Why are there no threads about this???

why are there no threads about this???

because it makes me never want to step outside again

>lets talk about an album none of us will never understand about a man losing his wife
fuck you op

it's an album, it's absolutely devastating what happened to Phil - that doesn't mean we can't discus the record.

It hurt to listen to start to finish, lots of tears "I don't know that feels" and "I didn't ask for these feels" (I suppose I did listening to the album, I knew what I was getting into.)

At the same time I think it's one of Phil's best, maybe for the wrong reasons? Up for discussion.

Bought a vinyl from his website - anyone buy the album for more than $9 from his bandcamp?

nah he already got money out of me for his dead wife. pirating this shit

...I doubt he pocketed the money raised for his wife's treatment

he didn't say he did - hopefully they had health / life insurance prior to shit hitting the fan.

I know more of you guys have heard this, what gives?

I have no clue it was fucking heart breaking and one of the most moving experiences I've had listening to an album in a long time.

It's probably the most grounded and intimate a Phil album has ever been, with often breath taking straightforward lyrics and ideas.

I think Sup Forums is just too young to understand..

>I think Sup Forums is just too young to understand..
huh?
majority of the world doesn't understand this. sort yourself out

>obviously 15.

I honestly don't think there is a whole lot you can say about it.
The album says pretty much everything that ever needs to be said on it's subject matter. that's part of what makes it so good.

It's hard to talk about this album, let alone rate it or judge it according to its musical merits. This album is incredibly painful and unabashedly real, and it honestly makes other albums filled with affirmations of life and physical energy seem dumb and pointless. It brings death and entropy to the forefront beyond the sonic landscape; Phil is in dialogue with himself and he is figuratively naked in front of us with his spoken work poetry.

This album doesn't play according to the rules of other albums, it's simply too real and vivid. It doesn't evoke escapist fantasies or grandeur like with other albums and songs we all love, it stands apart and alone from the stupid games we play with our emotions. You can't describe it as imaginative or artistically intricate or masterful in its command of the medium; it's not a symphony or the result of extensive sonic experimentation, it doesn't affirm the hands that crafted it like it. It's not a monument to human achievement, this album is a death mask.

Lots of tears and feelings that we would all prefer didn't interrupt our daily fantasies of living. It'd be too painful otherwise.

But I'm really glad I got to listen to it.

im 23

you're retarded then
i'm not that user
but at 23 you should be wary of your own mortality and have adjusted to it and grown out of your infancy of being sure the days are gonna remain the same

also, everyone experiences loss so this album is universal

you should clarify what you mean by saying peopel don't "understand" it because if you're 23 and you don't understand it you're emotionally retarded. Maybe you mean people can't relate to it, but even then most people should be able to at least to some degree. regardless everyone shold be able to sympathize with it

Fuck this is sad

yeah I decided to put it on for the first time after I saw this thread and I just stopped because it was making me feel shitty. I stopped after the first song the backpack anecdote was weird and I'm wondering why she would have ordered it given the circumstances. had to know something like that was going to tug at phil's heart strings.

I don't give a fuck about this album or the dead wife that inspired it. God forbid you stupid baboons won't stop assfucking each other over whatever album you find that you happen to like. Just shut your stupid cunts about this. I don't want to see this nigger tier album cover posted anymore on this board. You fucking kikes can stop posting it, ok? We all know it exists. You're not fucking cool for climbing onto this bandwagon.

>someone actually took precious seconds from their life to type this

user... are you doing okay? why are you so angry?

its called testerone ne you fucking nu-male

you're being cuncked by ur own hormones

damn, how did i let mu into tricking me that this is shit. this is excellent.

Wow, go back to getting fucked in the ass by your dad, fuccboi faggot. I can't believe you'd waste anyone else's time with your post. kys.

>its called testerone ne you fucking nu-male

Not that user but black guys do what you're doing: they have unusually excessive emotional/physical reactions because in truth they actually possess quite a large amount of estrogen.

I know you are desperately trying to LARP as some badass here but you're actually doing it in a way that subtly bespeaks further estrogen on your part. Not less.

Revise your LARP approach; it's lacking.

holy shit a fucking racist nu-male

>please don't shatter this LARP time for me it's all I have

Okay, but I am telling you that all this crazy emotion is coming from a place of estrogen on your part -- not testosterone.

But if special boy needs his LARP time to feel big and strong then have fun. Just know that you fundamentally misunderstand the topic that you are LARPing over.

wow did you learn that from the wikipedia summary of psychoanalysis

I liked what Phil does with the instrumentation. The flow of the lyrics and how the instrumentation (sans Real Death, but I think it has a lot to do with how in the beginning everything just seems to be the same as it was, when someone you had in your life is no longer there).

Then all instrumentation goes absolute minimal. Emptiness pt. 2 with its throwback to Dawn, but now it feels... sadder. And towards Soria Moria it gets more and more into acceptance. Sort of the 5 steps of grief.

Truth hurts, son. If you really want to curb the "nu-male" trend then it has to start with you.

Enough of your estrogen antics.

You want so badly to save face right now but it's impossible because you refuse to take yourself seriously.

You are the one disallowing you the chance to save face. That is the kicker here. I'm not even a part of it.

As long as you continue this overly emotional estrogen LARPing you will never aspire to that level of "testosterone" that you so badly want to feign. You angrily shit on all these other young men as being "nu-male" but you are too. Don't you see?

Shut the fuck up