Anyone else watch the new Tarzan movie?

It was a bit forgettable, given how many Tarzan movies there have been, but overall I enjoyed it. I liked the tone and storyline - felt closer to Burroughs' works, which was good. Skarsgard was a good Tarzan, visuals were solid (glad it wasn't all green screen like Jungle Book), I like Margot but they could have found someone better for Jane, action was good, Yates did a good job directing.

I hope it makes enough money internationally, wouldn't mind a sequel.

7/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9GXytZQ6pg4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what would the sequel be about?

Not sure but there are plenty of Edgar Rice Burroughs' novels they could draw from

No racism, I thought he was holding a knife to a gorillas throat from the thumbnail.

man this guy is really fucking black, I bet the fucker could be turned into sollar panel from all the light he can absorb.

How does Tarzan wax his chest in the jungle? How does he shave? He looks like a model. I can't watch something that breaks the 4th wall like that.

Is that the black guy from Blood Diamond?

Is it me or was the sound editing and sound mixing really off? There were a lot of scenes where it sounded like they forgot to add any other effects other than uncleaned adr.

>another Tarzan movie

I really hate how entertainment media just rehashes the same shit over and over. There's so much shit out there that is untouched still but will never ever be used.

JANE?

wuz he kangz?

I didn't notice any problems at the theatre I went to

She's a big girl

I haven't seen it but this is about Tarzan after going to England and becoming civilized , returning to the jungle
Or some shit

Same

I really enjoyed it.
Like you said, it was a bit forgettable, and the pacing in some parts was questionable but overall, it was bretty gud.

That's A HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE BITCH!!

fucking whale eating all the food.

>felt closer to Burroughs' works
Thank fuck

How many people have bitched about it being racist?

pretty sure some reviews were criticizing the "white saviour" element of the movie and giving the film a negative review because of it

youtube.com/watch?v=9GXytZQ6pg4

It had an interesting subtext of corrupt colonial slavers vs natives vs the jungle, but it was too conventional and didn't take risks. Action scenes, production value, and acting was all pretty good, but they had key scenes cut out for time, too slow a start, and lack of any substantial buildup for the ending which felt like they rushed to get it finished.