I'm about to graduate with a BA in Psychology. Am I screwed?

I'm about to graduate with a BA in Psychology. Am I screwed?

bump

Possibly.

Psychology? Yeah, you're fucked

Royally so.
I got a BS in Computer Science...
7 years ago. Still haven't found an applicable job.

Depends on where you live and how much of a market demand there is for psychologists in the area.

Did you research the market for psychology before going into the field and research what a person with a bachelors in it does for their daily job? From what I was told, it's mostly boring lab work dealing with animals. Much of it doesn't have any significant changes from each experiment subject to the next.

Is that what you dreamed of doing for 30 years of your life? Or something similar.

...Open your own business. Don't employ niggers.

You wasted years of your life for something that will never make you rich in the metaphorical and literal sense

No start-up capital, or significant clientele willing to hire "green" professionals.

Really? I dropped out of college after getting most of a BS in Computer Science and I got a job. Move to DC and sign up with any of the hundreds of IT recruiters.

Do craigslist postings and save up for a business license.

>not being able to find a job in currently one of the most high-demand industries in a time period where that industry is growing at healthy rate while having a degree in said industry

Maybe you're just autistic

(or maybe you just don't live in a very good area, try relocating to New York or Chicago, or literally anywhere in the west coast)

Learn a viable trade. 24 year old hvac tech here, 1 year community college.
46k this year.

if you are good at your job, you will always have place. The problem is, 90% aren't.

What this guy said. You're probably just retarded, or a no-work nigger.

Are you suggesting relocating doesn't cost any significant amount of money?

No because those morons dont realize while they are out picketing, Mcdonalds and other similar companies are working on phasing them out all together. They will lose their jobs by fighting for $15 an hour.

many work at home and send their work. Even if you live in shithole like africa you can get good job.

you have to have at least a masters , but if you get your phd you will be well set... its only another few years.

I never suggested it wasn't, but if you're having trouble finding a job after 7 years then maybe you need to dish out some last resorts.

leaving mc Donald's aside. everyone who works full time should have the money to pay for logins , food, healthcare, education and a degree of discretionary spending.

its not like there is not enough capital to support that.

never heard of couch surfing or living out of your car for a month or so?

What factory job, among the newly returning manufacturing jobs from China, are you qualified to do with that bullshit, OP?

For most job applications, either you have a degree or you don't. They don't give a shit what it's in.

Well said.

Depends. You major and the prestige of your school work together to determine your outcome on a sliding scale. The more prestigious your school, the less your major matters.

So, how good of a school did you go to?

On average, a psych BA is crap. It's actually so low down on the list I couldn't fit it in the screen shot.

>Median starting Salary: 35.9k
>Median Mid Career Salary: 60.4k

Not really. Entire jobs disappear all the time.

this .why would anyone stop at a BA in something like psychology.

get your phd op

Currently at a state university. Minor in philosophy and communications as well as a BA in Psych, with a GPA of 2.9, possibly 3.0 or higher by end of semester

Yea, jobs that are either overpaid or pointless.

Not really.

Most of them are due to shifts in preferences, technological advancements, or globalization.

youre screwed if you like Mcdonalds because theyll make their cheeseburgers like 8 dollars

you wont even find a job with a masters. psychology needs a doctorate.

Maybe.

I got my Psych degree in 2008 and I'm still waiting tables.

But I'm legitimately on the autism spectrum, so you may have better luck.

The problem in the US right now is kids graduate college and they think they're entitled to an easy well paying job. They're finding out the hard way that it isn't that simple. Not only that, they're starting off well in debt. Nobody wants to work hard for a mediocre wage nowadays. They're lazy and don't look at the big picture. The ones that happen to work for a good company treat their job like a joke because the grass is greener elsewhere. Well, fuck them! I've been doing my job short-handed for over ten years because of slackers.

>Shit university
>Shit GPA
>Shit major

It does not bode well.

Calm down you salty old man.

What do you do for a living?

Y'all need to get out of mining coal and adapt. Having a job with tunnel vision and skills you can't apply to another is not a good place to be.

And another thing. I don't mind flipping burgers if I had to. How many people would rather ride the unemployment train until it runs out of tracks.

I'm director of a few programs for first year students at my prestigious alma mater.

Applying to law schools though, so I won't be doing it for too much longer.

I agree.

I also agree. But I also think that people who flip burgers for 50 hours a week should be able to afford basic living.

If you can't find a job with that degree you're retarded. Got a semester in then had ex had my daughter so I dropped out. Got in doing L2 work now at the "engineer" level making good money.

Nah you can always apply for pharmacology and be a consultant for old people.

Do you have any other actual usable skills?

Wouldn't you need a BSc in psych rather than a BA for pharmacology?

If you don't have idea for yourself then yep...

You are screwed.