Why does Sup Forums never talk about this?

Why does Sup Forums never talk about this?
I really liked the first season and how they kept the pace high.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A2m7bPax-00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it's not a recent show, it's been discussed plenty when it just came out

Level of engagement dropped severely after the 1st episode desu

also DEA protagonists turn to "angry psychopath" was sudden

Over explanatory narrator kills the show for me

its gergous however, the neon club shootout scene looks amazing on my 4k tv, and they are some beautiful moments like pablo standing in the field looking off screen.

no it hasn't. i've been here since 2003.

search the archive, i must have seen at least 10 threads on narcos. an user posted many paintings of pablo which were beautiful.

LOS PEPES when?

When the FUCK is the 2nd season coming out

it's hard to talk about netflix shows in general since most people binge & skip details/conversation or watch too slowly and avoid threads to escape spoilers

everything involving oberyn martell and the southern american guy was awful. that white guy is a fucking terrible actor.

the stuff with pablo and all the cartel guys is pretty good, but it all felt very rushed and stacked on top of each other, they crammed like a decade worth of his life in one season, way way too much. they didn't even really bother establishing any type of time line either, so the whole thing feels like it's happening in a year or two. too chaotic and scrambled.

i kind of figured season 2 would involve the cartel stuff that happened after pablos death, but it's still following him... there's not much more to tell, he ran off and hid, he killed a lot of his close men, then they found him and killed him. so it takes them 1 season to tell the decade long rise of pablo, and now they're taking like the last year of his life and stretching it out into an entire season. it doesn't make sense.

Sept 2nd

youtube.com/watch?v=A2m7bPax-00

>they kept the pace high
The pace was too fast. Each episode felt self contained little bit that ran over that period of events too quickly.

Hey, see this interesting character? Shall we build him up? Uh, no, he is dead. It meant there was less characterisation. Sometimes I don't know if they wanted a decent drama based on realism or a straight historical show.

Usually I would be complaining about filler or series stretched out over too many episodes, but this is a rare exception that stuffed too much in.

the whole first season feels like the "greatest hits" of pablo's life, it's like a wikipedia summary of stuff that happened over 10 years.

his rise, height of power, and fall would have been perfectly fine to stretch out into 2, possibly 3 seasons.

the whole pace of the show is so off balance. 8-9 years of content jammed in season 1, and now season 2 will be stretched out for his final year. like wtf?

Indeed. It is really odd.

It ends up making the tone feel really weird.

Sometimes it feels like it is an attempt at HBO show - a decent crime show.

Then intershots of the real Pablo cut into the show. Historical figures coming and going like a historical biography.

It is a shame as I like a lot of the actors.

the real pictures of pablo and all that news reel type of stuff was very strange, i think they were just too lazy to recreate those photos with the actor and just said fuck it and threw the real photos in. it's not confusing or anything, it just makes the tone feel kind of weird

The main character is a white male and the guy that plays escobar is from brazil.

This isnt a good show fucking mexico tier production

>That narrator
literally in the bin of Netflix mass produced garbage

You apparently weren't here last year, it was discussed plenty when it came out.

The intro is the best I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever skipped it.

>inb4 Sopranos

It's way too long, Narcos is just perfect.

oberyn is the only decent thing Chile produced since Pinochet was killing random niggers and keeping them at bay.
The southern americuck is annoying but the whole thing is about fat Pablo and he is ok.

We Pablito now

it's a ripoff from true detective

this, never skipped the intro to true detective s1

>Sometimes it feels like it is an attempt at HBO show

This ultimately prevented me from enjoying the show

>muh grit
>muh nudity
>muh violence

Only not executed tastefully at all, like actual HBO shows.

yes it was, i remember threads and threads of people complaining saying that the actor didn't speak spanish with a colombian accent

I really like the half drama/ half documentary style. You can read about how everything happened online but the drama parts give that information flavor and meaning. There are some really beautiful shots throughout. I swore off hispanic women but there is some qts as well.

You have El PatrĂ³n del Mal. If the show was about his life it would be a full soap opera boring as fuck, I'm glad that Marcos took the most important elements and wrapped them all together neat

So the white guy never bothered to learn spanish after moving there? For years? This is the only thing that bugged me.

Agree with this. Narcos intro is GOAT, probably my favourite and I've seen a crapload of shows.

>executed tastefully
>HBO shows
Lmao wat

It was a netflix show. Shit like every other netflix show.

Take the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt for example.

Bit I do have to say, I liked the first episode

It's pretty mediocre. I mean it's fine, I watched it, but it didn't leave me feeling like it was anything more than a competent show

>then they found him and killed him

>Implying he didn't paid a dude with similar body to have a plastic surgery in exchange for supporting his family forever.
>Implying the smaller bag of money he buried can pay for all this.
>Implying he didn't bribe the police that say the body was his.
>Implying he is not enjoying his money in some remote part of the world.

One of Pablo's surviving brothers sent a "friendly, formal" request to the producers to review the second season before it airs. I imagine it's an offer they can't refuse.