What is the best media player? I currently have pic related, but I want something better

What is the best media player? I currently have pic related, but I want something better

nothing better than vlc strictly speaking, just as a video player

kodi has more features tho and lots of streaming options

Some people say MPC-HC is better, but I haven't really noticed a difference. Apparently it automatically corrects for PAL sources if you install another program, but I have my suspicions. I should do a test.

Yes, it's good and I have no complaints other than when I want to watch something with 7.1 audio. Why can't it support this?

VLC is decent for streaming.
If you go for actual quality with a small theater room via projector you probably want something better like MPC-HC.
If you just want to watch anime while you play videogames you weaboo loser then keep using vlc.

Does this play bluray movies well? It's said it's "lightweight"?

Blu-Ray rips/anything approaching HD doesn't play for me at all using VLC. Like, not at all

Seamless in MPC though, make of that what you will

MPC Black Edition which also lets you use hardware acceleration.

I like my PotPlayer

MPC is god-tier but I still use VLC for speedwatching, That annoys me

VLC plays blurays and full hd, it just doesn't play 7.1 audio for some reason. I don't know why, and it's annoying.

what about VLC do you not like?

Bomi if you want MPV with a gui

This right here is what I don't like.

Do you have a beefy video card?

If you do, use MPC-HC and install KCP. Otherwise keep on keeping on.

Geforce gtx 960M. It's supposed to be decent.
>KCP
What's this, and why?

any good player for linux?

Cyberlink PowerDVD Pro 16

if you have a roku you can also cast stuff from your computer to your tv wirelessly

it's easy to pirate

Kawaii Codec Pack

some sort of hardware-acceleration thing, idk

I have found that VLC doesn't work so well with newer torrents, I don't know why, I`m using now GOM player and is great, nice quality and handles well big sized files.

>unironically using that malware bundled GOY player

Music
>Foobar2k
Videos
>PotPlayer
Images
>Irfanview
Backdoor slut
>Your mother

i use potplayer cause vlc wouldnt play those fucking autistic mkv files