Hey b/

Hey b/
About to invest a bit more into a gaming rig, and got this set up recommended for my first build.
How does this look?

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech
pcpartpicker.com/list/7y4Hpb
pcpartpicker.com/list/7y4Hpb/by_merchant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good, even though 16GB of Ram seems a bit too much, but Ram is cheap YOLO

I can see your keeping yourself to a budget but I would highly recommend getting an SSD and it will cut your game/windows load times significantly

get a 1080 instead of a 1060

i mean ive always played a little but couldn't run most games on my laptop,

done a little research on each of the parts; and they seem to be capable with most games.

Any experience with these specs or any advice?
Also feel free to post your own rig

Lol 16 is average as fuck and the recommended spec for all new big games. I would go with 32 but it's too much for average user and 16 is just enough for gamers

I5 6300, GTX 960M (laptop version, less powerful than a normal 960), 8GB of RAM. I run almost everything in ultra 60 fps. But, i never tried indie games with no optimization like Space engineers etc... so i dont guarantee anything for this type of games.

Please link me to any game that recommends 16GB.
That's fucking ridiculous.

Dumb fucking retard.

battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech

>717707560
how much did that cost? and can you run an open world on 8 gb ram?

thanks for the advice,
how much time are we talking, i feel like a ssd is really expensive

tnx for the tip

I think Sup Forums has the answers you seek

holyshit! the 1080 costs 3X the 1060

tnx, i knew there was a more suitable board, but were afraid to try v/ as it would probably result in a storm of shitp.

Power supply is overkill for that setup, unless your building with possible upgrade in mind. Also if you can afford it is get a ssd first. You can even get a 128 or 240 ssd for boot and a that hdd for storage . and consider the HTC 1070. It's about 100-150 more but we'll worth it and puts you less likely to need to upgrade.

The performance gains are well worth the extra cores

It's a laptop, so it's more expensive than a normal PC, got this for 900€, with the 17"3 screen. I also have a 128GB ssd, the user who telled you to get one is right : everything is ready to go in 10 seconds, feels good man

That's supposed to be gtx 1070. Fucking auto-correct

i5 will work. if you can go for an i7
x16 gb is more then enough for gaming. dont need any more
and get a solid state drive and NOT a HDD. you will hate yourself for not going with a SSD for your main drive. it makes that big of a difference with loading times in games. When I play Fallout 4, I don't know what a loading screen is.

*told. damn my english is broken af

No cpu cooler

ok, how is that worth it? would not the 1060 run regular open world games upto 60 fps

>laptop, so it's more expensive than a normal PC
yeah, had a look at laptops, but since i allready have one i was thinking of a stationary,
>ssd
you would put windows on an ssd for start up? how big would you need

forgot to mention ist included in the Intel package with the cpu.
but thanks for the heads up anyway

Oh god dont use the stock cooler pls

Check the 1070. Yes not a 1080 but cheaper. You don't need the 1080 unless you want 4k VR at 60fps

I don't even use any cooler on my builds

Wait for the new Intel generation and the AMD Ryzen to hit the market, then the parts you picked will be a bit cheaper. Give it another month or two.

where is your ssd nigger

Your stationary will have better performance for cheaper then. The smallest SSDs are 128GB, that's more than enough for windows, you ll still have like 90GB for other games : just put the games with the longest loadings in there. If you think that you ll buy a lot of AAA with extra long loadings, then buy a 256GB SSD

you dont need that "pro" mainboard, wasted money. you cant even OC anything

get a normal h170-d3h from gigabyte or whatever brand you like

Looks good but I would get at least a 250gb ssd for your programs

Not true. You may save 10 bucks but new Intel's really suck. They are barely improvements over previous generation and prices have not been dropping

whats wrong with the stck cooler
tnx
how does that work, though some sort of cooling was mandatory
europoor.jpg

Here's my build from mid-late last year.

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/7y4Hpb
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/7y4Hpb/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($110.04 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($261.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($195.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($314.99 @ Jet)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($875.99 @ Jet)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($116.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.58 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2423.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-04 13:37 EST-0500

ya, the extra money on the new i5 is kinda dumb. either get an i7 for roughly the same money or save and get the 4960k. I'd go the latter, you can clock the shit out of it

I also have an intel 750 series 800gb u.2 nvme ssd

this is basically my pc and it's been a great starting rig for me, so you should be fine

He fries cpus doing this. Do it if you want to fuck your new CPU and mobo up

ok, so many recomending an ssd
thank you!
tnx

Also, cpu was easily overclocked to 4.8 ghz

I know they're not much of an improvement, but you could say similar things about the i6700k in comparison to the i4790k. There are people who will go for the newest gen even if the improvements aren't gigantic.
Plus, with improvements on their side, AMD might also find some new customers. Due to the fact that AMD always was a bit cheaper, a drop in the prices for Intel CPUs can be expected, even if it's not much.
All in all, paying 50 bucks less for a CPU might be reason enough to wait for somebody who has to be careful with their money.

so the cooler that comes with the cpu is not good?
there isn't much info on it, and i haven't really looked into what is a good fan and whats not.

a fan is a fan
at least to me

Not bad choices, but you're stuck for upgrades.

just for a standard gaming rig you're fine.

You don't need a 700w PSU though, you can't OC on that board, and you can't SLI the 1060 anyway, so if you want to save some cash go for a 600w.

16gig is pretty standard at the moment.

Yea 50 bucks would be worth it but I haven't seen Intel drop prices like that. And yes but even 2-3 generation Intel's still go for practically the same as new ones. It's sad that Intel has basically abandoned desktop processor advancements

tnx, how am i not able to upgrade?

so how do you calculate what psu you need, half of the specs doesn't even tell how much wattage they use

They can't really make any major improvements as we're hitting a limit of how much you can fit on the chips.
Would require a redesign of the architecture.

They work, barely. You should get a third Larry cooler. I use 212 evo. If your not overclocking that is plenty and works great. I use it on a i7. If you are overclocking you may need a water cooled system depending what you would oc to

Yea I know the limits of the architecture but that is something they have known for decades. They haven't been investing in the correct redesigning. They are working low poet mobile and have admitted to doing so. Anyone who says it's because they can't make things smaller is full of it. There are many ways to make things go faster besides making smaller

Well with that mobo, you have nowhere to go with your RAM, you couold buy more, but you can't get higher frequency ram, and you can't SLI on that board.

Only think you can upgrade performance wise would be your CPU and GPU, and there isn't much point in upgrading that CPU.

Might be worth just getting a Z170, or a Z170-a or something if you're planning on keeping that board for a long time.
Spending a little extra will save you money in the long run.

As for the power supply, I've run a similar setup on a 500w PSU so 600w is probably still overkill, but I always go at least 100w over just to keep it safe.

im on a tight budget, but i have one of these. would it suffice?

They overclocked an Intel i7 to 7ghz using that so Yea it's the best

kønt

Standard kjøler er faen meg mer enn godt nok med mindre du overclocker

>7ghz
Don't forget the fans you can plug in the usb ports

kek

thanks for this btw

det var det jeg hadde håpet på, må presse prisen vet

Honestly just wait for amd to release zen....It'll cause intel to go down on their prices.

switch to 2400mhz ram, the difference in price is minimal, switch the 6600 for a 6500 and with the money you save get a 120gb ssd for a boot drive

Heii! Det er akkurat lik bygg som jeg har laget, men jeg har et 960MSI, du burde kanskje kjøpe en oppgraderingspakke?

so this is a modified list

if you plan on overclocking get an unlocked cpu

ja, kansje. så ingen som hadde hele oppsettet

Dat PSU. Get something proper. Only thing I would change

No problem, Sup Forums trolling is one thing, buy PC is life. Not a time to fuck about!

B150m pro from asus can only take 2133Mhz RAM, no point buying 2400 if it can't even be used. But good shout on the 6500, barely any difference to the 6600 and it's cheaper, plus they have inbuilt boost clock, so the i5 6500 goes up to 3.6Ghz with virtually no temp change.

SSds are great, but not 100% needed if you're sticking to a budget, and you can always add one later. That being said, go for a 250gm over the 128, as the price increase is only about 20% so it's worth it.

Would recommend the Samsung 850 evo, (not the pro) Boot times are disgustingly fast for a standard SATA drive, could always go for an M.2 also.

Go for corsair or EVGA, they still do 500w PSUs that are decent.

aait
tnx

>battlefield
Ahahahahaha

how would a Pentium processor work?
anyone used one of tose?