>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLi-jRXfbhY
reverb.com/item/4598153-gibson-les-paul-studio-2016
youtu.be/mtmJAZff1Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=2qS3tHL6AV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/gg/, i want to learn guitar but my budget is only $2,000 dollars... what do?

Buy 8,000 gumballs instead

youtu.be/NLi-jRXfbhY
why a wraparound bridge feels slinkier than a tuneomatic+stopbar if it doesnt have that extra string length

Thanks.

Still looking for the other dude who posts pic related, what kind of camera are you using? You're one of the only people in these threads who posts respectable pics of your gear.

Wraparound or Topwrapped TOM

I'm going to post the rest of the set I've collected because they look so good. I would really love to know what kind of camera this is.

I admire this wooden control plate, pointless as it may be.

what the fuck man
haven't been to a /gg/ in weeks and the first thing I see is someone posting all my stuff
which is flattering but kinda creepy

the camera is just a canon 6d with a sigma 50/1.4 or canon 35/2

Any reason I shouldn't get this?

reverb.com/item/4598153-gibson-les-paul-studio-2016

search more if you want a used lp studio. my main guitar right now is a 94 lp studio, the year where they released them with ebony fretboards stock. it was 500 dollars. paying over a grand for a used studio is a little too much.

Welp. Beginning to paint this neck.

How do you recommend searching? The idea of getting a lp for 500 bucks is pretty sweet.

frequent music stores and think outside the box. the 94 lp studio had a chambered body which is bad for gibson purists. on top of that its relatively beat up, but its a studio, you're already bailing on the binding and finish as it is. it plays like a dream however and has dat ebony

theres actually a guy here that saves everything and then pretends its his.

Sounds like a sweet find. There's places around where I live, hopefully I can find something. Got any pics?

I was kinda thinking the same thing. All this just so he could know what camera you're using. For what? Is he going to go out and buy it?

Are there any good free resources for improving strumming technique? Justinguitar has a paid dvd, but I can't find a download anywhere, and I'm not sure who else has good lessons that are specifically about strumming.

Those Les Paul inlays are the color of my cum

What's up everyone?

Just wanted to come to my favorite thread to post this new jam I made. I'm still working on the full composition, but this is just the solo teaser I guess. Hope you like it.

youtu.be/mtmJAZff1Gw

The style is like jazz fusion with some rock and roll influences.

see a urologist... or a luthier

I think they call it lemon pearl or something like that.
at first I hated the overall look of it with the creme bindings and the fucking orange PU switch along with these inlays but when I lost the switch cap I re-bought the original orange one because I figured I actually like the look of that guitar as it is

Been thinking about running the strings over the tension bar on my Bigsby, the angle seems a bit extreme running under. What difference will it make?

>hair in your bridge

What should I practice in order to do techniques like Chon or Polyphia?

Do you guys watch Will?

i like dave more

Lots of tedious legato and alternate picked scale exercises to a metronome

Hi /gg/, assuming there's any TOOL fans lurking,
I picked up this Agile AL-2000 Silverburst in the vintage style. I don't have $3000 to throw into a 79 Silverburst, but I had $300 and it got me this thing.
Really a excellently crafted guitar.

I talked to Agile and confirmed that they use polyurethane finish on the 2000 series les pauls. So assuming the guitar is given a lot of UV exposure over like 20-30 years, the finish should start to yellow.

cont'd
This is what I meant by starting to yellow.

so you didnt buy it to match with your cat?

no he's just an asshole that tried to ruin the photo

whoa that's actually kind of cool

I have finally been convinced that tone is in the fingers. Saw some play with a Squire strat into the crappiest amp and he sounded good doing it.

ok

my friend tells me that the MIM and MIA fenders are exactly the same

they're not, but do the differences justify the price?

One is made by mexicans and the other is made by mexicans

currently have a ~5 year old fender mexican jazz
have never made any adjustments to it besides changing the strings
realize recently that my action is way too high and that the truss could use some adjustment
decide to adjust truss by two 1/4 turns done with an half hour rest in between
it already seems to play much better, but i'm worried that more adjustments from here may bust my truss
anyone have experience with large adjustments like this? should i just bring it to my local guitar shop

The action on my shitty bass is shitty. Is there anyway I can improve it?

Lessons

Okay

the parts are different tho

tfw you have a dream guitar on layaway but you can't gather the money for it because you can't sell the guitar you're trying to get rid of on any platform

Touch and feel bro. I don't think there is a universal answer to this.

what are you trying to sell?

Nothing beats a Chapman guitar

this impulse-bought piece of shit. sounded good when testing, and it was a cheap price in the store so i figured if i didn't like it i could just sell it for profit. but i took it home and it sounded like ass through my rig

Sell blood and semen, go pick up aluminum cans off the street, rip the copper pipes out of house walls then scrap it all for cash.

it's steel and wood, not a china plate. adjust the goddamn thing until it's right

>just got a jazzmaster
>everyone says they're bright as fuck
>whatever, I'll turn the tone down
>most guitars sound good around 7-8
>have to turn the jazzmaster to fucking 4
>it's still pretty bright
>turning it down further makes it sound like I threw a blanket on my amp

Yeah. Any suggestions for tone capacitors? I'm going to be replacing the one in there.

My tele copy has a Gudeman PIO .47 100vdc and it works great. Can't find any to buy though.

Replace the pots with 500k, that'll fix it

What is that user? I like it.

Pretty sure it's already a 500k pot.

2011 fender pawn shop 72' made in japan. plays really well but humbuckers just don't sound good through my amp, way too muddy

Time for new pickups maybe?

500k usually is brighter. 250k pots with higher out put pickups usually mellow the treble out.

Buy a strat like a normal person, you fucking special snowflake

oh i don't even want it anymore

thought the exact same thing lol

My god dude, that guitar is just beautiful. Wow.

Why would I when I don't use the middle pickup? I buy guitars that have features I want and need, not to fit in with what's "cool".

hey guys I'm really shit at guitar and don't have a good ear to identify what chords are being used and things like that but I really want to learn how to play the swans version of Love Will Tear Us Apart, could anyone identify what chords they're using?

youtube.com/watch?v=2qS3tHL6AV4

Trade it on craigslist for something else, always try it out first.

fag

>His amp sound shit if he doesnt turn de 72 uqadrifucktillion knob to the 3 position where ots sound somewhat okay and literraly like everyone else

kys

I'll take a look at that then. Thanks.

one of the jazzmaster's features is being bright sounding, and you obviously don't need that

lmfao

I want the sweet spot around 6 so I have room on both sides. It's asinine to have a guitar that can only sound one way.

God I hate this place.

It can also be the bite of the maple fretboard that you're not use to if you're coming from a rosewood fretboard.

but rosewood has a certain warmth to it. Maple is too thin sounding

Nah, I mostly play maple. I just got the function of the caps mixed up. You're right that it's the pot that needs changing.

lol. le tonewood meme.

if you believe in this shit then all your guitars should have ebony fingerboard

>Maple is too thin sounding
I have 4 maple fretboard guitars and I wouldnt consider maple thin sounding, depending on the guitar and pickups maple can have a more pronounced bite or twang then rosewood

>tfw taking Kratom and listening to Sunn O)))

What do you guys think of this 80's Kramer with a BC Rich neck and maple fretboard?

good if >100 And you dont ever plan on being able to sell it back to anyone

anyone have experience with jackon pro series dinky guitars? the regular dinky's are trash from what i've tried at stores, but I have an RR24 X series and I love it.

I saw it on ebay, the guy is asking $850 and claims it was done in the 80's

I just thought it looks cool AS FUCK. But I wouldn't buy it.

So pretty. What pickups are you thinking about? Me I've been thinking of an HH with vintage split in the bridge and dream 180 in the neck.

You can get a new kramer baretta for $135

tried 3-4 of them yesterday.
Ended up buying a soloist in alien burst. I would recommend you to do the same for that little more money

the head is more bent than mine

Why don't they have a tone control? How does that work? If you just don't wire a tone control to a pickup does it automatically produce a full-tone output?

They might have a cap inside. but more likely, it's just like having tone set to 10 all the time.

why tf you you need more wireing and tone loss in your guitar ?
Unless you play jazz just dont buy something with a tone knob

Adjust the bridge. Also, you know what it feels like when you adjust the truss rod already... if you turn the rod and you start to feel more resistance than you did the rest of the time, stop. It will get to a point where it's at full adjust and it won't go farther. Dont force it past that point. But you probably won't need to get close to that point

this. unless the knob is truebypass when at 10 like pic related, I just dont bother anymore with tone knob

>I buy guitars that have features I want and need, not to fit in with what's "cool".
> buys jazzmaster knowing it sounds bright and also knows he doesn't want it to sound that bright but still buys it anyway
> it's a meme guitar too
> I'm not special snowflake tho
Special fucking snowflake detected

it's the first light coat dumbass

The one vol is a throw back to the 80's and using the volume knob for dynamics with a one channel amp. From full on crunch and lowing the volume for your "cleans". It does have a cap on the volume pot. A lot of people never use the tone knobs. People sometime just wire the humbucker straight to the jack for max power

>graduating from college in 3 months
>haven't looked for a job yet
>have shit lib arts degree anyway
>thinking about doing peace corps for 1-2 yrs
>playing guitar is only thing i love in this world
>might not be appropriate to bring guitar with me to some 3rd world country
>really don't want to put making music on pause for 2 years even though it's just a hobby
Am i being retarded here?
Now that i type it out i think yes

If he bought it online, he could use the 60days return...
But he fell for the music store meme