Uh, why are they releasing a follow-up film to a TV show that aired in the early 90s?

Uh, why are they releasing a follow-up film to a TV show that aired in the early 90s?

Did anyone actually watch Absolutely Fabulous?

Because historically, the British don't know when to quit.

>134 seasons of the us office

Mate there's a fucking dad's army movie that just recently came out.
... And I know middle aged women who are excited for this film.

>Did anyone actually watch Absolutely Fabulous?

I used to watch it with my mum, pretended I didn't like it because I didn't wanna look guy, but I thought it was pretty funny. The chick who played Bubbles was hot asf

My mom has season 5 on DVD. Never watched it, isn't it about old women or something.

It is proper /Mumsy/core

I'm still waiting for more Red Dwarf,

It's about middle-aged fashionistas trying to stay sexy and chic. It's not a thigh slapper but I remembering it being decent. It's not obnoxious or annoying like Miranda or Mrs. Browns Boys.

It's a staple of tv for women and faggots.

>DUDE SHOES LMAO
>DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO
>DUDE SHITTY PARENTING LMAO
>DUDE WHEELS ON FIRE LMAO

All I know is that Kylie sung the theme for this movie

>The chick who played Bubbles was hot asf
Jane Horrocks, underrated waifu

Why did they release a Dad's Army movie, that aired even longer ago?

It's basically because they realise a lot of the people who enjoyed the show first time round are still around and that Absolutely Fabulous was a hit comedy with women, particularly older women (the only time I ever saw it was because my Mam was watching it) and they clearly think it'll still have the same pull.

Films like this aren't high budget, and aren't expected to be blockbusters, they're just supposed to make a modest profit. Also what with it being based on a BBC license they knew they'd get lots of free advertising for it through BBC News running media stories on it.

Seems like a no brainer to me. The sort of people who would watch the Ab Fab movie aren't the sort of people who will care that it's getting poor reviews.

>tfw Saunders and Lumly's characters were supposed to be worn-out has-beens, but I still thought they were hot asf

>wanting more Red Dwarf
>after that horrible post-show Blade Runner special

Hyperdrive was better

I'll only watch this if my GF goes

I used to own a boxset of Absolutely Fabulous along with French & Saunders. Then my roommates found it and thought I was gay

Red Dwarf movie when?

Red Dwarf has gone on for too long. It's an amazing show but it's just ran out of ideas, and the actors are all getting too old.

back to earth was pretty crap (although Blade runner inspired the show)
but the new season was pretty good, and they got rid of the awful "new Kochanski".
I still think it's one of the best shows ever.

>Movie adaptations of TV shows

Mark Kermode is right. They literally NEVER work

netflix really wants me to watch the series for some reason

The 3 Berserk OVA's are pretty good movie adaptations of a series, yes I know it's tech a manga, but the series was like 25 ep long.(if you like anime)

>The chick who played Bubbles was hot asf
Bubbles and Saffron threesome please, thanks in advance.

Who? Anyway, they do:
The Brady Bunch
The Adams Family
Edge of Darkness
The Singing Detective
Mr. Bean/Mr. Bean's Holiday
Serenity
Our Miss Brooks
Mission: Impossible
The Naked Gun
The Fugitive
Lost in Space