What's the point of making a "No" sign?

What's the point of making a "No" sign?

NASA would have to be receiving him to even see it.

just turn your brain off bro

It would affect the conversation later on after that. When he wanted to ask other questions. I don't think he had much else to do at that time.

because he was a funny man and thought if they said no it would be a funny joke

get it? because in order to say "no" the answer would in reality be "yes" so that makes it funny in a sarcastic way it's a funny movie bro like what's your problem

he was going to need it anyway and can think ahead 2 steps cause hes not a retard like you

Because he needed to ask more questions after his initial question.

They make the ASCII wheel thing pretty much immediately after they establish contact. There's never any shots of him putting up other signs.

SO they knew that turning the camera answered the questions.
"Why the hell does it say yes over there next to the question?

I think I laughed when I saw it. Sorry if the joke went over your head DUDE.

Do people actually think The Martian is a dumb movie???

Is that a thing?

really?

It is dumb

>I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this!

They're scientists user, it probably only took them a second to ask themselves "How could we possibly communicate with him? All we can really do is rotate this robo- ohhhh."

>he likes reddit movies

LMAO

By having both Yes and No there he's explaining that they're supposed to move the camera to Yes in case they ever read the sign.

If it just said Yes there's a chance that his intention of the signs would get lost.

Do you honestly believe that fucking NASA wouldn't figure out "POINT THE CAMERA AT YES" if there wasn't a "NO" sign?

I laughed so hard I just started spraying my room down with piss it's leaking through the carpet and there is a baby now crying on the floor below me and a lady swearing

You might as well make your intentions perfectly clear with no chance of misinterpretation.
He was just a potato farmer in the desert. He didnt have to half ass it.

one of the smartest films of this decade

It's the only movie I have went to a theater to see in years.

Who hates jason borne and realistic sci-fi?

Sorry if there's not enough blue fire explosions and kryptonite spears for you. This was something that Neil DeGrasse Tyson talked about with Bill Nye, so fuck if that's reddit movies, I'll keep that. You can keep BvS.

reddit

you know, I just see reddit as the new Yahoo Questions page, since you faggots trolled the fuck out of that.

so probably true.

This. Also it reduces the possibility of it being a fluke or malfunction if it went to the right sign.