Be me

>Be me
>19 on break, going back to university in two weeks
>Home with family
>Mom talks about how everything remotely good that happens to me is through the power of prayer literally every chance she gets
>Tell her that prayer isn't the reason for everything
>Dad tells me to leave it alone.
>Explain how its unfair that apparently my life is the sole product of prayer
>Mother gets upset and walks out of room
>come on...
>Dad gets angry
>"Just leave her alone, user"

How the fuck am I supposed to deal with this?

Let her feel like she's doing something important for you, you cunt.

Be an adult and let it go. Let her think what she wants.

Humor her. Your mother is a Jesus freak and those people are CRAZY.

Challenge her too much and you're liable to get kidnapped and brainwashed by the Jesus police.

Let her believe what she wants. I agree what she's saying is fucking horse shit but just let it fly. There's no chance you'll be able to convince her that your success came from something other than prayer

Or just bitched at some more about how I need to go to church.

You seem like a huge bitch. How the fuck is it hurting you? What harm is being done? What do you gain from telling your mother she's wrong? Who the fuck cares? Best case scenario. "Oh I was a dick to my mom and now she turned into an because I convinced her by being pointlessly argumentative and now without the thing she believed in to help get her by I win!"
Fuck you. And Let's see a pic of your mom.

> How the fuck is it hurting you
Its not, its annoying. You live with it for almost 20 years and tell me you won't get tired of it.

>What do you gain from telling your mother she's wrong

When did I say she was wrong? Can you stop being a fucking retard and learn how to read?

>Oh I was a dick to my mom and now she turned into an because I convinced her by being pointlessly argumentative and now without the thing she believed in to help get her by I win!

Keep babbling like that and I might actually send a psychologist to check up on you. I fear for your mental stability.

I have had to deal with it. Bible Belt. Realized it's not a big fucking deal.

>tell her prayer isn't the reason for everything

Feeling pretty literate right now.

That won't be necessary. You can just pray for me, faggot.

Exactly how your father told you to handle it. Leave it alone. You'd be an arrogant twat to believe you have a better idea than either one of them as to what's waiting for you after you die. Even if you do have a better idea, even if you're smarter and better educated than both of them combined, just shut your idiot mouth. This is the woman who brought you into this world. The same woman who spent what were probably her best years constantly busy with trying to keep you from choking to death on small objects. Let her believe what she wants to believe. If not because you want her to be happy, then do it out of respect.

My mom isn't religious and neither am I, but my grandma is a devout Catholic and if that woman ever told me something similar, I wouldn't skip a beat before agreeing with her. Wouldn't matter how often she told me

>How is your mother hurting you by saying that every success and good thing that happened to you has only happened because magical man with beard in who lives in the clouds made it happen, making it seem like you are a talentless retard who cant take a shit right without help and ruins everything if left for himself.
Think sometimes. Its not hard.

>hurr durr you're an idiot for having different beliefs.

Oh man, what a beacon of intelligence and reason you are!

/thread

Waste of dubs.

Are you one of those pussified twats who doesn't speak up when people are trying to tell you what your life is dictated by?
How many people just step all over you all day without you raising a finger? With this, I'm assuming a shit-ton.

Grow the fuck up.

Suck his fat cock and drink his cum.

he wants his mom to say "I'm proud of you", not "god made this happen you ungrateful shit"

how is this hard to understand?

Lmao who gives a shit if it's his mom?
Don't try to dumb down this conversation with your appeal to emotion. "Ohhh, she brought you into this world! She took care of you! She's telling you that your reason for being is because of someone asking an archaic God for something!"

Your line of reasoning is so ridiculous.

OP mad people disagree

He won't go anywhere in life if he doesn't stand up to his grandma.

Just smile and nod, user. Let your mom live in her fantasy world. Be a good boy, now.
You should be lucky to have someone so concerned about your well-being

Autism detected

That isn't the fucking point.

I get what my mother has done, and I appreciate that more than anyone understands. The fact that every bit of progress in my life is attributed to prayer is absolutely ridiculous.

Can people like you just stop bringing up that she cared for me as a child and into early adulthood, that is in no way, shape or form a point in anyone's favor, nor does it hold any weight with the matter at hand.

>I cant actually say anything about what you said so I'll just call you autistic.

Why does it matter that she thinks that?

Are you unable to read? For as long as I can remember, she's been saying that prayer is literally everything good about me.

Its annoying.

Yeah, I read that. Why is it so annoying?

See the second line of

Its literal insult of his skills and intelligence. How this wouldnt be annoying if your own mother does that for your entire life?

See and the second line of

Disregard the other reply I sent to you. Wrong person.

Autism detected

sure kid

So, do you want you to fuck her?

wat

Anybody in this thread defending your mom is a fucking retard.

She seems like a brainwashed cunt but those people are beyond repair.

Kill yourself

>your line of reasoning is so ridiculous
...she put up with his annoying bullshit for years and years. His entire life. Likely holding her tongue the entire way whenever he would open his mouth and say some dumb shit that she didn't agree with. Is it really so ridiculous to think he should be willing to do the same for her?

You sound like a child who didn't even think about my comment before replying. all emotion, no logic, just calling people ridiculous when you disagree with them instead of offering any kind of counter argument or differing explanation. Yet I'm the ridiculous one.

>how many people just step all over you
If you think someone is stepping all over you when they pray for you -while genuinely believing it's helped your standing in life,- you're a fucking moron. Just some edgy kid who wants something to be pissy about.

Your parents biggest flaw was that they didn't smack you more

I didn't call you an idiot because you have different religious beliefs than your mother. I called you an idiot because only a self-absorbed idiot teenager would make a thread like this. Now you've graduated to a full-blown fucktard

Autism detected

Hope this thread helped you with dealing with your mom who doesn't give you enough credit for all the awesome things you do, OP

>"she put up with his annoying bullshit for years and years."

Annoying bullshit? Do you actually know this OP? Do you know who his mom is? Oh right, no, you don't.

>"Is it really so ridiculous to think he should be willing to do the same for her?"

How are you in any position to speak for either of them?

>"You sound like a child who didn't even think about my comment before replying. All emotion, no logic."
>"Thats your mother! She took care of you! Respect her for being such a caring, loving person!"
Fuck off.

> disagree with them instead of offering any kind of counter argument or differing explanation

How ironic...

"when they pray for you"

You completely misconstrued what another user here said. He's trying to make you understand that OP doesn't want to hear that everything happening to him is the product of prayer. Apparently he's been hearing it for so long, he's gotten tired of it.
Are you this dense?

>"edgy kid who wants something to be pissy about

Yet here you are...

> self-absorbed
>you're self absorbed because you're sick of your mother telling you that you're nothing more than a product of prayer and finally stood up to it.

Blow me. You are such a pretentious pseudo intellectual it hurts. You have no idea who OP is, nor do you understand who his mother is.
Quit pretending you have the answers to everything, and that everyone should just conform to your mentality.

I hope you don't reproduce.

This thread is so full of butt hurt and everybody in it is a faggot.

wew lad.
dont cut yourself on that edge

>When did I say she was wrong?

Hey, user... What's that thing called when someone makes a statement and you disagree with that statement?
Seriously, were you fucking dropped on your head as a child? Because that might explain why your comprehension of human interaction is crippled.

>What's that thing called when someone makes a statement and you disagree with that statement?

A disagreement. Try again kiddo.

If two people assert statements that contradict each other's one of them must be wrong.
Maybe take Logic and Reasoning 97 next semester, bud. Wouldn't want to strain yourself with the 100 level.

Are opinions right or wrong? Its neither.
You cannot flop this hard on your face this early into your little rant..

Second, I already took Phil. Logic and Phil Religion two semesters ago. Neither of them talk about arguments which you're so adamant of proposing right now.

Suck my ass.

>opinions can't be wrong
>has an opinion that the earth is flat
>not wrong
I don't think you understood the first class. Maybe try again?

Can't you all hear yourselves and realize you're being the most obnoxious people on the shittiest thread on Sup Forums?

/thread

>I don't think you understood the first class. Maybe try again?

Do you even understand what formal logic is? Are you this fucking ignorant?

Opinions are personal belief. You want to believe that the earth is flat? Go ahead man.

How are you this retarded?

Go to church with her. Get saved, pray, and read the Bible. Easy.

You can believe something that is factually wrong. Just like you're saying your mother does, genius. You're telling her that her belief is factually wrong because you put in effort to achieve things.

Your dad is a cuck for letting his woman believe and spout fairy tale nonsense your entire life. You did a good thing by challenging her, user.

I'm not saying that it's not POSSIBLE for EVERY SINGLE thing to be because of prayer.
Jesus fucking Christ, you need to learn how to infer from context more.
Maybe somethings are, who fucking knows? But every time the wind blows, I'm to believe that prayer made the cool gust of wind happen? Come on dude. Think.

>I'm not saying it's not POSSIBLE, I'm just saying it isn't true
Jesus, user. I'm clearly wasting my time here.
Nigga, you want to act like an adult just straight up tell her to her face that you want her to be proud of YOUR achievements because YOU did them, not because she literally caused everything to happen through the metaphysical vending machine that is prayer.

Waste of trips, and a waste of my time as well.
Sorry you're too thick-skulled to even understand a very basic point.

Second, I'm not black you fucking subhuman porch monkey. "Nigga", I hope you're black. If you're white, I seriously hope you never contaminate the gene pool.

>missed dubs by one
>argues with trips
Deus does not Vult this shit.

It's not the child's responsibility to respect retarded parents who made the choice (although they probably didn't want kids but just dont believe in birth control). Parents that have kids have a responsibility to the child, not the other way around. If parents are good then the kids will respect them when they get older (assuming the kids are retards), but sometimes people fucking suck regardless if you have the blood or not.

With all this bullshit I really see why your mom doesn't think you had anything to do with anything. Hope all this shit help get that anger out. Arguing with someone for an hour on 4 chan.

She doesn't think I had anything to do with anything because she believes in ancient fairy-tales with no meaning or purpose in the 21st century.

Are you even paying attention?

Honestly probably just leave it alone. There comes a point with family where you just have to like what you like about them and ignore what you don't. Can't change people.

Be nice and friendly, and have pride in your accomplishments. Let your mom do her thing. As you get older you'll see her less, that kind of thing will become more of a querk than a problem.

A perk* you mean?