ITT: Future classics

ITT: Future classics

depression cherry and s/t are better than that easily

I'm completely OK with this.

Teen Dream is objectively superior though, and Depression Cherry + TYLS are my current favs.

no beach house album will ever be a "classic"
you can like them and acknowledge this

>Implying the 2010's doesn't have extremely low standards for what counts as "a classic".

Here's a legit one though.

tbf that album is underrated by all. weird how an actual sjw album is barely talked.
not even p4k reminds us about it

>future classic

nice meme

>actual SJW album

If you actually listen to some of the interviews from around when it came out, it becomes fairly clear that the SJW shit is layered in SUCC-levels of irony and it's all as much about taking the piss out of the SJWs as it is in support of them.

But yeah, as solid a contender as ever for AOTD, it's one of the few since 2010 that were truly "fresh" sounding.

Teen Dream > Devotion > Depression Cherry = Bloom > rest
this is objectively correct btw

I don't get what's supposed to be so great about this

even if it wont end up a future classic its already a classic compression artifact-core album

Bloom=TD>TYLS>Devotion>DC>s/t
Bloom has better songs but they get boring after a while, however TD is still great after many listens

Beach House is a study in how many times a band can make nearly the exact same album

tbf that describes like 95% of Sup Forums's beloved bands

wrong

sticking to a formula isn't exactly bad
The Quietus has a great article on Beach House talking exactly about this

>sticking to a formula isn't exactly bad

There comes a point when it's too much, and Beach House crossed that line.

I disagree. Their songwriting, while sticking to a similar structure throughout most of their albums, is always evolving. Listen to similarly structured songs from Devotion and Depression Cherry, from instance, an you can see a clear progression.

TYLS is also radically different than DC in terms of songwriting, and I'd argue it's their most different sounding album yet, and sounds utterly nothing like s/t or Devotion.

>and sounds utterly nothing like s/t or Devotion.
kind of a ridiculous statement. just because their songwriting improves doesn't mean their sonic palette has changed

also devotion is still their best album

this 100%

>implying Person Pitch isn't already a classic.

The intro to Take Pills still brings me to tears, it's so ethereally beautiful.

I think Giles Corey will be considered better than Deathconciousness over time.
This.

no it won't. it's far less ambitious, and while somewhat original it repeats itself too often to be as interesting

Pitchfork didn't even review this. nobody will remember it

Yep

>Scaruffi
>relevant
lol

its an awesome album...

oh now i get it

lol no

Listen to the best parts of Deep Cuts and all Silent Shout. Once you really love their old material, listen to Fever Ray.

Then, listen to Tomorrow, in A Year.

Finally, listen to Raging Lung and everything that comes after it.

Now, you realize why STH is so completely beyond god-tier.

more like current classic

true it's just predictable dreampop it's not really breaking any boundaries

Who still listens to this btw?

It's the most accurate self-portrayal of depression since Down Colorful Hill and Pink Moon. Deathconciousness is musically great, yeah, but most of the songs are way to aggressive to be depressing.

take the red pill, r plus seven is way better

>For an album to become a classic, people should still be listening to it 2 years later!

TVUN sold 30,000 copies but it is one of the most critically acclaimed and influential albums of all time.

doesn't that prove his point dumbass

Influential? This word is thrown around a lot when it comes to Kendrick. Remind me how this is influential plz

>It's the most accurate self-portrayal of depression
literally meaningless

> but most of the songs are way to aggressive to be depressing.
ha, as if more or less depressing is a metric of quality, or, much less, of influence?

take the redpill, pic related is the best thing hes done

I've only ever watched my favorite movie once. Replay value doesn't dictate quality.

are you kidding me. movies and fucking music can't be measured the same
of course you're going to watch a movie once. you already have figured out the plot

replay value is an accurate measure of quality. if it wasn't we wouldn't be even on this board jfc.

>way more emotionally powerful.
literally meaningless
>way more emotionally powerful.
ha, as if emotional power is a metric of quality, or, much less, of influence?

Yeah. It is.

You don't have any albums that you really liked and consider really good, that you don't really feel the need to listen to again?

Do you just require multiple listens to appreciate anything?

Bloom and Teen Dream sound utterly different.

Nice I've never seen that version of the cover.
But yes, this.

Definitely on its way to classic. I'm going to predict its not going to age well though.

This for sure.
me, you dick.

Maybe. I think this might get overlooked.

>You don't have any albums that you really liked and consider really good, that you don't really feel the need to listen to again?
no, if that was the case they wouldn't be my fav albums.
its cool, if you wanna listen to 2 music like its some rare trading card that needs to be sealed away in a super secret case. but I don't enjoy my music that way. if I like it on the first listen damn right I'm going to play it over and over.

well i don't know what to say other than history will likely prove you wrong. also you're probably listening to music for different reasons from most listeners

It's the LP version of the STH cover, as the LP is arguably the definitive version with that album.

I'm going to actually say though that Person Pitch is going to age a hell of a lot better than MPP has.

wrong!

I mean there are some movies I can watch over and over and over again and they're still good, like Fury Road or The Raid or Shrek 2. And there are some movies I saw once and never felt the need to watch again, too. If you don't do that with movies or music then hey we're just different like that.

Agree
I think it turned 10 years old just recently? Pretty sure its already a classic, also I love it
I don't think this will ever measure up to Deathconsciousness, sorry famalam. Giles Corey was just kind of standard depressing, ambient, folksy, dark music. Deathconsciousness was such an ambitious fusion of shoegazing, dark ambient, post-rock, post-punk etc etc etc.
Unfortunately this is true.

multiple listens is absolutely necessary to appreciate the nuances of a detailed album. opinions on albums can change drastically with relistening, and if you only listen to albums once, i guarantee you've written off a number of them that you'd like upon relistening

nah not saying you can't rewatch movies. but in music terms i can replay the same album 3times in the same day. where with movies thats not going to happen till maybe a month later.

i understand why tpab is a classic to everybody. but its not my fav album

Underrated

Hopefully once the pendulum has finally completed its hard swing to the right and /po/-tier views that once formed the backbone of the 2010's internet counterculture are normalized everywhere, people will feel OK calling TPAB, Lemonade, and similar tripe the transparent attempts by the Jewish record industry to market trendy black strife to perpetually guilt-tripped white people in an attempt to make them overlook the massive cultural failings of an entire racial group that they actually are.

jimmer in gen. (just like frogs/

When I say TPAB doesn't have replay value, I'm not saying its bad because it doesn't have replay value. Its just one of those albums that I listened to once, understood, and don't really feel the need to revisit. The poetry recital that comes before almost every track makes for a really cool concept album, but it gets really heavy and sometimes feels like it goes on too long. Its not something I feel the need to experience again. Its kind of like The Gift from TVU's White Light/White Heat. When you know a spoken word story start to finish, hearing it get recited again can feel really drawn out, even if the story is good and enjoyable the first time.

Its also not really the happiest record all the time, the the last 1/3 is pretty bleak in particular.

i can only hope
it's a classic for me though

i feel the same way about tpab

The SJW's will be genocided after the future civilization finds out how unappreciated it was at its time

Agreed.

there won't be any classics in the future because the proliferation of the internet and easier music distribution means that music as an art form will become so saturated as to render a particular album unable to satisfy a large consensus of people

tru

DC = 9.5
GC = 10
fact
>far less ambitious
nah

giles corey manages to have even worse production than deathconsciousness. you'll've grown out of it by this time next year.

Yes
No, R+7 will be considered a true classic years from now

Under no circumstances.
Possibly.
Who the fuck cares about The Knife? No.
No.
Already is regarded as a classic.
No one takes her seriously.
Probably not.
Is this not regarded as a classic?
Who the fuck listens to Deerhunter?
I hope.
Nah.

TBK will definitely be regarded as a classic

and what do you have against Deerhunter and The Knife? Both of those albums are stellar.

+1

+2

yes

+3

Who cares if it's depressing?

Musical quality > any other aspect

Talk about a fucking contrarian post.

You know its true

Most boring album I've heard in a long time. The fact that it's an r&b album makes it that much more disappointing. The guy sound like he's TRYING to be an r&b singer. It lacks hooks or anything memorable at all.

>It's boring because it's quiet
How the fuck is this boring? It's one of the most experimental r&b albums ever and you can bet on it being one of the most influential.

It's boring because Frank just let's the songs drone on without any progression. I obviously think he's not a good enough vocalist to keep my attention with vocals alone so... Also, just because it's "experimental"(pitch shifted vocals omg, r&b song has acoustic guitar, song doesn't have drums, his album credit list looks like MBDTF, OMG) doesn't mean crap. I doubt this will be as influential as an album such as "Take Care". I swear hipsters wouldn't know good r&b if it slapped them in their faces.

>not this
disgusting

did people really like this or were they just high on "where's the album" memes

>hipsters as an insult
This meme needs to die, you immediately lose any credibility when you bring that up

Nah I liked it a lot desu, one of the best albums I've heard released during my lifetime.

Enlighten us to 'good' R&B senpai

Hipster=white people

Well that's even more retarded

Top 10 best albums of this decade 2bh

heh no

this guy is correct
channel orange is way better than blond btw

Objectively wrong