Is the level of influence of the english queen similar to the one of a president...

is the level of influence of the english queen similar to the one of a president? does she possess similar level of power or is she kind of like the most important mascot of england?

bump

please, i need to know

why won't you just fucking reply to my post ffs

>most important mascot of england
pretty much this and also scotland wales and n. ireland

She is able to seize control of any land she desires in her domain, there literally is a town in England run by the queen.
All the armed forces, services and police pledge allegiance to her rather than Americans pledging to the flag, she is the commander in chief

Shows how much you know, just because she doesn't use her powers doesn't mean she doesn't have them.
She's able to suspend parliment and pass any law she sees fit
She has the power to knight people and appoint people as lords who then sit in parliment, meaning she can fill parliment with people she chooses
She can declare war without consultation

Chief of all which is the main answer to you question;
She is above the law. she cannot be prosecuted for any action she takes and is not subject to any laws in action.

She can pardon any criminal she wishes from any crime/punishment including the death sentence.

>Going on Sup Forums thinking a bunch of 13 - 17 year olds know the answer.

She has the power of a president, she is the most important. Problem is, shes getting old. She dosent serve a purpose because she never does anything. You can blame the Prime Minister for that. Also, she has given up. Shes seen the downfall of the UK that she could have fixed. When she dies the monarchy will be abolished. Even though we need it right now more than ever

No, the Royal family is the same as the kardashian family. Except the royal family is on welfare.

She has a power so great you cant even imagine. She is a Freemason, you fucking idiot. And a high-degree one, too.

She owns the country

lol. she stands above all presidents and has more influence.
also all who want to serve great britain, like a politican or cop, have to take an oath to the queen. she...... IT is the boss.

holy fuck this sounds like she has superman prime kind of powers. i wonder why she decided to never use them. must be a "with great power comes great responsibility: kind of thing

We pray for her at the start of everyday and listen to her talk about the future on xmas

She her mother was the main monarch that saw the monarchy take a backseat to the country and let it flourish on it's own, she feels that using her powers would remind people how strong the monarchy still is.

People still call her a figurehead or a puppet.
In reality? She's our queen. That's never changed and she get all the perks and powers that come with being a queen.
The monarchy set up parliment, they control it
The monarchy set up the armed forces, they control it
The monarchy built this country, they control it.

No law is passed without her approval
No action is taken without her consent
Noone betrays her.
Everyone loves her.

She's the best ruler any country could ever ask for.

parliament is the efficient the monarch is the dignified.

In a way she's the final backup if parliament goes mental or falls apart. She can hard restart the system.

She does hold the power to, for example, dissolve parliament and even wage a war. In a factual sense, yes she does have similar power to the president however for her to act against it would lead to a constitutional crisis so she remains as a 'mascot', as you said.

I personally believe that she controls Theresa May behind closed doors. Think about it; if the Queen truly did not control the Executive in Britain then why wouldn't they have gotten rid of her by now? You are delusional to think otherwise.

thanks guys for good replies. you've been a great help

thanks. you made me realise how important she really is. i think people don't realize it becaue she doesn't abuse her powers

She, much like a president is subject to any law much as every citizen of the UK is. And while she technically has the power to dissolve parliament and send the military to war; do you honestly think there wouldn't be a coup or revolt if she did so without any kind of emergency? Dictators have historically only been stable without challenge during war, why do you think they are so insistent on starting them? Much like if the US president seized absolute power and dissolved congress etc it would be unlikely the the US military would continue to follow orders, England has the oldest parliament in the world and democracy is something we hold dear, we would not fight for someone without public support.

read a book nigga

no she doesn't have full powers but she has to sgin every law in for it to be legit

no monarch has ever questioned a law but i think ione has done it

>nigel farage as junior prime minster
>'democracy'
>top kek

God save the Queen.

I pity the Americans who know not such pride in their leadership and heritage.

>She's able to suspend parliment and pass any law she sees fit
>She has the power to knight people and appoint people as lords who then sit in parliment, meaning she can fill parliment with people she chooses
>She can declare war without consultation

these OP

thing is that a lot of americans don't realize is that the political system that you have over there is actually not a democracy it is a republic.
though they pretend that they are democracy.
What we have in the UK is again a false democracy, it is an empirical monarchy, which has handed over power to the "peoples elects" disguised as democracy, which is actually bullshit because our political chain is commons>lords>monarchy
and as that user said monarchy can choose who is in the lords and overturn any bill or military decision at a whim.

both countries political systems are a fassade, a public show.

so tl:dr on the surface she has no power but ultimately she has all the power of the commonwealth.

>When she dies the monarchy will be abolished.
there is a special kind of place in this world for retards like you.
I don't know where it is, go find it.

All the powers attributed to her actually at the gift of parliament. She is a figurehead only.

Technically she can do whatever she wants, but it she ever did, Parliament would change the laws so fucking fast

Well you're wrong. You also completely ignored the difference between can and doesn't.

She CAN dissolve parliment she CAN declare war but she DOESN'T. the whole revolution bullshit is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

And no, she isn't subject to law at all.
The term above the law applies to her and applies to her for a fucking reason.

Take the presidents cock out of your mouth and see what real power is. In terms of her country she has absolute power.
The president? Well; ask clinton and nixon