I've been trying to get into black/death metal but it just doesn't do it for me. It's just too fucking repetitive...

I've been trying to get into black/death metal but it just doesn't do it for me. It's just too fucking repetitive. The bands I like that are the closest to these genres are The Body and Exodus, that's as metal as I could get.

I'd like some violent band suggestions, I like the yelling but dislike the low screaming voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pF3UjZ5QUgI
youtube.com/watch?v=W7wgq7n-gSk
youtube.com/watch?v=vUSyU5SryGU
youtube.com/watch?v=6p4tQUBtsBw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnth2K0MCJU
youtube.com/watch?v=b7VY2Ij7ZqU
youtube.com/watch?v=dLuLez3XzV4
youtube.com/watch?v=AEEETCopMBY
youtube.com/watch?v=YuV99ZfIUpY
youtube.com/watch?v=RoyIvuDqoWg
youtube.com/watch?v=OzO8q3rz7WE
youtube.com/watch?v=ESWesi9mqfI
youtu.be/Hg3INmTE56Q
youtu.be/rHME2KkfP-Q
weather541.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try neoandertals

Listen to the superior Glam metal.

death- scream bloody gore
venom- welcome to hell
sodom- obsessed by cruelty
voivod- deminsion hatross
bathory- bathory
morbid angel- alter of madness
motorhead- bomber/ ace of spades
celtic frost- morbid tales
possessed- seven churches
testament- the legacy

try there, its a good spread to see what may appeal to you

thanks for the suggestions. found out the vibe I was feeling was mathcore, not death metal or black metal. I really like converge and I'm trying to get into lightning bolt. Do you have any similar suggestions to these?

thanks for the suggestions but although the drums and the bass are insane, the music is overall too repetitive for me and the low screaming voice just ruins it for me

Have you tried Dillinger yet?

I've listened to dillinger before, maybe I'll try again, any particular album you'd like to suggest? Update: just discovered this band called Daughters, it's fucking insane, try hell songs

My fave is still Irony is a Dead Scene, probably because that was the first of theirs I heard, and I'm a big Patton fan.

not at all sorry

also heard of dillinger because of patton, for some reason I'd thought he was a band member, only later to find out he'd only done one album with them, I guess that's why I haven't payed much attention to the band

I really like that 'entombedcore' punk/death metal thing that was popular a while ago. shit like this

trap them

youtube.com/watch?v=pF3UjZ5QUgI

black breath

youtube.com/watch?v=W7wgq7n-gSk

all pigs must die

youtube.com/watch?v=vUSyU5SryGU

As it's punky the albums are pretty short, which was often my problem with extreme metal too.

Fair enough - here's a great track off their latest / final album.
youtube.com/watch?v=6p4tQUBtsBw

I'm downloading ire works. By the way the frontman fucking scares me, he's so manly, just like trent reznor, what the fuck is up with these guys?

He's a bit of a sperg, but lead singers often are. I really like how much he involves the crowd though - saw them in London earlier this year and at one point he was singing while crowd surfing, and handed off the microphone to some random people in the audience to sing.

Vektor - Terminal Redux

your suggestions are alright, but for some reason the drums just don't do it for me, I realised I was looking for mathcore, but thanks for the suggestions

dw user, i was like this, it will click eventually, infact its sort of like a pair of boots that you wear in untill they dont give you blisters anymore

listen to death, they were the main band that helped me get into harder metal

Think of the pressure you feel when doing public speaking, and then imagine it's a crowd of thousands that you're relying on to keep a roof over your head. Lead singers need to be self-confident as fuck, and if they aren't then sometimes they just try to pretend they are and overdo it.

You might like the more chilled black metal like Wolves in the Throne Room.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnth2K0MCJU

Ayy I gotchu senpai

>Antichrist - Sacrament of Blood
>Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom
>Death Worship - Extermination Mass
>Conqueror - War.Cult.Supremacy
>Revenge- Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist

The best and trvest black/death (also called war metal)

I've got just the thing for you famalam, what you need is some pagan metal to warm you into the genre. It generally gives you some clean singing mixed in the shrieks, you get good production and general more skillfull playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=b7VY2Ij7ZqU
youtube.com/watch?v=dLuLez3XzV4
youtube.com/watch?v=AEEETCopMBY
youtube.com/watch?v=YuV99ZfIUpY

Or you can just listen to R I F F S black metal
youtube.com/watch?v=RoyIvuDqoWg
youtube.com/watch?v=OzO8q3rz7WE
youtube.com/watch?v=ESWesi9mqfI
youtu.be/Hg3INmTE56Q

try weather s/t

didn't find it, what's the exact name of the band?

youtu.be/rHME2KkfP-Q

If you like converge you have lretty good entry level metal taste. Try
>full of hell
>gaza
>code orange
Trust user

Pagan BM was the way I got into black metal desu, its a good way to get yourself used to tremolo riffs, blast beats, and shrieks because they only use them in parts of the songs and have other interesting instruments to help you ease you way into it.

Also flipsofem by burzum is great to get used to low fi

Listen to Car Bombs album thats titled like this VMVVVMMVV. I think it's basically meant to be a picking pattern. It's halfway between good Meshuggah type djent and dillinger mathcore. Really good, saw em ages ago in NY, top energy, not evena huge fan of mathcore

I also like code orange, forgot to mention

They're great, but they're basically an amalgamation of every extreme genre operating around them. For instance they shit on deathcore in interviews which they and everyone are right to do but a lot of their breakdowns sound like Acacia Strain, in a good way

it's weather
weather541.bandcamp.com/releases

it's not trve kvlt but its good

If you want mathcore tho
>Counterparts
>DEP
or for more intense stuff
>The Crinn - Shadowbreather
>Frontierer - Orange Mathmatics
>The End - Transfer Trachea