Anyone here learning persianfa/farsi/iranian?

Anyone here learning persianfa/farsi/iranian?

Other urls found in this thread:

jahanshiri.ir/fa/en/vocab-family
dropbox.com/sh/fe6umhr6rvw7pn2/AACM15bieW1xO1LZiJ28Qh_Qa?dl=0
radio.garden/live/tehran
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I speak it, why?

I am learning it yes. What's up.

I have some questions

I've realized that often they dont put the mark to express wether it is for example BE , BA or BO

but how can they know it?

just out of memory?

i was
do you know of any youtube resources

i use this webpage

jahanshiri.ir/fa/en/vocab-family

but not youtube

Most (beginner) study materials will show these marks, which helps. After that, familiarity and context. Imagine cutting out the vowels in English words.

Hw r y gng t gss wht's hr?
(How are you going to guess what's here?)
Some of these things could be multiple words too, but it becomes clear in context.

Anyone here learning a useless language ?

No, I think most people know to study Arabic if they want to learn the modern French vernacular.

i've been studying it for 2 days

and now i am able to write in arabic alphabet the 90% of words i read on latin transcription

am i going well?

which is the next step?

iran will be very important in the future

btw how long does it take to know when a word is written with /se/ or /shin/ or /te/ or /ta/

?

Get Pimsleur from here
dropbox.com/sh/fe6umhr6rvw7pn2/AACM15bieW1xO1LZiJ28Qh_Qa?dl=0
Practice. Get a robust vocabulary. Try to read things in it (BBC persian, anything really). Watch movies. Immerse yourself with it. Listen to radio.garden's iranian radio stations: radio.garden/live/tehran
Shitpost in /mena/ to the annoyance of everyone because 95% of the people there are arabic speakers, not farsi.
Go on a vacation to Iran for a few weeks. After another year, move there and open a spanish foodstore. When possible, apply for Iranian citizenship, and convert to Shia Islam. Marry an Iranian pure qt. Get Iranian kids. Die happily.

I think you mean when it's written with /se/ or /sin/, not /se/ or /shin/, because those are actually different sounds. As far as I know, it has to do with the root of the words, as those letters had distinct pronunciations in the original arabic and not so in farsi. So you just gotta learn them.

am i meant to think on aarab alphabet or think on latin and then write it down on arab letters?

when words end on E

like "" rape"

how do I know wether I have to put in the end

or
ه

Rape is probably a bad example, sinc the e is silent (well, technically it makes the a long, I guess, but still) Sadly, my book doesn't elaborate on when to use which, so it's a matter of memorizing I guess

Not quite sure what you mean here

siyâh

in this word we have 2 Y/I

why does it just write one ?

سیاه

i just see 1 i written in that word

As far as I know, that's just a property of /ye/, like how the y in bye is more "ai" than just "i". If it were just the i in siyah, you'd end up with si-ah, which sounds more like two words to me.

Also, note that I've been learning for only a month or so now.

how can I know the pronunciation of words

like wether it is

parVAne
parvaNE
or
PARvane

(i know this case is parVAne but i want to know the rule)

I recall reading something about how stress is on the last syllable usually, so when in doubt, put it there. For the rest, learn it. Isn't it irregular in spanish too anyway?

yes but in spanish we have accents

camión is camiON

while

camion is caMIon

and

cámion is CAmion

Well, we don't have those in English, or Dutch, or Persian.

Gl hf, I'm out

Correct pronounciation is parvaNE, syllable stress in Persian is on the last word.

baCHE

mazandaRAN

qahraMAN

torSHI

As for the writing, I do agree that Arabic script doesn't work too well with Persian, but it's not something that will be changed anytime soon, sadly.

You'll have to pretty much memorize the vowels of any written word.

As for the /te/ /tah/ and /ze/ /zal/ /zad/ difference, you can use either one in writing and most people won't care, since in Persian they are pronounced exactly the same.