I'd never seen this film for some reason, and it's been a fucking while since a film has made me feel something...

I'd never seen this film for some reason, and it's been a fucking while since a film has made me feel something. It also made me realise that movies these days are literal dogshit, it's been like 4 years since a movie has actually made me feel something. Why did movies become so shit?

Most overrrated movie of all time, and it aged poorly.

Because movies aren't made with love anymore.

Movies made with passion for the movie are usually the best ones, not Oscar bait 2deep4us.

You have terrible taste. This movie is a mediocre tripe.

TSR is overrated, but you're somewhat right. I also feel that most recent movies are soulless.

>it aged poorly
Exactly how did it age poorly?

>Brooks was here

90's Oscar bait movie tropes don't really hold up. Maybe in another 10 years it will become kitsch, but I recently just rewatched it and it was painfully silly.

If you don't see it, go rewatch Father of the Bride and imagine that movie coming out today. There's just a certain 90's aesthetic that's been done to death and seems absurd now, and it hasn't been long enough for it to have gotten to the point where it's so bad it's become good again.

>I'd never seen this film
>It also made me realise that movies these days are literal dogshit
> it's been like 4 years since a movie has actually made me feel something
well I don't think you watch or know many movies if you hadn't seen Shawshank redemption until today, there are many good movies coming out every year

My most fav movie of all time.

I'm going through a lot of movies I never watched atm. Name one good movie which came out this year, that will give me the same feeling.

>Name one good movie which came out this year, that will give me the same feeling

Different user, but if you haven't even seen SR until just recently you're obviously so new to the medium that you wouldn't appreciate anything non-entry level.

That's not an answer you pretentious shithead. Nice job avoiding it though.

you didn't answer the question

>a certain 90s aesthetics

Oh good. I was afraid you were going to be vague about it.

I don't know what kind of feeling you got from Shawshank redemption but the movies from this year that I liked the most are Everybody Wants Some and Knight Of Cups, there are more good movies but they are more genre oriented

I've actually watched it yesterday after ages. It still holds up. The film is well-done in literally every aspect they were going for. The acting, the cinematography, the music, the story, the overall direction, the film fires on all cylinders. The ending, again, had me choked up. It's a bit overrated, sure, but does it deliver and then some? You bet.

wtf Knight Of Cups has like 5.8 IMDB yeah... I think I'll pass this one

Watch more movies. An example of something that looks ridiculous today was given. Aside from the shitposting culture, Sup Forums is the worst board because people spoonfeed, and there's no inkling of self-moderation.

damn it took me this long to know it was a bait thread

Daily reminder to be wary of the opinions of pleb chinps until you've actually seen a movie and have been able to evaluate it for yourself.

Do you read what you type before you post, or are you a natural idiot?

Some movies are timeless, some movies are distinctive of a certain period (think noir, or 50's B science fiction), and then some movies just deserve to be lost to time. Shawshank Redemption is in the 3rd category; it's cheesy as fuck and almost painful to watch. What's your argument?

Its probably just pretentious tripe. Film seems to have devolved and split into pretentious wankery and lowest common denominator fart joke humor.

You have autism.

It's funny you say it didn't age well considering it is more popular now than it was when it was released.

*downvote*

That's like saying le sad frog man is more popular now than what he was while exclusive to 4shlongs

It was never good, just another injected meme

;_;

Never saw the movie, until a month ago, really liked it, comfy prison drama. Certainly better than most prison dramas and especially comedies that has come after.

ALRIGHT BOYS

Time for some top prison movies

TOP OF THE LIST:
Escape from Alcatraz

RECENT BUT GOOD:
Escape Plan

What else?
In order from good to bad:
The Rock
Escape from New York
Fortress
Fortress 2
Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption

Watch anime faggot. All feels

Knight of Cups is filled with women.

The complete absence of women is what makes Shawshank the stealth homoerotic classic it has become.

Get your prison movie facts straight

The Dark Knight Rises>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else