3x3 thread, post em and recommend films

3x3 thread, post em and recommend films

Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
mubi.com/lists/fs-7d6169ee-b3ea-4429-9a01-4a1b27c584a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's mid right?

I can tell you're a white male.

most people on Sup Forums is white young male, deal with it or log off the web site

R8 ya goys

Bumping this thread. Get in here

hello lads

you watched all haneke?

you seen lang's destiny?

Caché

OP here, seen Funny Games and Cache, that's it.

why not his other work?

i think you will really enjoy fragments and code unknown

I have never been able to figure out how these threads work.

Can you guys pls explain it to me

you pick 9 films you like, some people chose their all time fav, some the recents ones, then you make a chart, discuss the films featured on others people's charts and reccomand shit.

easiest way to make a chart is bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

pick your 9 favorite films, make a chart out of the stills on paint/photoshop or bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

post in here and the norm use to be that other anons would rate your chart as:

liked/seen

rating has kinda ceased but theres still discussion, imo i prefer to not rate is it causes some anons to feel better/worse than others etc

hope u get the gist

I'm the fuckin' worst

Far bottom right?

Blue is the Warmest Colour

Are there any other movies similar to The Master? Already saw all of PTA's films, but I'm looking for looking for films closest to this one. The closest was There will Be Blood imho.

some recent favorites

5/9 I love as well.

mccabe and mrs miller, el sur, badlands

i agree twbb is the closest but other than that nothing comes close

there are films that have similar themes and others that look similar but none with both

his newest film will probably be similar to it considering the date its set

nice

>badlands

Already saw this, agree it's pretty close when it comes to cinematography style. Music choice is different but that's just nitpicking. Will check out your other recommendations.

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to his latest film. From what I know so far, it sounds like it's going to be like Jame's Gray's The Immigrant, but with Phoenix's character as the protagonist.

that grid sure needs the long shot as the advisor cries out for Himiko atop the mountain during the funeral rites

man if i could make them myself i'd probably just make one for all stills of all of shinoda's films (unfortunately i cant make them :/ )

What's the bottom left movie? I've seen that scene in other charts

a matter of life and death

I want to watch Ozu and Bunuel and Mizoguchi and Bertolucci

Where do I start

for ozu, start with the noriko trilogy and good morning.

for mizoguchi, start with ugetsu and osaka elegy, then oharu and last chrysanthemums

for bunuel start with un chein andalou and the exterminating angel, then los olvidados and discreet charm

literally anywhere for all except bunuel

if i could i wouldve started with his early stuff and gone through it that way

i agree with this guy but i dont think it matters really just watch what you can get ur hands on

hey bruvs

If mid bot is double life of Veronique
I watched it the other day
It was a good watch, makes me want to watch more kieslowski

Chart didn't load

>the ghost carriage and amator
my dad would love you man
good taste
have you seen letters from a dead man?
hey

no, but its on my watchlist. just trying to find a good way to watch it

i feel like you'll like lopushansky's work, sorry i deleted my post it's just that i chose a wrong version of my chart
check out the clone returns home and peeping tom if you haven't

>makes me want to watch more kieslowski

Never watched any of his stuff, but planning to start with Double Life or Three Colors: Blue.

Here's mine. Would love some recommendations.

maborosi, as i was moving ahead occasionally i saw brief glimpses of beauty, casa de lava, alice (1988), pastoral, bullet ballet, inland empire, after life, air doll

16 year old, says 'movies are my life!'
18 year old, doesn't give a shit about movies but tries to puff himself up with these threads- d-d-don'tchya jist love vertov?
this faggot who apparently hasn't seen anything new in over a year
probably from Sup Forums
probably smokes cigarettes to look cool
way to cool for school SERIOUS CINEPHILE alert, probably owns a lot of unread philosophy books
good chart
bad chart
good chart
underage faggot

>this faggot who apparently hasn't seen anything new in over a year
you know, some people watch a lot of films each year, yet their favorites remain their favorites

If you liked Veronique but want something grittier watch A Short Film About Killing. It's great

>good chart
err thanks, do you have one?

wew laddy

i have prepared to create a new chart, i really didnt want to but they are so fun to make i couldnt resist

ffs man could you post the list again :/// i feel bad but ive been really busy this week and i did have the thread up last night but forgot again to go through the stuff

mubi.com/lists/fs-7d6169ee-b3ea-4429-9a01-4a1b27c584a0
no prob jda

thanks alot man, wont post in here for abit im gonna make a new chart :)))

i only liked badlands, will kind of sound like an asshole but do you have any interest in film as an art form? or is it just killing time to you
just curious

What's mid-right?

you're welcome
i want to see that chart man

It is somewhere in the middle between those two statements.

thanks, added the clone to my list as well. are you talking about powell's peeping tom?

>all those bleak blue films
>that garrel pick
Who hurt you?

Rosemary's Baby fuckin sucked.

:^(
yes, that one my dude
also have you watched any rivette?
if you haven't try Celine et Julie, bande des quatre and Out 1
k

please provide titles

so french new wave is proabably my least watched/knowledgeable of all the big movements. I think the issue is I've never really fell in love with any FNW movie, and all my favorite french movies (by Renoir, Tati, Vigo, Cluzeut) are not from the new wave. Want to check out rivette. idk how im gonna watch everything but out 1 and paris belongs to us. love me some powell though

rivette is fucking brilliant
start with celine and julie go boating, it's probably rivette at his best and most accessible

paris belongs to us is also great and kind of like a rehearsal (kek) for Out 1, a lot of the same ideas and plot elements etc. but much more amateurishly done, and with a darker tone than Out 1

celine and julie first it is, then out 1. how do you feel about Japanese new wave? kurahara sure did get the shaft for making a better breathless while being japanese

How do you make those charts?

i agree with the other user, celine and lulie is by far my favorite and you should check it out
out 1 is brilliant and probably his best work next to marry go round, be sure to watch both Out 1:noli me tangere and Out 1: spectre
not that user but the jap new wave was amazing, i mean the works of Hani, Masumura, and Terayama are some of the weirdest achievments of cinema

mubi

Am i late?

no i already graduated
and you can live through anything if magic made it

pleb who thinks he's patrish
>Die Parallelstrasse
yikkkkkes

cant tell me nothing

hereeeee it is lads, feels so weird ive used the other chart for so long :(

waddya think?

looks very good
but i only recognize costa, rohmer, and denis
what are the titles?

no wait, middle right is landscape suicide right?
great film, my favorite benning

oh god, you ARE a pseud

it triggers you that someone has better taste than you?

What kek?

K

>berlin horse is one of his favorite movies

Ill get called out for shit taste but I don't care

A few of these movies are on here because I saw them high so its more like "favorite movie going experience" rather than favorite movie

so?

where is YOUR chart?

i dont make charts

middle right?

Conjuring 2.

this is my chart
titles are:
stroszek, come and see, hiroshima mon amour
piano teacher, spirit of the beehive, scenes from a marriage
short film about killing, double life of veronique, taste of cherry

what's mid-right?

my bad. got it thanks