Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sRxtvygyDo
youtube.com/watch?v=-xg20C6Yroo
youtube.com/watch?v=JNYOVEXJBBM
youtube.com/watch?v=qJQHjy9p_rk
youtube.com/watch?v=4wEZv3cwoMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its a Resusci Anne

That's kind of overhasty, a lot of artists put one of the best songs of the album at the beginning to capture the listener's attention.

Maybe, but I was right in my assumption, so whatever

but s t i l l

E V E R Y T H I N G
I S

B R O K E N

Radiohead is trash.

And then you were proven wrong by each subsequent song? I agree

I hate when albums get loaded with the best songs at the start.

The best stuff should be in the second half.

Or better yet, just make shorter albums without any filler.

you just know you're in for something incredible the second Gardenia starts

That first snare....

The first time I heard some destructurated pop-music.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sRxtvygyDo

BURN ! BURN !
Yes ya gonna BURN !

holy fuck yes

>mfw

AH

I totally assumed this was gonna be some kind of dumb twinkly indie synthpop album or something like that but within 5 seconds I thought "woah this is something else"

I actually had to stop and just process debaser for a few days before continuing

this

youtube.com/watch?v=-xg20C6Yroo

One of the most consistently good albums I've ever heard. But Bombtrack is still the second worst track next to Settle For Nothing.

you're saying that like RATM could possibly have bad songs

I was just reading about this album and her life in general the other night. Made me feel profoundly sad. Rehab is a fucking killer song though

For the debut's standards that's hardly an insult.

Born As Ghosts is absolute ass

aw yeah baby

youtube.com/watch?v=JNYOVEXJBBM

yeah, Have you ever watched the documentary "Amy"? It really helped me to understand and appreciate her music more, heavily reccomended

youtube.com/watch?v=qJQHjy9p_rk

Yeah but after the first half, this album takes a nose dive

youtube.com/watch?v=4wEZv3cwoMs

EVERRRYYYYTHIIIING

>perfect album
>has Black Star on it

yeah no, nice try though kid

you figure out pretty quickly you're not in for anything predictable

the fucking instrumental is so infectious

This album is the musical equivalent of going up against prime-era Mike Tyson. It punches you on the chin right off the start and never lets up from there.

>In spirit they've vanished...
>And I'll show you why

Yesss

MUSE THE RESISTANCE

The Bends OK Computer and Kid A all start off with fantastic songs

i like it and it is good

These are obvious classics.

Here's mine.

Tooth For An Eye starts out completely different from anything else that they had ever recorded, and it's jarring in how brash and unexpected the sound is. Then, as it continues, it just keeps building and building in intensity, driving harder up until the trailing instrumental with that percussive synth line comes in, sounding like a better version of everything they had ever recorded before, and you knew immediately that the album was going to be their best yet.

T H I S

I listened to the glow pt 2 the other day and was very impressed by the first track; I thought the album would be perfect but it ended up being so short that I was disappointed. How is Mount Erie? I think I might listen to it today.

Maybe not 10/10, but I knew this would be a consistently solid album from the first minute.

Its kind of like a concept album version of the Glow Pt. 2. Now I love TGP2 but it has a lot of pointless noisy messy bits, but nothing seems pointless in Mount Eerie. Depends on your mood you might get bored or it'll blow your mind.

Also I kind of recommend listening to as much Phil Elvrum as possible before listening to Mount Eerie. There's a big ''surprise'' right in the middle of the album, I kind of don't want to tell you what it is, but it has to do with death which is dealt with VERY differently here from the way it is in all of Phil's other music.

the glow pt 2 is like an hour long how was it too short

that fucking sax

I was waiting for someone to go there.

this too

You've made me eager to hear Mount Eerie. Will his works from 2012-2017 and the earlier albums from The Microphones provide enough experience with Elverum's music for me to recognize what you're talking about?

I'll be the ROOOOO
O O
O O
OOOOOONDABOUT

i thought mount eerie was kinda bitchy because this one song he's like
ANND NOOOOO ONE EVER ASKED ME WHAT
MOUNT EERIE MEANS
ok thats not exactly the lyric but that's essentially the meaning
like stfu you whiny self-absorbed bitch
still a good songwriter tho

Just listen to whatever interests you, I like the first few albums he made under the name Mount Eerie, honestly don't bother listening to EVERYTHING if you're eager to hear Mount Eerie

Why should it be that way? Whom is that benefiting?

DADDY
OH DADDY
YOU PROMISED

The album isnt perfect but goddamn is it close

just the opposite for me

That fucking riff is just awesome.

possibly the best vrooms and vree's an opening track could have

Similarly, I think many people were caught way off guard 20 seconds in