Sup Forums I am already an hour and 10 minutes late for work, should I just call in? Or should I go...

Sup Forums I am already an hour and 10 minutes late for work, should I just call in? Or should I go? I work at a call center :(

>call in
>call center
>C A L L C E N T E R

better to show up late than not at all faggot

is what i would say if you weren't at a
>call center
so instead just quit and do literally anything else

I can't just quit without obtaining a new job first :( I would get screwed fast

Haha

desperate situations need desperate solutions.

jump in front of a car.

call in you moron. tell them you ate thai curry last night, got the screaming monkey shits, and passed out.

tell dem lies

like . uww my mom died

Go in, people hate no shows more than they do people who show up late.

analyze the situation

if you depend on this job to survive, go in.
if its just for extra money, call in.

call centers will suck your soul dry if you work there long enough. whatever you chose, start looking for another job

I have decided I'm heading in

male or female supervisor?

if female, say your mom fell down and you had to check on her.

if male, say you were with a prostitute and she wouldn't get the fuck out of the house

Call. Say lines were busy

call centre fag here, just call in, mine is an automated system, i dont talk to a person.

they dont give a fuck about you as long as the facility has a certain number of people to handle calls

everyone knows it

do you work on a rota/shifts? maybe do nothing and act like you didn't think you should be in.

sounds like you hate the job. what kind of contract is it? permanent/ft/pt/temp/what hours etc?

>late again this fucking subhuman

20-24 years 20s 25-29 years 30.34 Years 30-34 years 30-35 30-35 year old 30-35 year-old 30-35 year olds 30-35 year-olds 30-35 years 30-35 years 30-35-years 30-35years 30-35 years. 30-35 Years Old 30-35 yrs 30s 30 to 35 30 to 35 years 30 to 35 years old 35 39 Years 35-39 years 35 - 40 35 40 35 - 40 Years 35 40 years 35 to 40 35 to 40 years 35 to 40 years old 35 to 45 y.o. 35 years 618- adult adults only African ethnicity black black (people) brunette business businessman business people businesswoman colored hair color image color photography color picture communication computer computer monitor comunication comunications dark hair day desktop PC device diversity divided document electronics enjoying ethnic express expressive facial expression file giving group hair color happy head and shoulders Hispanic holding human image indoors inside land line phone landline telephone laughing leaning male man mathematics mature adult mid adult Millennials mixed race people model release motion moving multi-ethnic necktie office worker optimism people person personal computer photograph photography picture professional property release series setting shaved head shirt smiling square stage stock photograph stock picture talking technology teeth Telecommunications Equipment telephone tie top touching two two (quantity) white collar woman workplace young adult young women

Every place I have worked at has a 'no call, no show = no job' policy. It's quite possible your problem has already taken care of itself.

youve never worked anywhere where employment law applies then

„hellu mr mcmaggins i am soooo late“

how is this useful?

Calling-in is usually reserved for responsible people who are courteous enough to inform their employer that they are going to be late BEFORE THEIR SHIFT STARTS.

People usually assume that you're a no-show if you're over fifteen minutes late.

Depending on how vital your position is, your employer will most likely want you to work your scheduled shift even if you're over one or two hours late.

have you already called in late

Hey, maybe you'll get fired, and then you won't have to worry about quitting!

You obviously don't want to be there and hate the job. Find something else.

yea a big enough place will give you a talking to if you drop below a certain threshold and if theyre doing a round of layoffs (rare for call centers) they'd probably check your attendance but it really only matters as much as it does

you're fired David.

So lets say he gets fired anyways. How good of a lawyer will a lazy call center employee with a poor work ethic that can probably be traced back to previous jobs get?

Go in.

I worked at a call center and my job was to find replacement for you assholes who didn't show up for work. What's worse was I worked Saturday and Sunday mornings which meant you guys were hung-over and too shitfaced to go to work. So I had to call everyone on the list to try to get someone to cover for you. I swear I had to call 5-10 people to cover one person.

thers a guy at my work, who im pretty sure is on drugs, calls in late/sick constantly, he was give nine last chance warnings, and they still keep him, when he does work hes a very pleasant person to deal with over the phone and has received numerous comments from customers for his courtesy

Are you talking about me?

Where do you live that an employer can't just fire you?

I'm and I can vouch for that. It's so hard to get people to sit on the phones listening to customers gripe and still talk to them nicely that they will bend over backwards for someone decent on the phones.

trade union. they will cover the tribunal fees.

britfag.

we have some of the shittiest employment law, but still, people here are talking about user being sacked already because he was late. it depends on his contract, but he won't have been sacked. you can only be 'instantly dismissed' if you do something illegal at work.