Did Chinese really use these weird armors?

Did Chinese really use these weird armors?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mbj9xneA7Lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

what's so weird about them

It looks like a magical armor from some fairy tale

No, they had more practical armors.
Not practical.

it's not like every single shitter would wear this sort of armor, think of them as of regal western armors

does its job

>does its job
Sure, but not practical and chinese did favour more practical armors for battle. But sure, there were some that went with fancy stuff.

Looks like lamellar or scale armor.
>I dont see a reason why chinese wouldnt have used it historically
Overlaps in many places, which is good. For some reason it leaves the wearers face wide open.
Also looks heavily padded, which is also good.

Certainly officer/noble armor with all of its ornamets.
Really visiible for subordinates and face protection wont hinder his voice for giving orders.
I believe this might be more ceremonial in nature and for protection against projectiles, rather than for frontline fighting.

its believeable, even though it leaves armpits open for attack, which is to my understanding a big nono

Chinks used the same armor as Mongolians. In fact Mongols didn't really use armor before they conquered China and the armor considered typically Mongolian was taken from China

Did they have mail?

china is a magical place

look at armors from eastern europe

Why did Qings like brigandine so much.

I don't like the way it looks, what is the real armor that was used?

this fake stuff is not appealing

I assume Qing fielded armies where they provided armor if the recruit didn't have one.
But also the overcoat for people with armor.
So guess what ended up being popular?
Most likely they picked the best one for price/production/defence ratios as well.

Nice Chucks!

Amerindian armor was fucking bizarre.

It is amazing how straight up medieval some parts of Asia still were when they were already photographed. This is Tibetan.

Same reason euros liked it, despite having access to better protection: so richfags can show off just how rich and stylin' they are.

犯强汉者 虽远必诛

T。皇帝的后代
youtu.be/mbj9xneA7Lw

indeed

Should be recounts enemy movements to silver the hedgehog desu

European also used Scale Armors

Meanwhile ancient Persians almost never wearing armor

damn thats awesome

armor is for homos and gays.
true warrior only have "attack, attack, attack" on his mind, embrace pain and death you sissies

i love eastern armor with facemasks