So apparently Sulu is gay now. The next Star Trek movie will feature him and his boyfriend adopting an infant child

So apparently Sulu is gay now. The next Star Trek movie will feature him and his boyfriend adopting an infant child.

What do you think about this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154
hollywoodreporter.com/news/simon-pegg-i-respectfully-disagree-909283
dailycaller.com/2015/02/22/cnn-contributor-im-gay-and-i-want-my-kid-to-be-gay-too/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_in_Star_Trek#LGBT_in_Star_Trek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They can't keep getting away with it.

It's unfortunate.

>gays adopting a child
That's child abuse desu senpai.

forgot the article

hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154

Who's "they"? I hope you aren't implying something offensive

I thought sulu was always gay???

Can't they just make a movie about space exploration? I don't want any relationship nonsense in Star Trek, whether it's straight or gay.

DUDE HOMOPHOBIA LMAO

The actor is. The character isn't.

I think this whole gay Sulu thing should've been shut down the moment they didn't recieve George's blessing. They had plenty of time to reverse their decision and it sounds like a minor detail. Now they get some weirdass, possibly bad press for it. So strange.

nuStar Trek: We are making Sulu gay to honor George Takei.
George Takei: That's unfortunate. I told you not to do that.
nuStar Trek: Fuck you George shut up!

This is bullshit

If they want a gay character, then make a gay character and have him or her work on the basis of their own merit

I can't believe I actually agree with that obnoxious faggot Takei

that's how it looks, but sulu's doing it to keep cred for the orginal star trek, but this then gives crd tot he new and honor the old and sulus keeping honor for gene and everyones happy

except for you.

you'll never be happy.

Simon Pegg's response: "I disagree"

hollywoodreporter.com/news/simon-pegg-i-respectfully-disagree-909283

What an ass.

“He’s right, it is unfortunate, it’s unfortunate that the screen version of the most inclusive, tolerant universe in science fiction hasn’t featured an LGBT character until now,"

it's true, Taki even talked about how the only reason that Gene didn't do it was fear of being cancelled they already had the first interracial kiss, which shows how conservative they are. i mean seeing a girls bellybutton was considered indecent.

no shit.

It doesn't bother me at all but if the original intention was to honor Takei then I think they probably ought to have respected his wishes.

Simon Pegg is a hypocritical english cunt

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control." - Simon Pegg

Quinto said the same thing.

“He’s right, it is unfortunate, it’s unfortunate that the screen version of the most inclusive, tolerant universe in science fiction hasn’t featured an LGBT character until now,"

TAKEI SAID THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE A TOKEN GAY CHRACTER.

COME ON

SULU WAS FUCKING GAY

HE'S A GAY MAN

HE'S ALWAYS BEEN GAY

HE'LL ALWAYS BE GAY

that's NERD culture like girls saying "OMFG I AM SUCH A NERD I WATCH BUFFY"

You me and every other faggot on Sup Forums doesn't identify as nerd, yet we are.

NErd culture is for normies.

Kek

He's mad that he's spiraled into irrelevance without Nick Frost. Star Trek and shitty Netflix movies are all he has left.

>grown adults getting their tits in a tangle over fucking Star Trek
loving every laugh

they keep doing this and no faggots are thanking them by seeing in twice

its time to stop

Why is these people's idea of social justice always about taking something established and popular and changing it to promote their ideals?

>It's Ghostbusters but with WOMEN
>It's James Bond but he's BLACK
>It's Star Trek but this established character is suddenly GAY
>It's Batman but he's TRANS now

So introduce a new character that's gay, don't change an existing character to suit your needs

That's what "social justice" is, user; "I want to see more things I agree with, without putting in any effort myself."

I thought Sulu was always gay?
We got a new James bond?
Wasn't the last Villain Gay?
Ben Affleck is trans now?
wow... you learn so much.

you fuckers think this SJW is a trend that's going to be permanent.

LAWL, it's just a fad, no one is but hurt about Hunger Games being a female lead.

>Sulu never had an onscreen love interest during Star Trek's initial three-season run. He did mention a daughter, Demora, who appeared in 1994's Star Trek Generations, the seventh film in the series

>the 1995 Star Trek novel The Captain's Daughter. "It was, to put it crudely, a one-night stand with a glamazon," Takei explains. "A very athletic, powerful and stunningly gorgeous woman. That’s Demora’s mother."

That's called token character that Takei suggested to do. That's dumb. Sulu should have been gay but Gene was always against there being anything like that in his trek.

He was pushing it doing interracial.

The show was ahead of the time.

Sulu's just keeping it real for the orginal trekkies, it's obvious.

>George Takei is still alive
Color me surprised

There would be no queers in the ST universe earth, because everyone is perfectly healthy, mentally and otherwise, due to extremely advanced medical technology.

Nobody would ever allow their child to be born gay (or become gay) in such a world.

BECAUSE THESE CHARACTERS WERE CREATED WHEN THERE WERE JIM CROW LAWS HURTING PEOPLE OF COLOR (WHICH IS NOT MUCH WORSE THAN NOW) AND LGBTQIAAP PEOPLE WERE FORCED TO BE IN THE CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takei was always gay, the novel wasn't done by gene, this doesn't violate gene's wishes. fuck yall, i love takei and i think it's great.

It's only token if you treat it like that.

Make a well written character instead.

No, turn Sulu gay for no reason and ride the waves of social justice journalists, earn tons of cash. They are already taking after Ghostbusters. Maybe they should Make Spock trans as well.

HIV+ individuals undergoing treatment on average now live 10 years longer than anybody else.

>Nobody would ever allow their child to be born gay (or become gay) in such a world.
Yeah no. Messed up people want their kids to be gay in our world. What would make ST any different.

dailycaller.com/2015/02/22/cnn-contributor-im-gay-and-i-want-my-kid-to-be-gay-too/

(You)

they were not planning on making it a big point, if you want half the movie to be about non-cannon chracters then go ahead.

So you think you know better than Takei? Is it because he's gay, it's that why you think his wishes doesn't matter?

slightly wrong here. it does include a lot of people from this website and completely indicts them: this includes both normie and neckbeard "nerds" who only ever spend time obsessing over passive entertainment whilst avoiding intellectually demanding works in these mediums.

a culture that approaches passive entertainment with any kind of elitism is an atrophied culture.

the average Sup Forums poster who barely reads any serious literature but still loves to ramble on about how bandwagoning capeshit fans will never understand kino like they do are more than included.

also there is like 22 days of content of star trek, non of it is about a gay person, but mostly every other issue from abortion to AI rights.

Gay girl.

So she hopes her daught will kiss a girl and like it?

OH SHIT THATS FUCKED UP MAN

MENTAL ILLNESS ALERTS

I've not seen Monsters Inc in years. Remind me again what got her so worked up.

And you watched 5 minutes of those 22 days I presume?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_in_Star_Trek#LGBT_in_Star_Trek

Fuck off you dumb faggot

I thought takei was full blown libtard, as in the toxic kind who constantly spews gay people rock and how donald trump is going to start ww3.

Why is he saying that?

I don't think Takei knows more about Star Trek then me. He just knows Gene. He's doing it out of respect.

Think of how it would go if he was GLAD Sulu was gay. He would seem like a SJW stoolie and would make a name for Gays for wanting to spread their gayness. That's the stereotype people have for them. Gays try to make other people gay. Fucking simpsons episode about it even.

This is working out on a high level then Sup Forums can think.

>Captain, I am obligated to inform you of a new development.

>What is it now Spock? *sigh*

>Captain, I must inform you of the new pronouns which you may refer to me by. Please refer to this pamphlet.

>What is this Spock? We don't have time for this.

>Under Federation Law section 4 subsection 11a, you must facilitate any requests from your crew members to transition to a new gender or species.

>Spock there are DAMNED KLINGONS off the port bow! Man your station!

>Captain....I am now a Klingon and I do not appreciate you disparaging my species. I will be forced to make a detailed report of this in my daily log.

for me, a nerd is an enthusiast.

>I don't think Takei knows more about Star Trek then me.

corporate pandering. they want asses in seats so they pretend to care about SJW shit.

suits actually think like this, that making one of the characters gay will somehow make gay people want to come see the movie. like this is going to affect the box office draw. fucking pathetic.

They wouldn't be messed up either, because proper treatment.

No fags on ST earth post unification. Please do not insist that wanting to get another man's shit on your dick is somehow "natural", and not a product of mental illness or negative environmental factors.

>On July 7, 2016, it was announced that the film Star Trek Beyond would portray Hikaru Sulu as being in a same-sex relationship raising a daughter. This would make him the first main openly gay character in the Star Trek film franchise.

The last line in that article.

You're an idiot, and yes I know more about Star Trek then Takei. He's also the only cast member I have a photo with. I fucking love that guy from the bottem of my heart. It's apic of me and my wife kissing him.

So FUCK ALL YALL MUTHA FUCKAS HERE

FOR NOW

AND FOREVER!

PLEBS

NOTHING BUT PLEBS

Turning Sulu gay just to have a gay character is tokenism too.

The dude's not a big fan of it. And most of the orginal cast doesn't remember much of the show or most of the movies. They are not fans of the franchise they just get paid well for making appearances.

>that making one of the characters gay will somehow make gay people want to come see the movie

No, it makes "progressive" normies want to come see the movie, so they can get their tolerance feels.

It's literally a drug. Dopamine response from seeing something "progressive" happen. Basically a fetish.

and:

>In a 2008 interview, Ronald D. Moore responded to the question of why there were few gay characters in science fiction in general and none on Star Trek.

Jadzia Dax was gay you idiot. Remember when she kissed a woman?

Except for the random fact that Takei is gay, and even suggested to gene to make the character gay.

in a pool.

It's in the article above.

check it.

That's not tokenism, that's RETCON.

Takei is quoting Star Trek novels in the article you dumbshit, he knows what he's talking about

That's actually a hetreosexual inside an opposite gender. but yeah, true enough. and kirk and uhura are the first interracial kiss on tv.

Jadzia had a fucking worm in her guts fucking with her brain. Symbiote relationships are pretty complex.

He knows his character. He's paid to know about his character.

the sjws

eh people have been calling sulu gay for a while now

i think the producers are just trying to meme star trek fans on

Not homophobia, simply statistics.

>it’s unfortunate that the screen version of the most inclusive, tolerant universe in science fiction hasn’t featured an LGBT character until now,"
it also has better medical treatment
mental illness can be cured which is why you see no faggots or men walking around in a dress and wig on the enterprise

that too. point is, it's about money.

Quintos a faggot. Of course he's going to tow the line. This is to be expected.

It was expected from Takei as well, but he surprised me. Id say his word on Sulu trumps anyone else's

within the context of the quote if we really want to play semantics those type of "nerds" are just garden-variety pop culture geeks if anything.

which is fine and all i don't have some pretentious war against low art but if you're not balancing that out with works that are very intellectually demanding then what do you really want me to tell you here?

Shut the fuck up you dumbass.

If I want to hear from an asshole Ill fart.

Quite fortunate for you that you can't laugh in my face.

Quite fortunate indeed.

It was a topic of heated debate. it was in the early TNG but it's also why a show that covered social issues from the 60's on never talked about gay even a single time upon the entire show.

Nothing was taboo. Fucking Troi got raped and impregnated, but not even a single lesbian.

You telling me that lesbians are a mental illness. That women fucking each other is gross wrong and an abomination unto god.

Kirk even stood up for the ONE TRUE GOD against Apollo himself. But yet dykes are just the worse.

I don't understand the need for your religions but that's a bigger delusion.

>I thought Sulu was always gay?

Of course he isn't. Takei of all people would have made a point of it long ago. He was fine with Sulu being straight

>The actor, then 31 and famous for his role as Hikaru Sulu, helmsman of the USS Enterprise, swam up to his boss and "had a conversation with him, a very private one. I was still closeted, so I did not want to come out to him."

>Nevertheless, Takei — who announced he was gay in 2005 — was fully attuned to the gay equality conversation gaining momentum at the time. He felt it was a topic worth exploring on the socially minded science-fiction series, which had previously tackled issues like the Civil Rights movement and the Vietnam War through keenly observed allegory.

>But the show had recently seen its lowest ratings ever, with an episode featuring TV's first interracial kiss between Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Uhura, which NBC affiliates in the South refused to air. While sympathetic to his star's pitch, Roddenberry felt he was in no position to take those kinds of risks.

>"He was a strong supporter of LGBT equality," recalls Takei, now 79. "But he said he has been pushing the envelope and walking a very tight rope — and if he pushed too hard, the show would not be on the air." Alas, the show was canceled the following season anyway.

It reminds me how they gave Sulu a katana instead of a rapier in the first movie just because the character was Asian. During the original broadcast when the idea of giving Sulu an interest in swordsmanship, Takei insisted Sulu be an Errol Flynn style fencer rather than a walking Asian cliche.

Tone deaf moments like this riddle the reboot.

yeah... because him pulling out a fencing sword would have made sense to anyone?

It's not a 100 folded blade.

While Im sure there are many people who know more about Star Trek than Takei, it is fair to assume that he would know more about Sulu as a character

That's knowing about one character in one of the biggest Sci-Fi series of all time.

It even dwarfs Dr. Who. I shit ya not. Star Wars is like a miniseries compared.

Is there a point you're trying to make with those quotes?

Does anyone even give a fuck about New Star Trek?

I mean, I know dumb people watch it because it has explosions. But that shit is so forgettable, its just generic space action with occasional call backs to the franchise.

When they reboot this shit in 10 years, will the new Spock go back in time too?

Dude leftist cuckoldry lmfao

>fuck, I finally nailed a walk on role and I forgot to wear pants. Just be cool

And Sulu only ran around with the rapier in ONE episode for maybe a minute because he was tripping space balls. Yet people seem to think that's a core component of his character.

But JJ Trek was always characterized based solely on normie pop culture PERCEPTION of Star Trek to sell it to normies. JJ never gave a shit about Star Trek's heart and soul, and it showed.

In their defense, which they probably didn't even consider, the fact that he had a foil to run around with implies he has an interest in fencing.

You know what really is gay?

Liking Sci-fi

One of the saving graces of DC is that Batman has always and will probably always be Batman. Even when he "died" he was replaced by white males, there's no 15 year old sassy black girl Batman and even r 63 Batman is a side thing that never gets referenced in the main line.

>“He’s right, it is unfortunate, it’s unfortunate that the screen version of the most inclusive, tolerant universe in science fiction hasn’t featured an LGBT character until now,"
>Who is Jadzia Dax
>Who is Mirror Kira

Pegg is a fucking moron.

>It's Superman but he's a muslim now.

I think that's probably because batgirl exists

all the sjws complain about her instead

Honestly someone needs to nuke modern comics from orbit, fire all the current SJW pandering writers and artists and hire completely new staff

I honestly didnt know Sulu was straight.. Like, its not an issue, he's just there to stear the ship. His sexuality isnt relevant at all.

Thats what bugs me, that now they has to have a scene that showcases what makes his dick hard. Like fucking why?

Its like the trope the "not-gays" where they have scenes dedicated to showing how much of a straight person a character is, and now they're making a new one "have-gays". Brilliant.

because in the end "social justice" is not about bringing postive change but simply destroying western norms.

there is a reason why Stalin used to refer to radicle lefties that tried to destroy america from within as useful idiots.

sjws are the same way. only the don´t even realize the are being used to destroy the foundations of the very society that gave them the privileges to be a complaining bitch in the first place

isn´t Sulu like ultra racist?
didn´t he call a black judge that spoke out against gay marriage a nigger or something on twitter?

where does this imply that he fears homos?