Alright Sup Forums im depressed and im tired of it, how do I improve my self?

Alright Sup Forums im depressed and im tired of it, how do I improve my self?

get a hobby

A social hobby.
Not everyone gets happiness from improving themselves but can find a lot when they activily help others.

Not OP, but depression often comes with a strong feeling of indifference.

It's really hard getting a hobby when you lack motivation.

alcohol/drugs/pills like everyone else does?

if you smoke weed, stop smoking weed. if you don't smoke weed, start smoking it.

Why are you depressed fellow R&M fan?

Op here, I have an extreme indifference to everything nothing seems to matter any more good or bad

You need some sort of goal, something to work towards, be it personal goal like getting fit, or maybe a career goal. If you have money go explore, meet people and travel, best thing ever and cheap as fuck if you do it right.

best places to go?

Where are you currently?

US

Ah fuck knows mate, I don't know anything about good places to go there.

My favourite place I have ever been is a place called Anecy at the bottom of the french alps. You go to a place like that where everyone is so happy, the foods incredible, everyone is thin and sexy and you can swim in the warm as fuck lake watching the world go by. I've never felt so bliss in all my life. Pic related.

If you're gonna top yourself why not blow all your money on a mad trip somewhere, if it doesn't make you want to live at least you had a hell of a time saying goodbye. But don't kill yourself, you only pass the pain onto others and that's just selfish,

Are you fit? Start working out and eating healthy. Honestly, its the best thing you can do for yourself and it takes 0 effort once you make it a routine

If you're on SSRI/Anti-depressants then stop them immediately.
I quit mine like 6 weeks ago and I've never felt better... everyone's even noticing when they see me saying they can see a very positive change in me.

This. Smoking has helped me ease the feeling of depression alot.

tell us how your life was at the time when you started feeling like this.

If nothing matters, why bother being depressed? If nothing matters and there's no point to all of this, it just means we're a big happy accident. That's winning the lottery, man. Enjoy it. Read books n' shit. Learn some skills. Travel. Fuck exciting women. Have kids, maybe.

If we're just waiting to die, throw the biggest party you can before your time in the waiting room is up.

>why bother being depressed

You make it sound like it's a choice.

Hey OP, let me tell you a story.

>32
>Major depression and chronic sleep problems all my life, nightmares, hard time sleeping, frequent sleep paralysis, snapping away for hours, never get more than 3 or 4 hours of rest a night.
>Worked hard to improve my life the last 10 years. Lived alone for decade Became general manager of the store I worked at, money stabilizing, got my license back after 10 years without it, super hot 18yo girlfriend that was full of energy and we laughed all the time, had great sex.
>Spending too much time at current job, 75 hours a week, get great offer to move to a new job, higher salary, less hours, closer, got to spend time with girlfriend more.
>Week into new jobs, girlfriend admits she cheated on me, moves out, takes our cats, acts like its mys fault, steals my car, tires to kill herself driving it. She breaks down completely and I end up having to take care of her for a few months while she went berserk not taking her meds. She vanishes.
>New job is cutting back, tells me not to work for weeks, they need me. Tells me this right upto the day the lay me off.
>Feels like I've lost everything, but I've only just begun.
>Was promised $1000 sign on bonus from new job, they never paid it.
>Rent getting to be 3 months late.
>Birthday night, best friend of 20 years dies in a car crash on his way to see me.
>Decide I want to end my life, everything has fallen apart, 40k in debt, being evicted from only home I really know. Spend night drinking at local bar.
>Get behind wheel of my car, target bridge close to my apartment. Put my head down and my foot fully on the peddle.
>Parked car close to lot entrance, pulls out and I smash my front end into theirs.
>No one hurt but both cars totaled.
>Get charged with OUI when all I wanted to do was die.

Since then I've spent the last month in full and partial hospitalization, going through mental health programs and trying out various meds to work on my depressions and sleep issues.

>tbc

Pot and eggs, they helped me get over the fact i have cancer.
TLDR just fucking get over it.

>continued

I've spent the last month working with crisis councilors and doctors, going to support groups and working with friends and family to help me. None of my problems have been eliminated through this, but they are giving me the tools to help me figure shit out and move on with my life. If its that bad OP, if you're starting to imagine how you will say goodbye to friends and family, planning out the details of your demise, or just hoping you'd some day disappear, goto to your local hospital and let them know you need to see a crisis worker and that you are going to kill yourself. All of my treatment I am doing without health insurance, and they have been helpful in offering programs to me that will pay for me to find value in my life for free. Generic prescription antidepressants and sleeping meds are extremely cheap as well, a months supply of both are only $30 for me and I could find way to get them cheaper. Help is out there man, and you can start to work towards finding satisfaction in life.

... get over ity, life sucks. also talk to your boss about the sign on bonus you were never given, threaten to elevate the issue if you don't get it, that will get you your money.

Aside from finding something that'll drive you, go find a doctor. Depression is a bitch, without drugs you probably will kill youself, sooner or later. Of couse, if it's depression, not everyday sadness.

work out you lazy fucking asshole.

I get what you are saying, but for people with honest depression, especially that they have had for a long time, your brain just stops being able to get over it and it feeds into making it worse. There were plenty of times I said to myself to just get over it and then would find myself a week or two later completely unable to remember anything that happened because my mind and body has become so inert that I was sleeping for days at a time without getting up. I meet a lot of people in the hospitals I went to that couldn't even remember how long they'd been in there or feel anything at all. Apathy is impossible to escape alone.

Clinically diagnosed with depression when i was 8, mildly autistic, 25 now. wont live to see 40. Really i get where he's comeing from, and this is honestly the best advice i can give, if you dont redirect that depression into something else, you'll go insane, i chose to be a cynical asshat.

if there is no horizon to look for, making peace with it being gone is easier. Perspective is everything, not just your own but every angle possible. twat

exercise, music, anime, weed

Stop masturbating, excercise (jogging but keep doing it till you can jog comfortably without stopping, it takes a while), eat healthily, set regular sleep patterns, quit any social media, look for social meetups in your local area

Weed and recreational drugs, take them, come off meds and go somewhere new, sell everything you have and try living somewhere new

Go for walks, build something with your hands.

anime tiddeh