1st wave Black Metal is better than 2nd wave Black Metal

1st wave Black Metal is better than 2nd wave Black Metal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-u7ZH8Jqt3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice digits cool taste dude

yes

What is your favorite 1st wave black metal album?

arguable

but you know what's way better than both? post-2000 black metal that tries to sound like 1st wave BM by playing Motörhead riffs.

I don't know much about 1st wave black metal tho. Can you recommend some?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u7ZH8Jqt3E
True. This whole demo is awesome.

That is some good shit, I'll admit, Toxic Holocaust is probably my favorite of that group. Can you recommend me any?
>Tormentor
Good taste
Start by telling me what you have heard from 1st wave and what you like.

youtube.com/watch?v=-u7ZH8Jqt3E
Oops

Delete this

This.

Bünker 66 my man

masters hammer

Good shit, I'm listening to it right now and so far it sounds like the logical conclusion to hardcore punk and 1st wave black metal. I just looked it up on RYM and it has a 0.77 rating though.

Let's be honest here, Varg is easily the worst of the main 2nd wave black metal bands.

Almost few of them. Bathory, Sarcofago, Blasphemy... and I liked almost of them. Just recommend your best ones. thanks.

True he is a bloody moron. Still if we compare him the rest of the scene... well let's say we aren't dealing here with intelectuals

Alright:
>Venom (if you consider them black metal)
>Hellhammer
>Early Sodom (Sign of Evil, Witching Metal)
>Early Mayhem (Deathcrush)
>Antichrist
>Morbid

I meant more in terms of music rather than him as a person.

Intellectuals are usuallly fucking terrible persons though

The second wave of the 2nd wave black metal (Mayhem and Bathory worship bands that were formed either right before or right after Euronymous' death) are the best black metal ever had to offer.

Thanks. Is Antichrist from hungary?

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it has some of the same guys from Tormentor. It's even more raw than Tormentor too. Try their album "Dark Age....In the Very Beginning"

How so?

It's just got harsher riffs, screechier vocals, more lo-fi production, and darker atmosphere.

"first wave black metal" is basically proto-black metal

Name some of the best ones

2nd wave of black metal is basically just copying 1st wave but with """atmosphere'""

Tsjuder, Gehenna, Carpathian Forest, Drottnar, Mare, Dodheimsgard, Krypt, Blodsgard, Koldbrann, Throne of Katarsis, Aura Noir, Hades Almighty

Of the ones I've heard from that, they were just okay like Gehenna and Carpathian Forest.

I can respect your opinion.

nah that's just norsecore. Norwegian black metal is only one regional scene out of all 2nd wave black metal.

What is your favorite metal album of all time?

Nah, Norsecore is like that Marduk album Panzer Division where it's literally just constant riffs and screaming with no actual substance trying to be the """fastest""" ever while making allusions to norse stuff.

trips confirm

I would honestly be hard pressed to pick just one.

You never want to appear too entry-level to other enthusiasts of the genre, although I normally don't really care. I don't want to act like an avant-teen either, though, and name something obscure I don't really enjoy just for the sake of namedropping as others would.

If I'm simply honest with myself though I'd probably have to say it's De Mysteriis. I've tried really hard to find something similar to it, in all ways, but always failed. I enjoy Mayhem's post-Euro discography too, but it's just not the same. Be it due to the history behind the album or due to its actual musical content, it's just too special for me to not consider it my favorite.

What is yours?

I respect that, Mysteriis is a god-tier album that Mayhem could never replicate again, nor any other band for that matter.
My favorite metal album is probably Under the Sign of the Black Mark, although it constantly changes with Bathory albums and I'll admit Slayer's first 5 albums are among my favorites too.
I find myself coming back to their discographies more than any other metal group.

Awesome choice. Bathory is really, really good. I enjoyed their debut quite a lot when younger and I can safely say it's what got me into black metal.

Hey guys, OP here, I just found this really good early BM style album through the related videos of this album I really like the tired sort of vocals and the riffs are great as all early BM style speed metal records are.

Literally all 3rd tier shit. Hades and Gehenna may be exempt.

Obviously

Yeah, at different points I'll like different Bathory albums the most. Sometimes I'm in the mood for their self titled albums' pure Venom like fun and exciting kind of evil. At other times I want the more slow and heavy, yet carefully crafted and melodic The Return, with its ultra grim atmosphere. I still think that album has some of the best atmosphere of any album ever. Then of course there's Black Mark, which sort of has the best aspects of the first two albums. Then there's Blood Fire Death which is also atmospheric but more for nordic battles of course, with his vocals at their most trained, and some of the most complex riffs with slower and faster ones at just the right time and "epic" (dare I say it, since I hate using that word) moments like on Fine Day to Die and the title track. And, there's Hammerheart, his most epic album with the thickest riffs and the fantastic full viking feel to it.

Forgot to put the pic with my post

Being the Bathory fan that you are, do you actually care for albums such as the Nordland ones?

Yeah, Nordland I & II are fucking great, when I first got into Bathory, when I was only used to like Metallica and stuff, I only really liked the viking albums and at one point my favorite was Nordland II. I've come a long way from then but I still hold a special regard for Nordland I and II. I didn't really like Twilight of the Gods that much at first but I've come to appreciate it a lot more recently.

Good taste

is there a chart for 1st wave black metal?

These guys are 2nd wave

Here you go.

Aren't the close enough to be first wave since they started in '87?
I think, I just don't know where to find it right now. Here's a similar one though

Master's Hammer is arguably both first and second wave.

>Aura Noir
>black metal

pick one, tard

It's Black/Thrash, just stfu and kys

How do we revive 1st wave black metal guys?

agreed