HBO Original Films

There's some serious Kino in made-for-HBO movies, especially during the '90s (before their TV production really started). Let's discuss some good ones.

Citizen Cohn: James Woods as Sen. Joe MccArthy's top attorney during the red scare. He died of AIDs in the '80s and was a mentor of God-Emperor Trump himself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYZ3BDrdLtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GIA: Young Angelina Jolie, lesbian sex, herion.
You can see her tits before she had them lopped off irl

I like Gotti with Armond Assanti, whatever happened to Assanti anyway?

Behind the Candelabra: my personal favorite, reminds me of me

The Late Shift
ie Letterman vs Leno

never seen this one, just found out about it while looking up pictures for this thread
looks pretty great actually
apparenently it's Alan Rickman as Rasputin

Seriously underappreciated movie.

"I wash my hands BEFORE I touch muh dick"

>Kelsey Grammer
based
>Carey Ewles
double based

Did they actually star in this or was it a documentary?

10/10 casting

No, not a documentary. It was mainly about the fact that Letterman REALLY wanted the Tonight Show and didn't get it and wasn't really happy that he got his own show anyway.

Who was a better Cohn? Pacino or Woods

this one's fuckin weird. Dennis Hopper as a 1950s detective out to stop magic and monsters
except the magic and monsters symbolize communism

And the Band played On
Gotti
The Late Shift
The Falcon and The Snowman (I think that was HBO)

A Normal Heart was pretty good if you don't mind Mark Ruffalo fagging out

It was a film based off the book. It's on YT.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYZ3BDrdLtE

Worth a watch imo.

how's this one?

Pretty good. Which reminds me, Recount (also an HBO movie - with Kevin Spacey and Dennis Leary about the disputed US election in 2000) is even better. Check them both out

>And the Band played On

Seconded. Great movie.

really makes you think

seems timely, I'll watch this as soon as I'm done with pic related (written and directed by david mamet desu)

Damon is a manipulative bastard leeching off of a dying Liberace, is that right?

this guy is an underrated guy

DUDE POLITICAL BIOPICS LMAO

good movies desu

this is great.

barbarians at the gate is probably my favorite. its about the leveraged buyout of nabisco. its better than the big short

I like Mamet's plays a lot more than his films. It's not that they're bad, just OK-ish. If you read his book 'On Directing Film', you'll see that he has devised what is practically a scientific formula for creating the perfect 'average' film.