Ghost is for edgy middle class teenagers

Lets be honest though, his vocals sound more like that Beach Boys or The Wiggles than anything, and that music video with the kids playing at the talent show? tell me thats not pandering to get elementary school fans... and how many times has that video been done now?
oooh a ""SCARY"" "metal" band is playing for a bunch of snobby ADULTS! wow how waaacky! bet that will totally fight the man haha, i think its still the 1960's and people are afraid of rock music!

seriously can we please stop listening to this trash pop rock disguised as sccaaarry metal cash grab bullshit? there are a thousand bands still obsessed with the 70's, and none of them need a stupid gimmick to make good music.

"b-b-but Ghost ARE a metal band!! you're just not as sophisticated as me, I'VE listened to BLACK SABBATH!! they are the best metal because they are OLD!! so Ghost CAN'T be bad because they're trying to bring back old metal! no one has done that before!"

The exact problem with Ghost is that their music isn't *nearly* edgy enough to match the image. I mean seriously, you can't be selling buttplugs while churning out stuff fit for a Dreamworks soundtrack.

dude their image is gay as hell what drugs are you on.

no their image pretty much matches the music... corny as fuck

As much as I despise the band, I think Watain does a much better job at "selling Satan to the masses", Ghost is just too campy.

wtf i like Ghost now

sophomoric drek

(and they stole the real Ghost's name)

fuck em

What do you despise about watain?

>thinking ghost's image is edgy
it's the corniest shit, that's why it's fun

buttmetal

Everyone with a brain and their mother fucking knows that, can we please now keep the discussion of this shitty band out of this board? PLEASE OP, DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD, DON'T GIVE THIS UNDERAGE NERDS THE CHANCE TO EVEN ARGUE

Everyone likes ghost but you, user. Deal with it kek

>ghost

Ghost is more normie-who-thinks-they're-metal metal than nu-male metal.

idk user, I kind of like them

>cynic
damn what did they ever do to you?

Scooby Doo music

[spoiler]monstrance clock sounds cool[/spoiler]

>Shitting on Batushka and Mgla
Why? Because they became popular? Fucking kill yourself.

m8 you're no fit for any type of metal if you're afraid of corniness
oohhh im so self-conscious i only listen to mature music for mature people such as myself
their gimmick doesn't hinder them in making good music so where's the issue with it?

But...but...they're music is "fun"...says every fucking ghost fan. Fuck off. Scooby Doo chase music Blue Oyster Slipknot dad rock. Get the fuck outta here.

Batishka and Mgla are always mentioned after Deafheaven and Isis in every 5'6" 110lbs HIV-positive specimen's "yeah I'm really into metal, the list goes on" shtick

>Scooby Doo chase music Blue Oyster Slipknot dad rock.
says every ghost hater. but that just translates to "no fun allowed", not any other form of criticism

oh, they're not making mature music for mature people such as yourself? good!

It just sounds like a less good Blue Oyster Cult. They don't bring anything new to the table and they're less fun than BOC. I just don't get the appeal.

>not liking pop music

you know i actually agree with that. they're like if one of those classic rock tribute bands got really big, and while it's good to have those around for the sake of live shows, when you get to pitchfork-level hype you're always expected to have some kind of unique appeal. it might be that most people who get into ghost don't really know who they sound like in particular, but oohhh nooow they pretend to care about this style because of this new gimmicky thing, i don't think i would blame them all too much though. i'd feel more inclined to argue against this expectation that everything has to be something totally novel. having an inferior version of something good doesn't mean you've got something bad

Stop defending buttmetal

make me.

Pls stop defending buttmetal

>having an inferior version of something good doesn't mean you've got something bad
That is true, but I feel like they're gimmick gets thrust into their music too much. And I guess it just depends if you like it or not. I don't so I guess that's why I just don't like them.

This band is cringe. Listen to the real Ghost, a psychedelic folk group from Japan

Their music is absolutely part of their gimmick.

fuck off "avant"-"weebs" >>>/daily/

Some people might find eating shit fun but that doesn't make it good

Your father should've spunked in the sink

there is nothing inherently wrong with eating shit either

>exact problem with Ghost is that their music isn't *nearly* edgy enough to match the image
But that's the whole point

I'd rather go for Mercyful Fate / King Diamond if I want cheesy theatrical occult/satanic metal.

idk who ghost is but if you listen to metal you're probably a kid anyway

Hypnotic Underworld is a great album though. I don't care what you guys think.

t- nu.male

i made an image like this for my gf because i thought it would be fun but it was just really boring and time consuming
but like, at least i did it for someone
and it was like 15 movies not like, 5 billion albums
seriously what loser makes these things, especially as a fuckin meme
also i don't really like metal but i feel like something from SIGH should be on there since they're the kind of metal i can enjoy as someone who doesn't like metal, colors and sunbather and conqueror i like and they're on there too so i think i'd be a pretty good barometer for metal for people who aren't eyeliner wearing children