Current GameStop employee. Ask me anything I can't get fired for divulging

Current GameStop employee. Ask me anything I can't get fired for divulging.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestop.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why no NES Classics?

Whats the most annoying experience you've had so far?

Because Nintendo is intentionally shorting the market to keep demand high. Exact same thing they did when the Wii came out. I honestly get like 3 at a time every few weeks at this point.

Switch pre order date, is it tomorrow or the 16th

Can you tell us anything about the switch?

Can you hook it up with some PSN codes i can gift you saints row 4 complete edition on steam

already proved you dont know what your saying
all i can say is im a derect link in to the manufacture
Nintendo is not making more
this is a result of the market being to volatile they made there 1 batch money and do not to risk it again

Customer wise I think it would be a lady complaining quite a bit when we didn't have a game. It was a black lady and she brought up a few of our pre-owned best seller games that she wanted to buy for her kids before Christmas. Well long story short we didn't have them and I offered some similar games thinking that maybe that would placate her but it did not. Not at all. She yelled at me and told me to get my manager (which I am the manager) and then after she found some more games grumbled under her breath about how I'm a piece of shit and how she will never shop at GameStop again. And to wrap it up as she was leaving she shouted, in a full store mind you, "THIS FUCKING BUSINESS SHOULD BE BURNED TO THE GROUND FOR THE BULLSHIT THEY PULL. FUCK THIS PLACE AND ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES YOU USELESS PIECES OF SHIT."

Do you have Battletoads?

Do you stock Battletoads?

we are getting information on it on the 17th. I can't say any more than that.

Honestly we don't know anything either. And once we get information it's usually "classified" until Nintendo makes a statement to the general public.

No.

I have actually had 5 separate calls in the last month about that. But we do online I think..

what the fuck is going on here

cmon m8 i wana play psn

Well then you know more about it than I do. I don't have a direct link to Nintendo and that's just what i've been told. I haven't gotten any in the last few weeks so that would make sense.

That's illegal and I would lose my job and probably be sued. GameStop does not fuck around with internal theft.

no i meant if you had any that were yours

If I didn't take 10 seconds to pick a picture we would have posted at the same time

I don't have any PSN codes personally. I just have it set to pull money every 3 months. Sorry bruv.

Do you find this female human attractive?

You poor bastard. I did retail for about a year for my way better job I have now. People are just sick honestly man. They don't seem to realize that things like that aren't that fucking important.

If anyone doesn't find Emma Watson attractive they are lying to themselves regardless of gender or sexuality.

I already put in applications for another job and have an interview on Monday but I feel you man lol. My main motivation for going to college is that I won't have to work retail when I'm out.

Self bump cause I'm bored and drunk and want to answer more shit.

Wana fake a robbery?

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I was actually held at gunpoint for money a few months back. Part of the reason why I'm quitting lol

What about this female human?

Probably

How often do you think about suicide?

She has nice tits but the face is kinda throwing me off. 6/10

I tried back in my teens with a bottle of sleeping pills. But since that not at all lol

Same without the cat make up, and would you fuck Hera?

What I said Nintendo swatch? Do u?

Do you work with any females? Are they typical gamer gurls?

23.jpg isded? Anyone have it?

I feel like her boobs are really saggy without the bathing suit and she looks like she doesn't have an ass. That being said probably.

I work with 3. Two of them are not "typical" they're actually pretty ugly and the other one is alright but she used to be a rave girl so I wouldn't trust it. AMAZING ass though.

Have you ever fucked a coworker? Have you ever fucked anyone in your store?

Nope and no. I've thought about it occasionally but I don't think my girlfriend would go for it.

I'm a ex aussie EB games manager and I've always wondered if you guys over at gamestop have a stupid computer system that never fucking works and is completely bullshit with all the shortkeys and shit.

Also do you ahve any smart asses working for you? I had about 3 that were working for me over Christmas, just useless teenagers thinking its awesome to be apart of a gaming retailer that couldn't do fuck all and were awkward around customers.

Also I feel you about the black chick, we ahve aboriginals who are absulute apes who dont know how to use a console properly yet alone play a fucking game. "YOU FUCKING WHITE DAWG YOU GIB ME MY GAYME YOU SICK FUCKING DOG FUCKER CUNT" *smashes didgeridoos together*

How come the new games are always opened beforehand with the discs in seperate disc sleeves and shit.

What's your worst experience there so far?
Pros and cons of working there?
How would I go along to getting hired at my local Gamestop?
Why do you guys hire so many hipster white chicks who know jack shit?
Why are all nigger store managers huge cunts?

Yes, these are all serious questions.

Yeah I hate our system. It is the slowest thing since toasters and the shortkeys are never fucking accurate. I actually had one seasonal that really stood out to me. When he was restocking games on the wall if he saw a hole and there was a title that had two cases with it he would just take one of them and just put it in the hole, not wanting to take the time to move some shit around for 45 seconds. When I brought it up to him he just said "Well I filled the hole and the games are still on the wall what does it matter?" I fucking hated this kid cause he had no idea about any of the new titles or any consoles and just asked me a shit ton of retarded questions all day. But yeah he's gone now. What about yourself? Any smart asses?

As someone who used to live in a mainly abo town I got to say you just perfectly described them.

Those are our gutted copies. We do that so we can display the games on the wall without risk of people taking them. They are still new and the codes haven't been used it's just not in the plastic.

not op but I can answer why gaming retailers hire those girls.

the main reason being mostly diversity, and they also attract a large group of males into the store. Also, most of the time they are quite friendly and actually do play the games they sell.

Not much more of a reason tbh.

(I was a gamestop assisstant manager)

>Worst experience would be being held at gunpoint for like five grand in cash and some games.
>Pros would be the discount and the ability to check out games for a few days so we can get knowledge about them. Cons would be the pay, the hours, the super strict sales position, not really numbers just percent of pre-owned games (cause the company makes more off them), Power Up Rewards Pro cards, and trades. Also if you don't make those numbers for like 2 weeks at a time you get written up.
> If you go in there a lot and a manager knows their names just go in and talk to them about the job. Let them know you might apply soon and to keep an eye out for your name. Just don't spout off about your knowledge of every game in the world. That shit is annoying. Otherwise get to know the associates and manager and put in an application.
>God I don't fucking know but I hate them. I think it's cause GameStop has a lack of female workers so affirmative action takes over.
>I don't fucking know but you pretty much nailed it.

>tfw qt girl at gamestop
>always shy around me
>says I have a cute accent (I'm from Texas and moved to NYC)
>tfw don't know how to ask her out without bothering her at work

Oh god man I had to hire this one smart ass that thought he knew fucking EEEEEEEEEVERYTHING about the store, and about new releases etc. And he HATED to be proven wrong, which was most of the fucking time. He was one of those kids that were like "oh yeah I knew that" when you'd teach him something COMPELTELY new to the system. "Oh btw dude the fallout 4 launch is saturday, I'll teach you how to setup new pre-orders" - "Nah bro I know I know dont worry I'm not 12 okay". Gets it wrong for the ENTIRE night, and gave away almost 12 FREE FUCKING FALLOUT 4 LUNCH BOX SETS THAT ARE WORTH $140 EACH, THEN GIVES AWAY 16 PIP BOY EDITIONS FOR FREE ASWELL.

Other than that, just casual smart asses who think they are top shit.

Just fucking do it. The worst she can say is no. Maybe she;'s just a shy person or maybe shes into you but doesn't want to come off strong. Either way just fucking do it.

shit nigga just ask her out. Ask her for her help with something at gamestop then ask her if she wants to grab a bite to eat/drink sometime. you have got literally nothing to lose

I'm glad I can relate haha. They are literally apes.

Woah he gave away that much in preorder bonuses? What happened to him cause that's a lot of stuff man.

My Aussie friend pretty much described abys like that picture lol

Can I apply online or do I need to go into the store.

I've heard the stories about working there being shit, but I'm naive and need to scrape up a few bucks.

>*smashes didgeridoos together*

DO YOU SELL BATTLE TOADS FAGGOT?

It is shit. Don't get promoted cause being a GA is easy. It has to be online since we went paperless.

They write you up if you don't sell people enough shit they don't want or need? What kind of ass backwards fucking policy is that? Do they not intend on keeping their employees?

Least to say he got fired - we made him work for an extra 3 weeks without pay and if he didnt want to work he was threatened with a lawsuit so regardless he was fucked. funnily enough he now works for gametraders.

gamestop. com/games/battletoads/106618
out of stock bud

Thanks.

It's not raw sales it's a percent of transactions. Like I need to get 10% of my transactions to be pro cards and 20% to be trades and shit like that. It's a good business model but only hardcore gamers do that stuff and mom's buying Christmas gifts don't want any of that shit.

Ever fucked a coworker or customer in the back room?

After all that shit? Guess they didn't contact previous employers. That working without pay shit is funny though lol

No problem.
I asked my girlfriend about it once but there is always someone with me and cameras everywhere, especially in the back room so that's a no go.

I can only imagine how many kids lost their only source of income just because David McShoahberg didn't get enough Game Informer subscriptions.

I subscribed only once and that was to use for my bird's cage.

yeah he was let off fairly well, I told him I will be his reference because I like him (I lied). So every-time He applies for a new job I tell the Employer what he does, and what is really is like. They deserve to know, but by the looks of it he got rid of my preference for this position of game traders lol.

Well I'm about to quit cause the district manager is on my ass about that and doesn't see reason "no excuses only results" so I hope it's easy for him to find another manager on short notice.

Is Gamestop really as sleazy as I hear it is?

Well fuck him then I hope he gets fired again lol

Define sleazy.

cheers to that. hopefully I can ruin most applications rofl.

What are your pre-order sales like for the new xbox btw???

*walks in and starts shooting the shit with the cashiers while they're taking care of a big ass line of paying customers*

Like bullshit decisions that show they don't give a fuck about workers or quality, but rather the raw income they receive.

What can you be fired for divulging?

Also I have a follow-up question

Not available yet. I don't even know what it looks like.

What was the most purchased game during the holidays in your store? In our store, it was pokemon sun and moon.

I FUCKING HATE THAT. It's always some fat aspie teenager too that thinks I can relate to his weird Japanese sex PSVita games.

Oh what really? We have pre-orders coming through all ready... I thought America got everything like a month before us??? unless eb scored a month early deal with microsoft...

Well I've been written up four times "five is termination" because of

Company secrets, sensitive information about new consoles and games stuff like that. And shoot.

oh snap

greentext story plox

Infinite Warfare or Pokemon Sun and Moon.
Well shit man maybe you did. I haven't been there since yesterday so maybe something new popped up but idk

I will do that while answering other question. Give me a few.

fuck me eb actually scored something for once! well i'll be damned

cool, thanks Sup Forumsro, lurking around for the story

>few months back someone walks into my store right as we open with a mask on
>already knew what was happening
>walks up and tells me to lock the door and turn the sign off
>do it and walk back to the counter REALLY pissed off
>”you know what I’m here for right?”
>no fucking shit
“Money or games?”
>"Just want the money bro"
>bro?
>seriously?
>“Fine man there’s x in each register and y in the safe it’ll take ten minutes to open cool?
>”Fine just do it”
> take 3 tries to enter the combo cause my hands were shaking
>finally get it and he actually asks me about games that are coming out
>nervously laugh and reply to all his questions till the safe opens
>gave him the money in a bag and he walked out of the door
>call the police and give statement blah blah blah
They actually caught him a week later. Some highschool kid that bragged to his friends about knocking over a GameStop. Fucking idiot.

ah I fucked it up. I'm half a bottle deep on gin so my bad lol

lucky bastards lol. I will be preordering that as soon as it pops up

oh crap, that must have been pretty intense though, glad you made it through and they caught the guy

No kidding. Just the fact that he was in highschool made me lose my shit

Do you have battle toads?

No but we have Doom III

does gamestop really throw away perfectly fine working products?

do you reserve copies of games for yourself?

We don't throw away anything besides signage and trash. If something goes in the trash it's because some idiot didn't know what they're doing. Everything else that's broken gets sent back to the refurbishment center.

I put games on hold for myself yes. And I can also pre order games like anyone else. But if I haven't pre ordered and there is enough I will put one back for myself.

is there anything juicy about gamestop the public should/needs to know about gs. (our fellow anons)