What does Sup Forums think of The Wire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the "Big Two"

Right up there with BREAKING BAD

WE

do normies like the wire? they talk about breaking bad much more

marathoned the first episode, and thought it was shit.

Season 2 is the best season

Part of the pentagon of greatest tv shows.

THE FUCK

Had to blow the dust off that one eh

all that legal mumbo jumbo kept me thoroughly confused throughout the entire 1st season.
so much so that i didnt even bother watching anything afterwards..
that was 6 years ago, still havent picked it back up.

You some kind of simpleton or what?

Sopranos firmly holds the GOAT place.

For a while after The Wire finale in 2008, many considered it equal or even better than Sopranos. Subsequently, the hype for The Wire has diminished, but it easily holds its place in top5 best tv series lists. Cocky freshman students taking political/social science courses still think The Wire is the shit, but the adult majority feels that it's way too bloated and sententious at times.

Breaking Bad was considered by many equal to Sopranos/The Wire during its final season and by reddit after that, but rewatching BrBa badly exposes how empty and dull the show really was. The most overrated piece of modern television apart from GoT.

I've never seen normies talk about the Wire at all. I think they avoid it because it's not on Netflix (Game of Thrones isn't on NetFlix, but it's newer, and has more meme power among normies so it doesn't matter), and everyone talks about how complicated and deep it is so the dummies who watch tv "just to relax" are scared off.

this. s2 is very clear plebfilter

Are you retarded? All you have to know is chain of command

WHERE HE AT STRING? WHERE'S WALLACE?

I couldnt get into s2 at first, because i was too tied to s1's hood-setting. But i tried anyway, and boy, its a well-thought out season. My favorite one.

Fine show, no complaints.

>tfw you will never be a salt of the earth blue-collar worker who occasionally dabbles in organised crime

>all these underage who think The Wire isn't normie-tier

Normies seeing a thing doesn't make it inherently bad.

eh? eh?

100%

YOU ARE A SOBOTKA ;_;

Shiiiiiiieeeeet

I like it a lot, watching it for the first time. Currently on season 3.

YES

PANDEMIC

>SHIIIIEEEEEEEEEET

Is this season 2 circlejerk thread?

Count me me in.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI

FOR YOU

One of my favourites