Literally who are the faggots that have that imdb-core taste on /lbg/ ffs

>top director: Stanley Kubrick

>you guys have awful taste
'no'

Heeeey thats pretty good

>PTAfags

dropped

Wow that is utter shite
Do another one but this time add all the usernames under the choices so we know who is a ducking pleb cunt

If you're an imdb voter.

Daily reminder this fake list was made by one of these people:

dropout_bear
jackieray
link_gorro
lozjudai
machill54
nosaj
smoothhands
steakbro

The original list had these people on it and one of them got assblasted and added more people to make themselves look better.

327 movies were voted for in total

unfortunately when there's this much variety, shit rises to the top

pastebin.com/TdsCBnsz

better than i expected desu

>OH MY GOD THOSE FILMS ARE ALL KNOWN AND CANONIZED
>AND THESE DIRECTORS UGH ALL THE USUAL BIG GUYS
>FUCKING SHIT, YOU GUYS HAVE AWFUL TASTE
Pathetic.

Think I'm just about done with this general.

nothing i submitted is on there, which looking at that list I feel is a good thing

>unfortunately when there's this much variety, shit rises to the top
lmao'ing at ur life if u think any of those films is shit

fucking kill yourself pretentious wanker

>shit rises to the top
Glad it didn't happen, then

M8 mumblecore is a genre and a movie , the movie is by tao lin

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Hate watching stuff on laptop, feel bad for anyone that has to do all their viewing this way.

Alien Zone (great name for a film with zero aliens) had 2 scenes that were fairly effective totalling about 45 seconds of screen time and then a load of shit.

dumb poll for idiots

oh ok

This list isn't disappointing but it feels uninspired

I didn't make either of these lists, little man

First off, stop with IRC shitposting shitposting. It's getting old.

The three votes category makes for a decent watchlist (minus Inherent Vice).

d-do y-you guys just wanna pretend like these were the results

Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
Armond White
Daniel Kasman
Adam Cook
Eric Hynes
Amy Tuabin
Kent Kones
J. Hoberman
Richard Brody
David Jenkins
Peter Labuza
Jordan Cronk
Matt Prigge
R. Emmett Sweeny
Caklum Marsh
Miriam Bale
Genevieve Yue
Jonathan Rosenbaum
Dave Kehr
Scott Trafoya
Scott Foundas
Matt Zoller Seitz
Ben Sachs
Keith Uhlich
Dennis Lim
Jake Cole
Sean Gilman
Glenn Kenny
Michael Sicinski
Zach Lewis
Matt Lynch
Matt Singer
John Lehtonen
Neil Bahadur
Scott Tobias
Ryland Walker Knight
Filipe Furtado
Adrian Martin
Cristina Alvarez-Lopez
Mike D'Angelo
Dan Sallitt
Vadim Rizov
Fernando F Crocoe
David Bordwell
Kristin Thompson
Tag Gallagher
Nicole Brenez
Michael Koresky
-nosaj

RWYW

LMAO at this fucking OP. I hope you all realize that the person behind this poll is a complete imbecilic pretentious embryo.

I'm represented on this list by one of the directors I chose a film by.

This list is embarrassing.

kill yourself nosaj
-everyone

No

>tfw a brighter summer day is becoming more recognized

I didn't make the poll pal I'm just letting him not mumble core is a real movie
Calm yourself

TSPD core, not bad but nothing surprising

should add steakbro a third time t b h

Well I don´t know what people were expecting. Of course generally liked things go to the top. It could have been worse since we didn´t have Dark Knights or Pulp Fictions there

HA
HAAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

gay af

what did you expect to happen after it got a bluray release from Criterion

If you're going to create a meme list you may as well put king todd on there

>mfw every time someone mentions /lbg/ outside of /lbg/ i'm going to post this chart and make fun of them

what a guy!

Daily reminder that you were so new that you listed other shitposting irc fags as good users and now we actually have comprehensive list of the users ruining this general.

So which one is you?

Because popular film can't be good? Oh well.

the results aren't so bad desu, for all the complaining there's nothing there that you should realistically feel offended by. of course there's going to be kubrick, coppola, scorsese, lynch, kurosawa, ozu, tarvosky, pta etc. they would all be on most credible critics all time lists.

if you filtered out PTA this would be a great list

I suppose the one good thing to come out of this is that the worthlessness of aggregate polls of this type has been reaffirmed in my mind.

The point is it looks like all the other top movies list that literally every publication puts out
Was expecting directors like tsai ming-liang,benning and other lbg favs on the chart instead of just the usual stuff.
There is no /lbg/ define taste or charm on the chart, take the label off and it could be from criterion or sight and sound

lol i was the only one who voted for public enemies

>EXPECTING BENNING TO BE A MAJORITY FAVORITE
Absolyt pretentious twat

because we tend to filter out the basic IMDb bitches that post their profiles here and remember the memorable users

vulgar auteurism is uterally nonexistent here yet everyone talks about it

Are you me?

Checked.

>only one other person had Wild Strawberries
sad desu

>>only one other person had Wild Strawberries
That was Stanley Kubrick

I regret participating,

you won't get people discovering their own taste in these threads, as soon as someone posts a film they've enjoyed/hated you will get typically get backlash if it goes against the grain at all.

someone posted that they didn't enjoy seven samurai not too long ago and they pretty much got chased off /lbg/. reddit is known for its hive minding but it's the exact same behavior in board generals

>pretentious because I assumed the actual /lbg/ '''community''' would vote for more obscure stuff
Nah next time this poll happens only let regulars vote because I'm sure cross posters and randoms decided to weigh in and this made the chart look overwhelmingly generic

Come on, mate. I obviously know you're not OP. I just commented upon your post/info to scorn at the tard.

There wasn't a single Benning movie voted by *anyone*

You should feel pretty embarrassed right now, haha

pathetic

You've sunk to the fucking meme magic realm lad. Go and find Benning film in a poll like TIFF, S&S or hell, I go even as far and say any director's favorite (those criterion lists)

Disappointed really

>mfw /lbg/ "patricians" are butthurt

if your name is in black just go ahead and off yourself

great taste user. now that im thinking i did change my Mann pick

This

It's not about the films being chosen being critically acclaimed it'd about the chart being generic in the sense that the same movies get mentioned everytime, that's my beef with it.
That might be because these movies are great but I refuse to believe everyone in this general has the same taste as reddit,criterion and so on

Pretentious Sup Forums snobs rating and ranking films baka...

No great film is better or worse than another great film. Comparing Kubrick's work with Lynch's work won't get anyone anywhere. Both made excellent, but different films and both have long living legacies. Both pioneered different aspects of film making. Putting a number, a tier, or a ranking on these movies does no justice.

Instead of talking about which movie better. Let's talk about the damn movies!

If you make a collected list of directors' favorites that they've given to Criterion (only source that collects these that I know of) it would be pretty popular to any S&S, Tiff etc. list. Hell if you refute this my autism just might be strong enough to go and make bullshit chart with their combined votes.

You've sank to meme magic realm. Out of touch. Get back to reality. Don't let your memes be your life

Public Enemies fucking sucks

>I refuse to believe everyone in this general has the same taste as reddit,criterion and so on
Why, though? The more people, the more the obvious choices will rise to the top. And I don't see no problem with that.

>/lbg/ confirmed embryo taste
lmao

HaHa!

t. someone whose taste matches the list

My point is that this chart lacks /lbg/ flair and is no way representative of the community on Sup Forums's taste.
Talk to the regulars on irc and ask for their top ten and you'll actually get a unique chart

>*Michael Mann* fucking sucks.

ftfy

No. As a great film is better than a good one, and a good one one is better than a mediocre one, and a mediocre one one is better than a bad one, and a bad one is better than a terrible one, and a masterpiece is better than them all, every given two or more things are apt to comparison and judgement of better or worse. This doesn't detract from their value by themselves in any quality realm, or invalidates discussion and analysis.
Therefore, gay post yours.

You realize that not everyone is part of that circlejerk right?

Yeah, almost as sad as the sperg assault two threads ago

>representative of the community on Sup Forums's taste
It has The Thing in it. That tells something right?

>Talk to the regulars on irc
I don't communicate in memes, so I'm not sure how I would do that.

This is a shit faulty analogy as the films are different. X is great film about Y, while B is good film about Z and are barely comparable.

You don't compare Benning film to Bay film.

I thought we told you not to fucking count steakfaggot's votes

i have friends who couldn't tell you a single directors name who have seen more than 1000 films, i would be embarrassed to show my face on this board if i was those guys

I bet some faggots chose more than one film per director.

>all I know is Kubrick and PTA

cf. the list

You people should realize that any- ANY-(ANY) result would be criticized, laughed at, called shit. This one is fine, but it would have been better if OP wasn't a lazy nigger and had made a chart with all the films voted, including pictures for better reference, doesn't matter how big.

>OP wasn't a lazy nigger and had made a chart with all the films voted, including pictures for better reference, doesn't matter how big
Are you retarded? you want me to make a chart with 327 films and pictures listed?

this is why i don't rate movies

one of the most useful things about ratings is that you can compare them to other ratings, but not a lot of movies are directly comparable

I like this idea. Put usernames under it as well

Yes, I do. And so can anyone interested in doing such, contrary to killing the exercise beforehand as stupid or unnecessary.
It's a 'shit faulty analogy' because of your low cinematic capabilities.

>You people should realize that any- ANY-(ANY) result would be criticized, laughed at, called shit.
we will never know, because the actual result IS 100% embryo-tier, we're not joking.

Obviously yes.

>we're not joking.
where's that poster about ircfaggot samefaggot kill yourself when you need him

There's no fucking *we* here, redditor

Here are all the votes: go ahead and do it yourself

Green = Patrician taste
Yellow = Acceptable/Mainstream answer
Red = Completely pleb and/or pretentious pile of shit
Pink = faggot

Nah, everything is comparable.

filtered

lol this chart is going to start attracting non-/lbg/ embryos to start posting in these threads

Nobody is denying that, but not every comparison makes sense.

>tripfag and his shit opinions
I pass

>late spring
>pleb or pretentious
now I've seen everything

Ozu's failure as an artist is a reflection of the Japanese people as a collective lacking empathy and conception of the numinous. His films lack 'that spark of emotive connection' because his people lack the internal awareness and emotional volatility that permit European art to communicate on a more profound and abstract level, just as they lack the ability to relativise their experience of reality. The results – as women are incapable of making art about anything other than their vaginas, so too are the Japs incapable of making art about anything other than being Japs.