Sup Forums, whats the best coding language to learb for begginers?

Sup Forums, whats the best coding language to learb for begginers?

Basic

Visual Basic
Try TI Calculators
You're probably in School still so.
Sneak in some code into your math class.

Forth

either that or 6502 assembler.

python or ruby are pretty simple but I'd say C or Java is a good place to start for real programming, their syntax is similar. Bash scripting is incredibly useful as well.

>beginner friendly
>assembly
pick one.

C++ or Java

yeah ok. how about a real suggestion like python or javascript

C# is a really user friendly language with great debugging which is not a thing that can be said about many languages

Niggas can get a good grasp on how a komputah work with assembly.
It is also easier to write programs for microcontrollers in assembly.

Java. No discussion needed.

>Hello Kitty theme for Notepad++

It's like the unholy grail of degeneration

Yeah, I do some x86. I just think you're better off starting with a C family language, assembly scares off beginners.

Fuck that, learn C and you'll practically know java. And C doesn't need the JVM.

Unpopular opinion (at least amongst neckbeards): wanna work? Learn PHP.

Well, C and Java may be very similar, but the vm and other little aspects make beginning in java a lot easier, at least i experienced it this way. You might have different experiences and a different opinion, but personally i would recommend Java over C for a total beginner any day.

Learn php when he doesn't even know what "state" is... You might as well tell him to learn perl.

This. Just learn C.
Once you understand pointers and mem management allocation/management your off to a good start.

Yeah, it's a bit more forgiving. I'd still encourage them to eventually move to C, it's more efficient and low level, the fucking linux kernel is written in C. I'd like to see a kernel written in java, running under the JVM kernel.

python.

Well, i'm not completely sure the ability to write a kernel in the specific language is really important for a beginner. In the same way, the difference in efficiency between java and c is also in most cases not that important, especially not for a beginner. He won't write a kernel in 3 weeks. He won't make high-performance applications in the near future. It does not really matter.

>learb

English.

Lol.

QBasic

10 print "suck ma dick";
20 goto 10;

Start with scripting languages like Python and Javascript. Work your way up to stuff like Java, C#, C++, etc