Stuck in the hospital Sup Forumsros. I have appendicitis and have to have surgery to have it removed in a few hours...

Stuck in the hospital Sup Forumsros. I have appendicitis and have to have surgery to have it removed in a few hours. What was your worst hospital visit? Tell me your tales Sup Forumsretheren!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tlau7bna9sU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I ran into a sharp edge of a door corner thing. Stitches across both eyebrows.

Damn. How many stitches did you get?

When i had appendicitis. It burst and I had septicemia and nearly died. I left hospital weighing 44kg @ 6'3

That didnt both me, it was having to spend 2 fucking weeks on a ward with some nutters (old people)

Damn that sounds horrible. Did you end up with sepsis in your blood or something? My appendix is just inflamed. Theyre afraid it could burst so theyre taking it out

I had that when I was in the 5th grade, the fucking doctors tricked me, they told me surgery was gonna be in 2 days, next thing I know I wake up and the surgery is done, fuckin gassed me while I was asleep.

What assholes. Was it painful? How old?

or the time i ripped off a toe. had an old priest on the same ward who had lost his marbles, spent the nights accusing me of "fucking his wife" i didnt sleep well, was expecting to wake to him choking me or something

Jesus. How the hell did you rip your toe off?!

like 9 or 10 years old, didnt hurt, just coudnt walk without assistance for a few days. FUCKING TELL THEM U WANT THE sTITCHES THAT GO AWAY BY THEM SELVES.

I had diverticulitis. Was prescribed clonazepam at the time, and had taken it while in the waiting room. Told the nurse I didn't need any pain medication, but she gave me hydromorphone and I spent the next 6 hours vomiting.

The police brought some nigger in who was complaining about a headache. He rambled about random shit to himself while handcuffed to his bed with an officer watching him.

The nurse gave me the worst IV I've ever had. She probably spent 30 seconds fishing around my arm for a vein.

Spent a few days in a room on antibiotics until I was discharged. This part of the hospital wasn't too bad.

NHS fucked me over. doc refused to see me all day, when i got there i was sent to hospital immediately and it was removed within 30mins of arriving. I was fucking awful.

Sounds like it aint so bad for you and they do this all via keyhole now, mine was open surgery

had an old lady shouting "My paul, my paul" over and over day and night

Noted. Last time I had surgery on my stomach they didnt give me those and one of my incisions got infected.

ironically on a stannah stairlift... lost balance on stairs because of a fecknig cat, my foot went under the stairlift rail and toe got caught, i fell down stairs, toe stayed under the bracket lol

i ended up using that same lift for a few weeks, it was mocking me...

God sounds like hell. Yeah everything is laparoscopic these days thankfully.

That makes my stomach turn ouch. Were they at least able to reattach it?

yup, its fine, can feel it etc, but i tell you, its harder to walk without putting weight on yah big toe than you would think

Its like the main toe that keeps your balance right?

my worst was probably when I had found some necco wafers in my drawer, ate them despite them being necco wafers (which are pretty bad) and forgetting that i'd stashed them away because they had acid on them. I ate them, got in my car, drove to school, and on my way walking through the parking lot I totally lost track of everything and the security guards were like "that boy ain't right" and called an ambulance.

had a very nice heroine addict in the next bed. seriously he was sound, helped me sit up and sorted my pillows.

Oh and the buggers staved me for a day longer than they should have. doc told me i would now eat, but forgot to remove the "NILL BY MOUTH" sign from the bottom of my bed. I pleaded with the nurses to check with the doc but they refused, i was tired and on a lot of morphine so didnt have much fight left. waited till the next day. hand eaten in 5 days lol. all i had was a glass of water and a sponge, i wasnt allows to drink it, just wet the sponge to stop my lips cracking

NHS FTW

yup, certainly is.

pic very relaetd

Omg the nail dude

heroin*

Jesus I would have reported those nurses honestly

yeah id previously crushed that toe, nail never grew right after lol

not my last bad experience with the NHS

oh and those fecking stiches were THROUGH the nail

i died when i had a fight with Steve Seagull

You sound Polish.

I had my appendix out too, but i was only like 2 weeks old. Apparently I was sick as fuck and dying so they cut that shit outta me and now 36 years later I'm still alive.

Nope, you died. This isnt real.

Oh shit son.

Apprendicitis. Shit got infected and the doc had to reopen the incision and scoop the puss out with a spoon. Very uncomfortable painful feeling having someone scraping your guts with a spoon.

Someone should slap an actual dressing on that IV...

i got a very heavy "migraine" with all the aura effects. Went to the hospital and they found a brain tumor. Had it removed within 2 days. Went back home in a week. Im good now.

been getting those for years, I go blind when it happens (except for kidn a pretty yellow geometric patterns).

Had a CT scan and all clear. sounds like you got lucky there user

yah i keep getting these migraine effects without the headache often though and it scares the shit out of me. Need checkups every 6mo -12mo

A year and a half ago I had to have a small section of my intestines removed due to my Crohns disease.

The surgery itself wasn't too bad, but a couple of days after I tried eating something for the first time. It didn't pass well, so I proceeded to throw up. Then I threw up again. Then I threw up again after that. Once more. Then for few hours I was dry heaving constantly because nothing was left inside. Relief finally came when they stuck a tube down my nose into my stomach to pump out anything left (blood mostly).

Turns out I was left like this for 5 hours because someone down the hall was in the process of dying. I had big bruises on my abdomen and my recovery time was extended by two weeks because of that.

My auras often come without a headache but yeah, you need to keep on top of checking that shit

They have to keep repoking me because im so dehydrated so I think theyre leaving it so its easier.

Looks pretty normal to me. With mine they left a tap open and i squirted blood a good meter. i lold

Stomach ulcers, it was only admitted for around 24 hours, but the fucking pain and puking that follows with that shit is just nasty.

Had mine for a decade now.take one pill a day that make life wonderful (well i dont vomit acid anymore)

OP YOUR A BITCH. HOSPITAL IS FOR BITCHES

I would have to say my worst hospital visit is when I got stabbed and slashed by bigger crazy cracked out black guy

>mfw op is still a bitch

Was in hospital because my intestine went inside itself.
They took off 15cm of bad tissue, nearly died.
Spent a month in hospital, couldn't walk for two weeks. Pic related

Story 1:
>1 and a half, New Years
>Mom making shit in kitchen
>Troublemaker me comes in and grabs at a pot of boiling water, pouring it all over my neck, chest, and part of my right forearm
>shirt makes burning worse
>Doctor says burns are up to 3rd degree, going to need surgery up until very early teens
>First surgery on Monday
>Dad, a preacher, calls for prayer for me
>Hospital calls next morning: "Son's healed up enough to go home, don't know how. Come get him"
>Go home

Story 2:
>Still a dick kid
>About 3 or so, can still kind of remember it
>Steal sister's book and run
>Trip and gash open chin on a rocking chair
>Mom about to punish me for stealing from my sister, notices she can see BONE
>Remember crying, then waking up less in pain.
>Parametics take me to see Sharon, Lois & Bram in concert
>Dance around in hospital slippers
>Go home

Story 3:
>31 going on 32, 2013
>Tail end of March
>Wake up, start up my laptop, and go on Sup Forums
>Suddenly feel like I got kicked in the chest by a mule
>Stupid me, decide to google symptoms
>Google: CALL AN AMBULANCE YOU DUMB FUCK!
>Get to hospital, get a bunch of tests done, because why not
>They find out what it is: Dissected Aortic Aneurysm or something.
>Basically born with a fucked (split) heart valve, which caused blood to gradually pool into the walls of my aorta for almost 32 fucking years unnoticed
>Until today. Today, it's fixing to burst. If it bursts, bye bye user. (they tell me all this later, btw)
>They call my dad in Saskachewan (I was in alberta at the time; Fort McMurray.), try to explain situation in laymen's terms
>Dad trained as a doctor before getting "The Call", knows what's up
>Hospital sends me to a more suitable facility in Edmonton, by air, to get surgery. Parents vow to get there asap, along with another sister, who lived in Saskatchewan at the time, in tow. Other sister lives in Edmonton, but she's busy, so she'll get there later.

to be cont.

fucked up a corner at 90mph on my bike
youtube.com/watch?v=Tlau7bna9sU

>Calm as fuck by now, despite possible death any minute now.
>Ready to die. If this is my moment so be it, God. Sorry for all the faps, sorry for eating like a pig.
>Go into surgery, do the usual "Getting Put Under" shit, don't remember passing out
>Wake up later, with about a gazillion tubes and shit poking out of me, including one jammed down my throat. Talked like Paul Bearer for a week.
>Have a gag reflex, try to remove it with what feels like T-rex arms, but nurses notice, and stop me in time
>Pass out, and when I wake up, my family is all there. Apparently they'd been there earlier, when they put the breathing tube in
>Actually, they'd taken it out, but I didn't want to breathe on my own, so sister 2 got slightly traumatized by their attempts to revive me.
>Put tube back in. and I had to deal with it when I woke up again, whereupon tube got removed
Apparently they gave me too much sleepy juice, because they tried to get me to sit on the side of the bed to eat, but I fell off; the guy monitoring me had to call my attending physician to give me some kind of booster to wake me up more. Fun. I remember none of this. Anyway
>Now stable enough, get moved to new room.
>Have to decide where I'm going to stay while I get better, and i'll be fucked if I'm staying in Fort Mac
>Decide to stay with parents for the 3 months they figure I'll need.
>They tell my parents I'll be in the hospital for two more weeks. They go home.
>See story one. They literally get home, get the dog out of the kennel and when they step in the door get a call to come get my well-enough-to-leave ass
>Get given a bunch of prescriptions to pick up on the way home, and my surgeon tells my dad to drive slow, maybe take three days to get me home.
>Dad goes "Sure."
>Then proceeds to get me home in a day and change, and that's only because of a slight hiccup in getting one of my pill prescriptions filled.
>Got better in two and a half months