What is real mu-core?

What are the real mu-core albums?
The ones everyone agrees on

Other urls found in this thread:

scatsoupfortwo.bandcamp.com/track/faggot-was-a-better-rapper-than-this-cumbakfaget
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's a tiny fucking image

Idk honestly but I think pallbearer has a couple albums that should be up for the title.

No one agrees about anything. Sup Forumscore is just an illusion. Protip: listen to what you like and stop caring about what other people like.

Sup Forumscore isn't an illusion it's more of a place to start when looking for something in a specific genre you haven't explored.

Merriweather Post Pavilion should really be replaced by Remain in Light at this point

In the end ItCotCK is the only mandatory listen.

Thought it was more a list of the most popular memeish albums on Sup Forums

It kind of started that way and certainly is to an extent, but people have been focusing more on making genre charts now instead of a catch all.

right here

At this point, I'd say the only two "official" Sup Forumscore albums that literally everyone can agree on are ItCotCK and Remain in Light.
And Aeroplane, of course.

I think Hospice should be replaced with Spiderland

>no Pet Sounds

Most Posted Albums since I've been here (2013) :

> Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
> Grimes - Art Angels
> Avalanches - Wildflower
> Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

> Fishmans - Long Season
> NMH - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Animal Collective - Painting With

i don't agree with either of those
ITAOTS, kid A, loveless, MBDTF, the money store, MPP
that's core Sup Forumscore

See Grimes is shit
So that's why I made the thread
What are records everyone agrees upon
What's real mu-core

OFFICIAL Sup ForumsCORE

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Loveless
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Kid A
OK Computer
In the Court of the Crimson King
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

It was and shall always be these 7, and until a new record comes along that has the impact MBDTF had here, it should stay these 7.

t. 10 year oldfag, possibly on the spectrum

Stop posting this it doesn't have OKC

I don't agree with ITAOTS, MBDTF or MPP

>see Grimes is shit

Somebody hasn't listened to Art Angels yet apparently

literally every album ever created is mucore

God I hate mucore xD

Agreed 1000% with this list

Then you're a fucking newfag

>The ones everyone agrees on
If that's the criteria than probably nothing, right?

I always understood Sup Forumscore as just a somewhat broad range of music one could look into when they want to start expanding their tastes but don't know where to start. Although it's pretty confined to certain genres, but much of it is fairly outside what the average person listens to so I think it still serves the purpose I outlined.

Any "longtime" Sup Forumstants actually arguing about Sup Forumscore is guaranteed to be either shitposting or autism. As I said, the point is to help new people find new music. If you're an "oldfag" arguing about it you're missing the point.

>jazz
didn't all jazz fans get eternally btfo about two weeks ago tho :^?

No you're missing the point. the point of Sup Forumscore is it's a meme that when someone new comes to Sup Forums they listen to those 7 albums and they're caught up.

>not liking literal memes makes you a newfag
k, didn't know I was on Sup Forums. I've got nothing against memes but taking them even this seriously is sad

>DUDE HAHA FANTANO AEROPLANES FISH HEADS XD

Have A Nice Life is more Sup Forums core than The Velvet Underground.

Of course the most reddit comment is overlooked on Sup Forumsddit

you're not a newfag for not liking those albums, you're a newfag for not even knowing the point of Sup Forumscore

I wasn't the guy you replied to.

...Actually, I looked back at those posts, I misunderstood what you meant and I agree with you.

You're a newfag because you weren't here when MBDTF and MPP came out because you have no fucking idea why those are Sup Forumscore

Someone once gave me this chart, it's alright

That's the one. All seven tier 1 are proper. I'm gonna save this one. I hate people making their own and it gets spread and then newfags think the fake one is real

Why the fuck is there a 60's prog rock album on that list?

tlop should be on there as well

Pablo can't even touch Yeezus' impact on board culture, nevermind MBDTF's.

I'd like to add a word of advice for some of the newer people: Sup Forums essentials charts aren't "good music" charts, it's just a huge lists of albums that are popular here and have merit and creativity. Listen to a bunch of different stuff, see what you like, and don't feel like a pleb just because you don't like 100% of the list. For example, I can't stand MBDTF and MPP despite how much Sup Forums loves those albums, yet Sup Forums also introduced me to AJJ, Venetian Snares, The Microphones, and a bunch of other bands that I really enjoy.

tl;dr don't waste your time listening to everything and thinking "finally, now I have good taste in music!" We see the same problem on /lit/ with pseuds wasting their time reading Ulysses and Infinite Jest just because they think it will make them smart.

That being said most of the music on that chart and albums that get memed around are actually pretty good.

True, but personal tastes can make objectively good albums unenjoyable.

I don't disagree. A lot of albums I initially dismissed as hipster trash in my newfag days I really came to appreciate years down the line however.

This, it took me 3 or 4 listens before I could even tolerate Loveless, and now I love it. I also hated The Glow Pt. 2 on my first listen, now it's one of my favorite albums.
Basically if people are just patient and not afraid to experiment there's a lot to gain from the usual Sup Forumscore.

I feel exactly the same about Loveless. The thing about the Sup Forumscore chart is that it's challenging to someone used to pop and buttrock all their life. It starts you on your journey so to speak.

>hospice is still in there

gave me a chuckle/10

>Grimes - Art Angels
Indeed. This album was really posted.

>See Grimes is shit
Your shitty subjective opinion doesn't matter. Deal wit it, h8r.

When was that last updated?

This gives me chuckles.

I see Goldie timeless. Glad to see that album still is amazing.

>objectively good albums

You are wrong

I mean, by liking that record you just clearly show how inept your opinion is and yet I'll still give your opinion merit. Just like you should give mine.
Which is why I'm curious as to albums that everyone agrees upon.
Not just the one worthless waifus virgins do

No Tylo Be Chillin DA FUG MANG

scatsoupfortwo.bandcamp.com/track/faggot-was-a-better-rapper-than-this-cumbakfaget

you don't get Sup Forums-core. the new avalanches and anco came out just last year like damn nigga slow your roll

I'm not sure a new album can ever become Sup Forumscore again. Traffic is so much lower than years past and the culture is less vibrant because of it. Sup Forums isn't the only board to experience this. I wish newfags could experience this place when MBDTF dropped. It was like Sup Forums during election night.

replace hospice with the glow pt 2

Hospice used to be talked about every day. Whatever happened to that album's fandom anyway?

where's Art Angels?

Blackstar was certified mucore within months of its release.

Referring to the OP that ran the record store?

This. Glow Pt. 2 is better and more commonly discussed than Hospice nowadays.

They grew up

Pet Sounds should definitely be on there, endtroducing, too.

Hospice --> Pet Sounds, +1 if you agree

Y'all fighting for Sup Forumscore like you don't even get what it is. It's a classification which means that an album will never be actually discussed and only be memed to death and back. Literally everything in this thread is Sup Forumscore because it's barely a discussion about music.

Finally, a Sup Forumscore chart that doesn't list Swans. They are not nearly as popular here as so many charts would have you expect.

Are you serious? Swans are insanely popular on Sup Forums.

That's what I thought at first as well. It's not the case.

I feel like the swans fags are a highly vocal minority. like the death grips people

It's really just not popular enough to elicit significant opposition.

Cultural Marxist detected
Get the fuck out

You mean Hospice right?

4u

Ys would be more Sup Forumscore than HOOM. Swap Trout Mask Replica with TVU. close tho

>he thinks art is at least not completely objective
>i'll call him a cuck
good one. I guess there's some notion of the (((quality))) of an album that could be objective kind of, though even pinning down what that is exactly is difficult. But there are certainly albums I could say are "of quality" that I wouldn't necessarily say are "good".

I'm not saying "dude haha it's all personal tastes bro", that leads to a situation I hate where it's possible for a discussion to devolve into "well that's just muh opinion :^)" and people feeling that's ever a valid response. But I also don't want to be in a situation where it's valid to say "it's good I just don't like it" which is retarded in so many ways. So if I don't like something, I need to be able to say "it may have quality production and clearly has thought put into the composition, but that isn't enough for it to be (((good)))"

you too?