People who were retarded enough to buy an LP60 who come here and try to justify their retardation by saying "it's not...

>people who were retarded enough to buy an LP60 who come here and try to justify their retardation by saying "it's not that bad" and "the tracking isn't as bad as a Crosley so the lack of a counterweight isn't an issue" and try to convince more noobs to be retarded like them and buy one as their first turntable

Is there a worse group of people?

As someone with an LP60, no there is not

Only retards care that much about Vinyl anyways. 90% of the music you will buy has been digitally mastered and will objectively sound better in a Lossless Digital Format.

Unless you're exclusively listening to Pre-80s music you're a pleb for feeling special about collecting vinyl.

2 ppl i told them don't buy crosley....they both bought a crosley to save $...u can actually see it eat your vinyl

the lp60 has a counterweight
and a decent track force

so? why worry about what others use and just be content with what you have. Unless youre just mad that you yourself bought an LP60, which in that case, LOL to you my friend

hi friends, i own this piece. pretty old and i'm not good with these but wanna get into vinyl.
is it any good or i have to get something new?

I'd trust that before a crosley, & it has an anti-skate dial which is good. buy some records & judge for yourself

t. someone who bought an lp60

but i didnt even, just do some research LOL

What about the LP120 tho?

What about it?

I have it, I think it's good. What's wrong about it?

It's a good turntable but it's a meme because it's the most popular "good" one, just like how ATH-M50s are to headphones.

biggest mistake of my life
I was uber poor and thought it would be ok

Step up and get an actual record player from the 80s insteafd

eww

>MeTV

That is a solid turntable bruh, enjoy it

It is good, but you can buy a used Technics or Pioneer for waaay less that is the same if not better than the LP120.

Isn't it ironic how Audio Technica doesn't market their stuff at all, and somehow every one of their products becomes synonymous with "great" by the consumers?

Speaking of, what does Sup Forums think of my turntable?

Is it time to upgrade?

Can someone explain to me why the LP60 is supposedly bad?

Other than being a cheap, chintzy piece of shit that molests your vinyl with its crappy tonearm, it's breddy gud.

the shape of the groove of the vinyl, the part that makes sound, its the walls of the groove that make the sound, not the bottom.

well the lp60 doesn't have tracking or weight adjustment, and has a tendency to pull to one side or the other of the groove cause more wear that you would get had you been using a higher end table.

is it bad? yes, as bad as the internet says? no. if you are listeing to vinyl on an lp60 you're also listening to it with very shitty speakers and other audio equipment and you're not going to notice the difference anyways.

also, you're likely not going to be buying more than say ten records and playing them sparingly because you're not actually financially commited to this hobby (yet)

the thing that is comical to me about all you people who constantly complain about vinyl played on low end turntables is this.

All those old lps, the ones that were mastered better, sound better analog than digital or brickwalled. 99% of those records that you buy used were played on tables as low of quality or lower quality that the lp60. And even past that point were you old enough to be around when vinyl was still king you'd remember pennies taped to the top of almost every headshell on every turntable of every one of your friends setups.

Every party you went to, every disco, skating rink, etc. all abused the shit out of those records that you are now putting on high end decks.

And if you're only buying new vinyl, theres a >90% you're buying a digitally recorded album, pressed onto vinyl, which completely negates the point of prefering an analog mastered medium in the first place/

Literally, there are such a multitude of issues that come with playing vinyl that whether or not your gate keeping counts because someone spent 120 on a record player instead of $400 is so narrow minded and a spineless argument.

Not bad, I have an SL-QD20. Works fine for me, T4P cartridges are considered inferior to audiophiles but it doesnt bother me

What about old P-mount tables? Good, or bad?

I feel the advantages of a standard mount only really start to show themselves on $1k+ audiophile tables.

Is that a fair assessment?

Sure. if you're just a regular listener to records, t4ps are fine. I put a new AT-311EP cart in my record player and it sounds good, with the exception of records themselves which may be scratched, dirty etc

Lmao nice speaker placement senpai

tfw your sub is smaller than your speaker

Yeah, I've got a basic AT elliptical on it right now. It's been 4 years now, and I'm going to upgrade it this week.

It's going to be either an Ortofon 2M Red, a Grado Green, or a Shure M92.

Any preference?

Question for everyone:

I have a Pioneer PL-518. Sometimes when I drop the needle to start an album it doesn't "catch" onto the groove and skips a few seconds into the first track. This doesn't seem to happen if I place the needle closer to the start of the first song. Help?