All these online job applications are pissing me off Sup Forums...

All these online job applications are pissing me off Sup Forums. I'm willing to bet that my resume doesn't even get looked at by an actual hiring manager. What happened to applying at a place in person? "Sorry, you have to go to our website to apply." It's so dumb.

Any advice on how to get a good job besides networking?

manager here, i go through the ehire bullshit once a week, slim pickings, we look at resumes they kind of help. biggest things would be open availability, clean driving record. and it might seem obvious but no drug or sexual references in the email name you use, if you have to create a new email just for applications/work. we look at your facebook profile too.

Ok. I would pass all of those background checks, which I assume would make me an eligible candidate for a job. However, I don't have a Facebook. Is that considered a red flag?

we don't consider hiring if the person doesn't have social media

not having social media wouldnt prevent me from hiring someone, you also want to spell check everything, and if you get a follow up interview try to look presentable. what state/city are you looking for work in?

Why? What if somebody doesn't want to reveal their life on the internet where just about anyone can get information about them? I can understand a company wanting to learn about someone, and that's fine. But to me, although I don't consider it a form of discrimination, it's definitely an unnecessary disadvantage for people like me.

Ok, nevermind. I thought you said that you wouldn't at all hire someone without social media. I'm in Dallas, TX

this dude is probably full of shit, alot of companies dont even look at social media

work experience/ education?

Good thing to do is call in to the company and inquire about the position you want to apply for.
Ask to have certain things from the job ad detailed. For instance if the ad says to expect lots of traveling, ask to how much and to where or if it mentions a list of tasks to be worked on, ask which of them take priority.
Ask the right questions and the job interview almost starts with that initial phone call.

Customer service, manual labor, teaching and chaperoning children... but went to school for aviation. I really want an any type of aviation job, but the industry isn't that great these days.

Considered getting into the air-force?

try autozone. if terrell isnt too far, im on east coast but if theyre like us we cant get enough hub /commercial drivers pickers, etc

air force might be a good option for you as well

theres an autozone distribution center in terrell forgot to put that in there. lots of warehouse and driving jobs

Same

Air Force or Navy you tard.

I really don't want to join the military. I think it's great for a lot of people with a certain type of personality, but I'm not one of those people. I have a few military friends who did their time and although they are financially stable and appear well-structured on the outside, they don't seem to be happy on the inside.

What does "went to school for aviation" even mean? What's your actual degree?

Well, you're gonna be permanently under employed (working retail) if all you have is an undergrad degree in aviation. That's pretty much useless degree on its own without military experience or grad school

Also, it sucks that being an intelligent person doesn't guarantee you a job. There are a lot of people out their struggling to find work who are most likely better suited for jobs that are taken by people who get in for their looks or just by knowing someone. Not to mention the people we often ask ourselves "This person has that job? Really?"

What if you don't have any private social networking account? Will you be automatically untrustworthy?

Well they probably have something better than a Bachelor in Aviation.

I majored in aircraft operations and minored in air traffic control. Basically went to school to become a pilot. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Husband's an I dependent contractor and is looking to add people. Most people say no to Door to Door but he make almost 3k in 2.5 weeks pretty impressed doesn't matter where you live he will fly you, or supply bus ticket.. requirements pass drug test, no felonies and 18... We just hired a 16 yo recruited him off x box lol playing Titanfall. Legit job flew him in from ATL Georgia....

Auto correct made* almost 3k also you have to be a legal citizen ofc.

Depending on the job you need to get;
Show up to every company, store, business every day, and ask for the manager. Give them your application/resume, ask if they've looked yours over, etc.
This is your job now, and someone generally gives it to you to shut you up. But expect Wal-Mart, or McDonald's. Remember, nothing is beneath jobless, it's easier to find better work when you're working.
"Why did you leave your last job?"
"This interview."

Its always been about who you know not what you know.

welcome to earth