Talk about how you feel about Red Hot Chili Peppers

Talk about how you feel about Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I want to talk about the first three albums.

i like them

they write the same 2 songs over and over again and have been getting away with it for 25 years

Ummm, they're hot, Chillia peppers, california?

Fair enough, shoot.

I think they are the best in the discography and all of my favorite songs are on the first three albums.

I miss John Frusciante, I used to love them a lot pre-Stadium Arcadium.

If I had to pick three albums that I thought were my favorite it's Californication, Blood Suger Sex Magik, and Stadium Arcadium and all above Stadium Arcadium have been kinda shitty to me.

Ah, a Johnfag.
Yeah I kind of don't really acknowledge the Chilis past Stadium Arcadium.

I really don't think Josh is that great of a guitarist. Dot Hacker was cool, but he just doesn't fill John's shoes. That and Flea's songwriting isn't anywhere near as good as John's. Also they keep trying to shove in corny piano segments where they don't belong.

Nowaday's I don't even listen to the new albums, The Getaway was shit and I'm With you was pretty bad.

The one getaway song I like is Dark Necessities.

The biggest problem is that they are pulling a Green Day and trying to be cool with the kids even though they're in their mid 50s. They have cheesed up their sound tremendously by trying to still make top 40s hits instead of just writing good music. It also seems like none of the new tracks are jams, like there is no energy on either of the two most recent albums.

I can't agree with this anymore.

I miss John too

With Josh you can kind of hear him near the very end of Stadium Arcadium. That's probably why I didn't like the second half of Stadium Arcadium as much as the First.

The only great album they made was ironically with a guitarist who wasn't a regular in the lineup. One Hot Minute (1996). Everything else they've made is execrable tripe.

Strong opinions but I respect your opinion, I fucking hate this opinion but I don't want to be an ass.

By The Way is a great album, otherwise I mostly prefer their early funkier stuff

I dunno why they're all of a sudden really commonly shit on. They were pretty well liked for a while it seems, but just recently it seems like its really common to find people saying they're god awful and were never any good, etc etc.

They're a hits band. I enjoy their tunes when they pop up, but I'm not really familiar with their newer stuff.

At one time they had a lot of personality and could crank out a damn good tune with surprising regularity. Slowly they turned into this totally perfunctory unit that never made anything above average. This happens to lots of bands in every era, from the Stones to Foo Fighters, but it's very noticeable with RHCP I think.

It really only became a problem with Stadium Arcadium, which is one of the most bland albums I've ever heard. It really made me sad. But if we're being honest, By the Way and especially Californication were more than a couple notches beneath the excellent Blood Sugar Sex Magik (One Hot Minute can be excused as being part of a "lost period"). Didn't help that Rick Rubin just kept getting lazier, can't believe it took them 15 years to give him the boot.

>"One Hot Minute can be excused"
>implying One Hot Minute wasn't just their only album worth actually listening to, but a masterpiece

Mein gott, you are pleb as FUCK. Can't you just hang yourself, already?

John Frusciante is a better solo artist honestly.

At this point I can't tell if posts like these are bait or if people really are this dense.

Yes a lot of their Frusciante era singles were pretty samey. But they're actually a really versatile band.

I love the first three, especially Freaky Styley. I think Hillel was a great guitarist and had a really cool sound. I even dig his work with What Is This? I really wonder what the fourth RHCP album would have been like with Hillel still in the band.

That being said I also dig the first album. This might be heresy but I think Jack Sherman's playing was really good on Green Heaven and I much prefer it to the demo with Hillel playing.

BSSM
OHM
UMPP
FS
BTW
MM
RHCP
Californication
SA
The Getaway
IWY

anthony kiwis or whatever his name is