫsto or alesso or diplo. Fuck them to be honest

I make EDM but only about Sup Forums memes

soundcloud.com/teammollymassive/i-lost-my-one-true-love-to-r34-r9k

>Ivy lab
wew lad that fucking tenticles remix
youtu.be/CXtx46V9wW8?t=1m10s

>edm is going through its glamrock stage due to the demand being stupidly high
>just wait it out anons

But why listen to "EDM" when you can listen to 40 years worth of electronic dance music that evolved out of the underground and isn't some record executive's creation?

>advertising on Sup Forums

That's like saying Juggalos aren't social rejects because they get together in a big group do drugs and fuck each other

I like their music. Likely the best turn around especially with that compilation they made in November. I know neonlight and machinedrum have remixes and I love all of them. But the worst is that C&K remix, and it's still good.

It's about raving and having a good time. EDM will always exist so long as people continue to enjoy dancing around at raves while rolling balls. It's a blast, learn to have fun.

This. That's what keeps the genre, especially drum and bass going. Listen to 1998-2005 drum and bass, since they are still used today. Ed rush and opticals wormhole, bad company's book of bad, ram triologys album, matrix and future bound making viper, noisias EP on moving shadow, and the list goes on. They are all great albums that changed edm, especially drum and bass

this. Dude. EDM has been around since like 2007 and only recently became huge. It will remain as long as people want to dance and go raving and do new drugs like molly.

It's been around later then that you idiot. Raves also had drugs in the 90's, but that was when the genre was like /bleep/

"Raving" as it's come to be known was birthed out of the late 80s. People have been going to clubs, taking drugs, and dancing since several decades earlier.

>do new drugs like molly
>molly (mdma) ((ectasy))
>ecstasy is a new drug

LOL

>posts nigger tier brostep

kys

Rave culture was heavily inspired by disco culture, once disco was deemed to be suck the dancing drug using degenerates(i say that with love) needed to find a new scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5Mt2PLf9E

Dubstep is pretty tight

There's years worth of far better music to rave to, though. EDM is just a shitty fad.

youtube.com/watch?v=LJqnniRd4YA

>Brostep
>Clear drum and bass track

Are you an idiot?

dnb is official music for sausagefests

>Implying that isn't for stuff like grimes

I'm convinced this board has sex to grimes

>Sup Forums
>sex

That's older dubstep. This is new dubstep

youtu.be/UWHiS596yaM

>Sup Forums
>Not being a board for hipsters

I see so many threads on k-pop and grimes and nu rock and that shit, it makes me feel like I'm in tumblr, but Sup Forums is closer to that

Well that sounds like shit

It's from reso mate. His stuff is top notch. Lemme guess, you like burial and in denial of "brostep" being actual dubstep

>music made to drive any attractive girls out of the club

ya this is why dubstep is trash

>Made to get girls
>No video
>It's pure dubstep

Well then, I didn't know that you hated stuff that's genuine and feels incredible in a club

The edge on this holy shit

Agreed

I always imagined the Kpop people as greasy otaku types.

I have a hard time listening to dubstep for my own pleasure, but I absolutely love it in clubs. I live in the US now, where its a lot more difficult to find some good clubs with good music, but when I lived in Germany we went out and got fucked up at the club every Friday for dubstep night. Best memories of my life.

The best guys in Germany are virtual riot and phace. Sure your nation is cucked as ours also gets screwed even with Donald as our president. The genre still has its flavor, but it's old. That's why the classic sound of 2011 is coming back, and I'm glad for that

OP, listen to this selection

This. Sure I may be a pleb to like some mainstream edm songs, but they are all cookie cutter made

EDM is this generation's disco.

>ITT: Pretentious shitters

Don't pretend to be something you ain't faggos
>inb4 anons calling me a rockfag

Except disco was actually good and influenced hip-hop and essentially the entire lineage of dance music that came out of the NY Garage sound and Chicago house and Detroit techno. It was only maligned when the mainstream tried to hop the bandwagon and bastardized the sound entirely, and stripped it of it's original cultural roots, churning out derivative shit.

If anything, dubstep is this generation's disco as it was highly influential, bastardized by mainstream, stripped of culture, and changed completely. Not to mention the huge influence of various artists associated with the generalized dubstep scene. There's James Blake's early releases on Hemlock associated with the hessle audio and swamp 81 and others scene of "post-dubstep" or more forward-thinking dubstep influenced dance music coming out in the high point of the "brostep" explosion. Burial, who has been highly acclaimed and influential through the dissemination of the so-called "future garage" style too, though more rooted in the dark garage/proto/early dubstep sound that was big from 2002 - 2005 before the halftime sound dominated was linked with dubstep early on in his career and with one of it's key labels, Hyperdub. Flying Lotus also was associated with Hyperdub for a while. Even trap proginators and Kanye collaborators/producers HudMo and Lunice got their start in the dubstep scene.

It's already on the way down tho, normies hate anything perceived as "popular" and EDM is getting more and more popular. Every normie wants to have obscure taste in music. Also when eventually all the drugs fry the brains of EDM fans, eventually they will move on.

Sadly this