This film is literally a succession of master paintings prove me wrong

This film is literally a succession of master paintings prove me wrong.

>you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLwmlMezS3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The imagery is quite nice; the succession itself is not.

Snyder takes inspiration from the Renaissance art but elevates it to dynamic moving imagery in an entertaining way. It's like looking at a live-action Michelangelo painting.

He sacrifices subtleness to give his images a grandiose and mythic scale.

?

But the thing that was subtle about that sequence is that it was the day of the dead in mexico. You know, the day where people celebrate the gods and death and stuff? Treating SMan as a god on the day of the dead is slightly more subtle than just treating him as a god. Bravo Snyder, you win this one

27%.

Martha.

Enough Said.

I don't need to prove you wrong.

I just need to KNOW you're wrong.

Its one of the most anti art films since the avengers 1

>memes

Sure, pal.

It is always the day of the dead in mexico. In movies at least.

>implying fags like Michelangelo and Da Vinci can compete with based Snyder as a master artist

lol

>mentioning them in the same sentence as based Snyder
cuck

"The Bathroom Sink", by Zack Snyder

Kek

the best cape kino we've been given since The Dark Knight

I've never watched superhero movies (literally none at all), but I've always made an exception for Batman movies, so I torrented this PIECE OF SHIT ('extended edition' I guess). Is this what these modern blockbuster superhero movies are all like? (the Iron Mans and Transformers, etc.)

It came across more like an episode from the middle of some TV series I haven't been watching, with characters and plotlines being introduced and referenced randomly, and yet it seemed like the audience was supposed to care about any of it? (Also came across as a feature-length Fiat-Chrysler commercial).

This movie was so bad and stupid I really don't know where to begin to pick it apart, but first and foremost WTF was Batman doing in this movie?

People who saw this on IMAX, how much of it was actually shot on 70mm?

Wow nice blog post bro, how many wipes did your last shit take?

Don't worry, Snyders work goes over a lot of plebs heads.

if i wanted to watch moving art i'd go to a gallery and walk around.

This movie had nice visuals but the most retarded and fragmented story ive seen since warcraft and many other capeshit esqe shows and movies.

Motivations didnt make sense.

Lex was a cringely little faggot who tried to channel something and it was terrible also miscast.

Louis lane was a literal damsel in distress and was fucking distracting and annoying the entire movie.

THEN after the lamest fight scenes ive ever seen they literally kill the movie and lament about it for 30 minutes of college tier home movie babbies first deep symbolism episide.

One of the most lopsided and broken movies ive ever seen.

Visuals only does not a good movie make.

On the upside batfleck was great everyone else was terrible even henry baldville couldnt save the terrible script

This emphaisises the disjointed nature of modern society. As one man explodes, the others ignore him. They are all blind with their own pain and do not aknowledge the sufferings of their fellow man.

Such mastery in composition, lighting and meaning.

Bravo Snyder.

JAJA SNYDER ES KINO

no one ever denied snyder can do good cinematography or shots. The problem is the entirety of the script is shit, from the reason why Batman wants to fight Superman, to why he suddenly doesn't anymore, to Luthor's entire plan, to Wonder Woman showing up for no reason.

Good visuals work in service of a good script. If it's a shit script ripping off some classical paintings isn't going to save it

Dont forget fucking aquaman and batfleck having a weak as shit disjointed origin story generic as fuck.

ffs the nolan batman films wherent even 10 years old and we get this crap excuse

Editing

A good shot involves something being communicated to the audience.

Snyder usually leaves his audience, bored, confused and listless.

what is a master painting?

say it with me...K...I...N...O...

KINO

when you pause BvS

Except Snyder's shots are pretty much always filled with visual information that is there to inform the story, themes and characters.

Audiences want characters mouthing off exposition and explaining in stringent detail their every feeling and motivation.

If you want the latter, the works of Chris Nolan might be more worth your time.

The worst thing about this movie is that Affleck is totally fine as Batman, and he makes a great pairing with Irons as "Alfred" (a very different and interesting take on that character). They could have made a perfectly fine stand-alone Batman movie.

Oh man, I LOVE pretending to be retarded.

thats happening, with Affleck directing.

The shallow repurposing of what im sure synder thinks of as "famous paintings" is laughable.

The whole thing looks and feels like a buzzfeed list of easter eggs, and in the end just highlights the unintentional comedy. Its painful and exhausting.

>Audiences want characters mouthing off exposition and explaining in stringent detail their every feeling and motivation.
are you implying that Snyder's capeshit films don't do this? Luthor spends 15 minutes explaining why he hates Superman and wants to expose him in BvS

there's even less subtlety in Snyder's work, because he combines the exposition with over-the-top parallels through imagery. We get it, Superman is like Jesus, we don't need 20 shots mimicking Renaissance art to get that across.

They've already hobbled themselves by introducing all this supernatural nonsense into the Afflek Batman universe, and glossing over Batman's origin in the most generic way possible.

>claims Luthor spends 15 minutes explaining his motivation
>pleb audiences don't understand Lex's motivations

what did he mean by this

Ultimate cut was decent but still mediocre at best. Shame, I was really looking forward to it.

what does this shot communicate?

Are there any paintings of a skinny jew opening her e-mail and watching a few webms?

Well there is a picture of a bunch of drunk Cossacks writing an insulting letter to the sultan.
Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!
O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.
You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!
So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

The internal combustion of the soul

>Turkish

KINO

>Is this what these modern blockbuster superhero movies are all like? (the Iron Mans and Transformers, etc.)

no

i liked it, but the way batman was forced into the fight was retarded, hes a fucking genius and wont listen to what Superman have to say? And then suddenly stop and do 180% when he hears superman mama is in danger. Also who the fuck was that bitch with a sword and shield, i would totally hate fuck her

He's a genuine pop artist

Does the woman who played Wonder Woman even speak English? It wasn't just her accent, but the cadence seemed so off and unnatural it's like she memorized her lines phonetically.

Not so fluently

damn nigga if u worked with the framing and perspective a bit and shit this would be legit art

Armond White is one of the few critics who understands Snyder's work, which is why he consistently gives his films top scores.

reminder that the only people who trash Snyder's work are feminists and SJW's. Pic related.

why? he makes movies for numale redditors

numale redditors are the ones who hate his work.

what are you talking about, Sup Forums? they fucking love his pleb trash

absolutely love it

It WAS incoherent.

woah

You know nothing of Renaissance art.

Neck yourself immediately.

The modern day of the dead has nothing to do with gods, its practically secular except that its tinged by the quasi spiritual belief that relatives can speak to the dead.

Audiences don't understand his motivations because they can't relate to them, and they can't relate to them because they're completely absurd. Luthor's motivations are frankly a disgrace to the very idea of adult cape movies.They make no sense to rational, intelligent adults because no human being in history, even if he's a psychopath, has ever woken up in the morning and decided to prove that power can never be innocent. What sort of asinine motivation is that? And even if that particular motivation must be used, it must also be framed in the proper context. What caused Lex Luthor's psychopathy? Why is he trying to delegitimise and kill Superman? Bruce Wayne has more plausible reasons to do the things he does in BvS, and he's not even the antagonist.

General Zod was a much better villain than Lex Luthor for the sole reason that his motivations made actual sense to human beings. Ironically, it's Lex Luthor, a human villain, who does not seem to think like a human. Colonel Zemo in Civil War is another example of a villain who thinks like a human and therefore finds resonance with audiences.

"The Abomination", by Zack Snyder after Peter Jackson

There's like forty glorious shots in it, I can't even deny that, it's just a bit of a meh movie at times

It's like you didn't even watch the movie and just read a portion of the Lex article on Man of Steel Answers.

I watched it twice, theatrical and extended, and yes I read a portion of the Lex article. He's still a rubbish villain.

Snyder is a fantastic cinemetographer. He has an awesome way with framing, color, and composition.

Doesn't stop this movie from being an over-bloated, pretentious turd.

that batman (nolan) sucked

Then your confusion over why Lex hates Superman makes even less sense than I thought.

>I figured out long ago that if God is all-powerful, he cannot be all good, and if he is all good, he cannout be all-powerful

I never got this.
Lex had proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Superman is NOT, in fact, all powerful, so wouldn't that mean that he had proven to himself that Superman IS all good?

meant for

Explain, please.

Criterion bluray when?

What? His purpose of that line is to express how Superman is vulnerable and not godlike because he chooses to be "all-good". He then proves that vulnerability by forcing Superman to go confront Batman.

Lex can't accept the idea of Superman since his feats challenge Lex's ideas of power, specifically that power is knowledge. But here Lex is, who sees himself as a genius and paragon of humanity, that simply can"t even hope to compare with Superman's "power". Him taking down Superman is a way for him to force his worldview back into making sense.

BvS i kino

The dangers of eating taco bell.

Holy shit, I tried. Stop pretending like everything fit in the glove for this one. Just saw the extended cut and I have to agree with what I've been hearing all along. The movie has flaws, lots of them. All that's fresh in the head in a nutshell:
+ I like Henry as Superman, still say he's a great cast.
- The girl doesn't look anything like WW
+ Ben was fun to watch.
- (a big fucking minus) Is Lex. The casting is horrible, I knew this would shit the movie, from the instance it was announced, but holy shit, what did I just watch? This kid has nothing to do with the character of Luthor. Why make him into an edgy teen, shit villain like the joker. Good thing I know what his motivation is, not from this movie, but the performance was so dry. This would've been my biggest problem with the movie but it's actually -
- The scrip. There's tons of source material and they came up with this? Holy shit that's either lazy or ignorant. Almost every decision any character made felt extremely forced, nonsensical and in favor of the next big thing that's gotta jump on screen as fast as it can. The story literally makes a fool out of every major character this flick.
- Don't say it at least looks good, because it doesn't. Snyder usually preforms well with capturing important motion on screen (prob because he uses artwork for most of his scenes), but holy shit this did it for me. I gave a pass on MoS, but all these shitty filters took me out of this one. Most of the scenes were engaging -yes, but draining their colour makes them bland and tiring to look at, not to mention forgettable.I shit you not, even the scene were some cannons shoot red smoke at a bright blue sky look digestible when it's been drained from it's colours. And I don't even want to remember the CGI shitstorm at the end.
- Oh, and for fuck's sake Jena was in the movie for like a minute.
Hell, I had expectation for the movie. What a waste and it could've been good with a tighter and not so rushed script and performances

me too, but I don't play vidya nor read comics

youtube.com/watch?v=SLwmlMezS3U