Lying in bed and thinking what makes a person smart? A person uneducated and smart...

lying in bed and thinking what makes a person smart? A person uneducated and smart, versus a person educated and uninligent.

do explain

Man they destroyed Jesse little by little, Walts such a cunt

Checked

I like to think that "smart" refers to the ability to think beyond what's happening right fucking now, like thinking about what's going to happen later, what you're going to do, how (really simple example) eating another sandwich might make you feel too fucking full to even drink.

Someone smart is capable of make a connection with things that already happened or he/she already knew.

I think intelligence is defined by someone's capacity to learn, not just book knowledge, but learning from their experiences and experiences of others.

Smart is just being able to quickly and effectively assimilate information and generate novel ideas.
What you're describing in the difference between being smart and being educated is the difference between being intelligent and being knowledgeable: one has more firepower, the other has more ammo.

If Dubs then this is now a Nirvana thread

A combination of wisdom and intelligence. Knowing when you're wrong and knowing when you're right, and that you're usually not right. Being smart doesn't get you much though, everything is balance

I'll let myself out

Smart and useful are directly related. Someone who can take any situation with any current position and create positive movement is considered smart

too see beyond what is presented to you, it means to understand the person experiences. some people have lived horrible experiences in their life. knowing this also should make an individual a more deceptiotane and always learn to think in synical way just by judging the type of person you deal with.. open every option and your brain will go places far beyond you ever thought

and being a (b)ro since 2010 has given the brain more then anyone has seen.. some fucked up shit here sometimes has made sleep go for nights in the past..

>a person educated and uninligent.

the ability to take in new, different, better information(advice, experience,...) and apply it in order to change for the better(yourself, for family, community)

if i ever turn down good advice because i feel insecure about myself worth, i will become a stupid person in the long run

/thread. great analogy

/smart/ here

literally understand the juice behind it all but won't explain it because only fellow /smarts/ might get what i'm talking about

Try me.

Thanks.

>tfw you get cucked by Jane

Smart is wisdom and knowledge refined with experience.
I've seen people that can calculate triple digit math equations in the time it took you to read this, but for fucks sake, they cannot figure out how a siphon works or fix a wobbly chair. A smart person, may be less knowledgeable on why something works but excel on how it works.

Intelligence is an accumulation of insight and awareness.

My coworkers can access a problem, but never come up with any solutions. Arguably, you can say its smart to be passive and lazy as the hard workers figure out what to do, but I doubt it in my case.

Tip on becoming smarter:

Observation-Focus on ever minute detail and orientation around you. Make note of it in your mind, pity it, like it, hate it, whatever.

Imagination-All new ideas were made with someone thinking, 'what if...' when they were doing nothing important.

Willpower- Everything is achievable, if you are willing to pay any price to attain it.

the roots are the ability to grasp a concept

i know it sounds vague but i'm not going into any further detail because to explain it at all enough to do it justice will take way too much text and you and everyone else here will most likely not read it and i also don't want to write a neuropsychological fucking textbook tonight

disagreed, upon all this. when did your Sup Forums addiction began? i swear coin toss and this is where the heads landed

that harley..

I'm getting you so far.
If you want to continue...

Memory is often confused for intelligence.

I've heard that there are two kinds of intelligence.
Crystallized intelligence: the ability to store and recall information.
Fluid intelligence: the ability to analyze and formulate solutions to new problems.

I'd still call someone a genius if they could read a phone-book in an hour and recite it back to me by heart, even if he couldn't solve a simple math problem.

mmm unkown is uncertainty.. that harley may have been in with some fetish shit...seems like a type of mother thats really unknown

Knowing how to work people, understand situations and being able to work and solve problems in certain situations depends on personality, one can have all the training or education but if they cant actually use it, they're a waste.

look, it's basically unteachable.

the only beneficial advice i have to offer is this:

when you've ever been in a math class, and the teacher is explaining something by some guy you've never heard of and will probably never remember, spend all of your mental effort trying to understand the concept being taught before the teacher finishes the lesson. try to understand how the historical mathematician came up with this concept that is so important that they teach it to every middle schooler, high schooler, college student. if you reach that epiphany, that moment of complete and utter blissful clarity, that click, you've made it, but just for a moment. do this for everything, every lesson, every social encounter, and every experience for the rest of your life. when it becomes habit, you're well on your way. some day in the distant future, you'll know. you'll know you've made it.

I know what you are referring to when you speak of that moment of bliss when it finally clicks.
It's a rush, maybe not as powerful as actual narcotics, but it's still good.
But I still think that's only part of the puzzle.
What you just described right there is simply being able to understand new concepts, but one of the cardinal features of a "smart" person is the ability to use that information in practical/novel ways and coming up with ideas that no one had thought to come up with.
And I don't think you'll ever have really "made it." You just do a little better everyday.

educated and unintelligent = trump supporter
uneducated and unintelligent = trump supporter

the key is practice.