Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/pitchfork-gives-music-68-2278
youtube.com/watch?v=clDtiewclmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's the point of this thread

>it's old
>therefore it's good

fucking classicist retards

I was listening to this yesterday, such a masterpiece.
Apparently this isn't even his best release but I haven't dived into Gould's discography much.

Nice, now Bach is equal to Kanye.

>when p4k pretends to know anything about metal, electronic and classical music

>Gould
trash.jpg

>Gould

philip sherburne knows his shit when it comes to electronic music. he's one of the few good writers on p4k

they should stick to overhyping little nigglet this weeks disposable meme rapper, and beyonce swift to get clicks

>metal
doesn't take much inteliggence to know that its all shit

his work is finally complete, music can go home now

theonion.com/article/pitchfork-gives-music-68-2278

Lets not go to far

youtube.com/watch?v=clDtiewclmg

If i were running a music website i would break the critics into teams, one team would be in one room and they would specialize in a genre, i would force them at gun point to read books, watch documentaries, learn the history, and search for the future of the genre.

Bach didn't get Best New Music though, so Kanye is still superior

>This album has no cultural relevance in the current year so I don't know how to review it. I'm just going to give it a 10 because I heard Classical people think Bach is rad, and I don't want people to know that I don't know anything about music

>“In the end, though music can be brilliant at times, the whole medium comes off as derivative of Pavement.”

they would need a lot of balls to give fucking Bach anything but a perfect 10

>(((Goldberg)))

>le triple parenthesis meme
simply ebin

I suppose not

ehhh, Zhu Xiao-Mei's rendition is better imo.

Or you could have some knowledge of music performance and rate it based on Gould's interpretation of Bach's work, and the recording quality.
It's such a cop out to just give a 10 just because the guy's name is known to be important.

wow, edgy

Slit your fucking throat retard

Slit your fucking throat retard

That's not the be all and end all of critiquing music, thank god

Hey Phil

This nigga unironically listens to Grimes kek

honestly this shit annoys me to no end. Like they pick some old classic "certified fresh" album and slap a 9+ on it like it's an actual take? or some famous artist dies and they validate that artists career by handing out 5-7 really high scores so that everyone can know that pitchfork knew what was UP, man.

But my least favorite is when they retroactively give one of those high scores to an album in a genre that they know nothing about. Like giving A Love Supreme a 10, like their opinion on jazz matters, or like they have any qualification to comment on the genre at all. They're just shouting into the void so that maybe the void will shout "wow, great taste!" back. Shit drives me nuts.

András Schiff is the best variation.

What is their fucking criteria on scores at this point anyway? Are they trying to tell me the Goldberg Variations are on the same fucking scale as a Kanye West Album?

>deleted
(((mods)))

Debatable. Gould's interpretation is fascinating, to say the least.

Canadian treasure, that man.

The piano is not a harpsichord Gouldy my boy. That interpretation is an 8/10 at best.

>piano

I feel like they are getting lazy, i read their essay on ok computer and it was like a parody of liberalism.

"AND YOU SEE, THIS SONG RADIOHEAD WROTE, IF YOU READ THE LYRICS, IS ALSO ABOUT HOW TRUMP IS A MEAN DOODY HEAD"

Keith Jarret version is better though

Gustav Leonhardt version is better though

It's usually split 50/50 between this and the 1981 recording, I prefer that one

Keith Jarrett's is by far the worst interpretation I've heard, harpsichord or otherwise. It's so bland and limpid. He was wise to not try injecting himself too heavily into the music, but the result is a pretty meh performance. He's one of my favourite pianists, but he should stick to jazz if he's only planning on doing classical to show he can.

Holy shit this. I thought they'd give a fresh and interesting look on the album but all it was was OMG SEE HOW THOM YORKE PREDICTED TRUMP