ITT: god tier JRPG's

ITT: god tier JRPG's

Bonus if you have any good ones for PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8Ep6D9dzLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vagrant Story

I will instead post a shit-tier one. Knowing what to stay away from is important too.

Watch out for Dragon Quest XI in 2017. (hopefully) That serie has always delivered.

im gonna buy a ps4 when ff7 remake comes out.

ff7 crisis core is really good if you havent tried it.

OP here. I haven't played Dragon Quest since it was called Dragon Warrior and on the original Nintendo. But I also don't have any PS consoles before PS4. I had a PS1 but I think it's (unironically) in my mom's basement which is like 2000 miles away.

fuck yes xenogears the music in that game is just...chilling.

My nigger.

Persona 4

What does it run on? I own a PS2 and a PS4
Dragon Quest XI will be a PS4 exclusive so you are lucky.
If you ever get someone to throw a used PS2 at you play Dragon Quest VIII, probably one of the best JRPGs ever made. If not hope it will become available on the PS Store in the future; Sony is working on emulating PS2 games on the latest console.
Also from the PS Store you can download Wild Arms 3, while I didn't play that I am enamored with WA and WA2. It's got this weid, nostalgic fantasy/western frontier theme going; the world map music for the first WA was Ecstasy of Gold.

Bitch ass nigga why you even ask.

DQVIII is good, most DQ games are... But you ever play IV on NES? Fucking love that game. Also, man I'm getting old.

Nice trips, Satan. Not the fag you're replying to but I liked 3 better than 4. And I'm old too.

psp, you can emulate it on pc!

I missed out on II and III as a kid, recently bought them from a local retro store. They're on the backlog if I ever get time, for sure.

They have DQ8 on the App Store for iPhone

Will have to play both of them then. Though between HotS and The Last Guardian and actually having a job I don't have that much time right now for JRPGs.
Nice try, Goldberg.

Trips on my first immediately followed by dubs on my second post, all sixes. The fuck is going on?

>God-tier JRPGS
>Mentions Chrono Trigger, gets mainstream fagged
>Mentions Gaia, same result

>actually having a job
Are you me?

5 is best nigger. but theyre all great tbh.

More of an action/tactics game, but had RPG elements. Would give my left nut for a modern port of it.

but .hack is good bro

Secret of Mana and Breath of Fire I&II.

Hey I'm kind of new in this thing of Rpg's so, can you bois suggest something to start with??

It's also a videogame played over four videogames.

Speaking of dragons, I just remembered this gem.

I'm really liking XV. XIII was awful though

People give me shit for it but I really like this Cross too

Story is very watered down but it's a really fun game

That game made a huge impact on my life when I was young.

Fuck the haters.

God damn it i just bought it.

>Le reddit atheicuck: the game
Post this piece of shit in any other board, you will be laughed out

Don't worry about it, it's actually a lot of fun.

People are only hating on this because it's new.

yeah but it looks like its literally homosexual like big sausage party and then there is just gas station lady
i bet ff7 remake will be way better i hope they redo the bath scene too

I'm only hating on this because there's no cohesive narration, it's a rush job with a ton of cut content and the camera is beyond awful
It's got its good points but it's far from an overall good game
I think a few years down the line, when we won't have reviewers paid to have an opinion for us anymore, this will be remembered as XIII is now
Anyway can't believe no one brought this up yet

It's a prince and 3 royal guards. How is that homosexual?

This

/Thread

What does that shit have to do with a JRPG about giant robots?

Witcher 3 is fucking elder god tier but it isn't a JRPG.

Ah, my bad, I saw Beyond posted and I thought OP asked about RPGs

Sup Forums loves Xenogears. And that's saying some shit because they hardly like anything.

:3

XIII was bad because 3/4 of the game was just walking from point A to B in a corridor with nothing else to do. I've been playing a lot of XV. I like it's approach to combat, and the way they're handling the story line within the open world

youtube.com/watch?v=F8Ep6D9dzLg

XIII was good up until it pulled the X-2 stunt, and it was bearable because the level-crystatium system was neat and had more interesting enemies than simply "dark evil BBEG"
And Snow Villiers was a true bro, and Sazh was bestdad. Fang was also p hot.

Lightning was just r63 cloud, Vanille was sugartits depressiongirl, and Hope....
Hope was hopeless.

This, so much
Love you user

Fucking god damn, the main bad dude tho.

GOD DAMNIT quit playing games with me
I ship Prompto+Cindy, because that's just too cute.

The music in 15 is also superior to 13, but the Oerba theme and March of the Dreadnauts in 13 was beautiful.

Perosnally, I like Bloodborne and Darksouls3, but not too sure those count here.

Great game.

I wish I could mention Kingdom Hearts, but it doesn't fit too well in this case.

Fuck em, I'd count it

I actually came back to this thread because I wanted to mention this. So fucking underrated. The characters, the story, the Shakespearean dialog, the fucking epic bosses. It wasn't a perfect game, some clunky menu navigation and the affinity system was a bit convoluted. But god damn I couldn't get enough of this game.

Shits real dark for a kids game.
Bodysnatcher evil wizard
tearing apart the soul and making both halves of it try kilking each other
Friends forced to kill each other to stop the evil old guy

its just really sad. Especially when you traceback all this shit to this one giy who at first wanted to escape the solitary life of an island and discover what else there was, and who became this guy who ruins lives to see a fantastic weapon appear.

This fucking saga uses the same final villain more times than there are games in the saga, including three different versions at the end of DDS... Or was it four?

Also:
>you two faggots jsut ran around hitting bad dudes unsupervised
>you saved the world a couple of times, you think makes you hot shit?
>nah now you have to earn it by hitting a bunch of different bad dudes unsupervised
>YOU FAIL BECAUSE STORY SAYS SO

I loved KH1, KH2 was meh, everything else was a mistake

Suikoden 1 and 2

I'm always surprised at how overlooked these titles are

I admit the first game seemed a bit rushed and lacked depth but it was still a blast to play. And the sequel was fucking phenomenal

Kh1 was the best, simpky because it was simpky about a boy who yearned to see theoutside world with his friends, tragedy struck and his friends became scattered,and went off to gofind them while at the sametime, playing a crucial part in the fates ofmultiple worlds.

It was innocent childhood adventure and wanting to save your friends from the dangers of outside worlds and themselves.

Kh2 was mostly about furher developing the dangers and worlds that stilk needed help, and also to continue searching for your lost friends.

It got too complicated.
Long-Haired riku is also best riku, and in 3 I jope I can play as Sora, Riku, or Kairi