Possibly my first guitar. Thoughts?

Possibly my first guitar. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00412592042227838339
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good for you

I don't want to show off man , I'm just asking if it's a good choice

Go buy a piece of shit first and learn to play. Then think about nice guitars

You're right , I thought that a good guitar would be more encouraging for a new player since It's more comfortable to handle and sounds better.

It's a first guitar. Buy one off craigslist for $80 from a 16 year old who got it for his birthday and got bored of it. If you're still playing after a year, get a decent one.

Don't listen to anyone from here OP they only know about listening to music and don't know shit about making it

oh , thank you

Epiphone Les Pauls are A-OK as beginner guitars, it's a good choice. There might be some more money-conscious choices out there but I say go for it.
t. owns an Epi Studio for ~9 years

great starter guitar OP. my only problem is the color, I really like the Honey burst ones

I used to have one of those. It went of tune pretty often.

I'd recommend a Mexcian Fender Strat or Tele.

Fucking this. If its your first, it doesn't matter. Just get the cheapest and get good playing it. After that, you can worry about the type.

thank you

i'd go for a used one desu

i live in a shithole man no chance of finding used good guitars

I also recommend the fender squier strat. It's just a good all around guitar and that's what I started on.

Had an Epiphone Les Paul special 2 for my other noob guitar and it wasnt bad. Nowadays I don't prefer how the neck shape feels.

I'll get you a link to a book I have that has some Randy Rhoads stuff, it's a PDF that goes with a DVD but from the book alone you can learn some basic but neat scales.

Even if it's too hard, download and use maybe someday. It's helped me a lot. Shitting right now so I'm not at my PC

oh thank you , greatly appreciated

If you like Les Pauls I'd look into some other options outside of the Gibson family like the Gretsch Pro Jet first. Not to say the Epiphones are terrible as a first guitar but once you actually get into playing you start to regret your decision and loathe your guitar until you can get a better one that doesn't scream "first guitar."

t. someone who learned on an Epiphone Les Paul

Get a Yamaha if you want a starter guitar.

I'm not sure what the guitar prices are in Bongland but in America you can get a Fender MiM Tele or Strat for the same price as an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

On your budget you don't need to settle for Squier.

here's the link guy.

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00412592042227838339

Another thing you can try if you're not getting lessons (i implore you to do so, i taught myself but when i started taking lessons shit was so much better) is Rocksmith 2014. Its a great tool especially session mode once you get things down cause its "jamming" without the need for other bandmates if you're not comfortable yet.

I still suggest lessons over RS 2014 but its something. Good luck, and welcome to the fun world of guitar. Another thing about the squier is you can usually get a cheap deal on a guitar/amp combo so you don't have to slam a bunch of money down when starting out.

i live in fucking greece man lmao . that's why i can't buy used guitars from craiglist

thank you dude

Buy it used for $150 less nigga or if you're going to pay upwards of $400 get a Les Paul copy from Japan in the 70s they got sued for being too identical to the Gibsons

Buy something shitty first and make sure you actually have an interest in playing the guitar before you make a bigger purchase

yeah it really sucks that online shopping doesnt exist

so risking getting a shitty used guitar by paying online when i could get a brand new one??

Learn on an acoustic first.

its not paying upwards of $350 on something you dont even know you'll continue

Fuck that. Get yourself a Squire Affinity. Fender is far superior

Also. Learn to play an acoustic guitar first. You'll develop calluses and thank yourself for it

i already have calluses. been doing some practise with a friend's guitar

that's a good point friend

my first guitar was $90 Laguna with a Randall amp, it sounded like shit, but it helped me learn.

that's inspiring

What actually happens is new players fucking break and degrade their first guitar, so buying a nice one means you're gonna fuck up the nice one.

My first one was a shitty ibanez that I banged up so hard the paint fell off in a couple places, I would have probably killed myself if it was a nicer one.

that sucks

You can get the same training on heavier gauge strings. I used not even slinky's cause I feel for downtune meme for over a year. Finally went back to .10s - .46 and I had some powerful fingers.

Besides, you'll get calluses overtime regardless.