NOTM

>there are people RIGHT NOW who don't think that Niggas on the Moon is Death Grips' best work

Explain to me how you can rate any other albums of theirs above this masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VaoCUEqIuVM
youtube.com/watch?v=_czrpe-0mG0
youtube.com/watch?v=77LgX0Uz31I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The bjork sampling gives it a completely unique sound. Zach is a genious

I completely agree never heard an album so unique, abstract, and catchy at the same time.

This and Government plates.

I like the energy of NLDW better.

I agree that it's their best but I usually enjoy NLDW more

The only misstep on this record is "Fuck Me Out" and I'd be fine with that song if it didn't include the "Death, fuck, lets fuck" it's the bad kind of edgy.

I like NOTM but it's so fucking overrated in this board

but it represents Stefan's frustration with women not respecting his art and just want sex with a famous person; the vulgarity and crudeness of that line conveys the bluntness of their attitudes

Because it sucks

It's lacking in substance and it's weird and awkward and not in a good way. And they know that, the band hates their fans and they explicitly go out of their way to fuck with them and test the limits of just how weird and stupid they can get

It might appeal to you on a personal level but I don't think it's their best album in any regard

I
I
IIII
III
BLEBLEBLEBLE
BEBUABOOOBOBOOBOBOB
HAVE A SAD CUM BB
BLEUFG HB BBB BIIELLB BLUBLUB

Because Sup Forums DG fans tend to favor innovation over fineness. Same reason why Exm is usually so high on lists here, and why JD is rather low.

>implying up my sleeves isn't their masterpiece

>Sup Forums DG fans tend to favor innovation over fineness. Same reason why Exm is usually so high on lists here

but Beware is a dalek rip-off, and the rest sounds just like a less lo-fi version of Spred Luv

I really wish there were more albums that sounded like this. It's honestly the greatest album in mainstream hip-hop so far.

DG fans don't know about dalek and blackie, some of them think that DG invented industrial hip-hop

they did invent it, everything before them is proto-industrial hip-hop

>sounds like a glitchy version of grimes with rapping about edgy things
>masterpiece

Wanna know how I know you're underage?

Is this a bait or dgfags are really that retarded?

Jenny is just plainly better. Than any other project.

>generalising this hard
dalek and blackie are shit, by the way

can't deny that
death grips is also shit, by the way

it's bait
I hope

but it's better than the other 2

your favorite artists are probably shit too, by the way

dalek is great. Blackie not so much

I am implying that, yes

It's too left field to be their magnum opus and it explicitly goes out of its way to be awkward and shitty. The premise of the song might actually be that he has nothing "up his sleeves" and it's just a bunch of abstract imagery that sounds cool

Then again I'm talking to the board that thinks The Mollusk by Ween is a masterful album

>dalek is great
if you like listening to the same track 1000s of times

>but it's better than the other 2
In fact they are just as shit as the other two

>your favorite artists are probably shit too, by the way
why are dg fans so insecure?

>mainstream hip-hop
>Death Grips

I like Billy Not Really and Say Hey Kid better

I can dig all the tracks except for Fuck Me Out.

They're not underground anymore

>In fact they are just as shit as the other two
no

>why are dg fans so insecure?
idk

>Death Grips
>not mainstream hip-hop

>He thinks just because it's different it's worse

And the rest of what you said can be said about any other Death Grips song

They're in the weird purgatory of being indie/underground and being mainstream

But still, mention them to anybody irl, 9/10 people will have no idea who the fuck they are

They're closer to the underground than to the mainstream for sure

>The premise of the song might actually be that he has nothing "up his sleeves" and it's just a bunch of abstract imagery that sounds cool

opinion discarded

>Death Grips
>hip-hop

Because Fantano gave Money Store 10/10

>dalek and blackie are shit, by the way
dalek and blackie pushed the boundaries of hip-hop while dg just explicitly copied them on their first albums, they just jumped on the same bangwagon like Kanye did, but Yeezus sounds more original than any dg album released before it

this

>Yeezus sounds more original than any dg album released before it
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh god I needed that today thanks

Rapper Tyler, the Creator, guitarist Tom Morello, music critic/vlogger Anthony Fantano, late rock legend David Bowie, punk rock icon Iggy Pop, Linkin Park/Fort Minor frontman Mike Shinoda, award-winning film director Edgar Wright, Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor. Fred Armisen, actress/singer Emily Osment, Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, R&B singer Frank Ocean and comedian/actor Eric André have all expressed their admiration and support for Death Grips' music in the past.

Björk is one of the most notable fans of the band. Death Grips remixed two tracks for Bastards, a collective album of remixes of tracks from her Biophilia album. Björk allegedly recorded original vocal samples for the band which they used on every track of Niggas on the Moon, one being a snippet from her at the time unrevealed eighth studio album, Vulnicura. Award-winning actor Robert Pattinson is also another notable fan and one-time collaborator of the band, making a musical appearance on the song "Birds" from Government Plates, on which he played guitar in an audio recording he sent to the band himself, and then which they later on sampled and altered onto the song itself. Pattinson has also appeared with both two-thirds of the group and famed pop vocalist Beyoncé, all posing in a photo together. Sergio Pizzorno of Kasabian is also a fan of Death Grips and cited them as an influence for their album, 48:13, a UK Number 1 album. According to his collaborator Donny McCaslin, David Bowie was inspired by Death Grips whilst creating his final album, Blackstar.

The group's song "Hacker" is featured in the video game Battlefield Hardline. Their songs have also been used on various commercials and TV shows like Waterloo Road Animals, and BoJack Horseman. The song "You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money ..." was used on an Adidas Predator advertisement. The song "Hot Head" was used on the Season 2 Teaser for the TV show Animals..

the Death Grips copied dalek and blackie meme needs to die. Obviously they weren't the first band to make industrial/noisy hip hop but they really sound nothing like dalek and just because its a black dude shouting doesn't mean they ripped blackie either. If anything they took a ton of influence from bestie boys in terms of sampling on Exmil and have a more influence from the uK hip hop/grime scene on subsequent releases.

>They're closer to the underground than to the mainstream for sure
You may keep deluding yourself.

>Dalek and BLACKIE were boundary pushing
not really, "industrial hip hop" has been around since the 80s

while i think govt plates and exmil are the best desth grips albums, the powers that b is the one which brings me the greates memories, going thru the whole album is a rollercoaster, the first part reminds me of the 2014 world cup, i had just broke up out of a 3 years relationship and my life was literally partying, eating ass and playing and watching football, id never ever get home for weeks, id crush on a girl for a few days fuck her and fly away, hell that was the happiest momment of my life and id blast black quarterback from my ford sport track (rip)
jenny death reminds me of me finally "getting" college and almost going back with ex a dozen of times, also spring gets me horny as shit and this record is spring for me, beyond alive is the track of the decade

this

>the Death Grips copied dalek and blackie meme
It's not a meme

>A bunch of MUSICIANS, whose job is to study and make music, know about a band
>A few B-List celebrities have heard of them

What next? You're gonna tell me that just cause a bunch of NBA players know about an underrated high school prospect that he's famous?

>They were featured in a video game trailer, a couple commercials, and in a TV show
Wow, because everyone knows all the bands behind every single commercial and show ever

You're an idiot

So are you

Don't bother, nobody here knows the difference between ripping off somebody and being influenced

Name one artist that sounded like blackie before him. I mean yelling over industrial beats.

I don't get why this always is what dominates the discussion when it comes to whether or not Death Grips is good or not.

When you discuss ANY other genre, do you discuss the quality of the music or do you discuss who did it first? Why the fuck does it matter? We're 6 albums deep now, so if something on Exmilitary sounded a little bit like Blackie or Dalek??? okay? But they've long since then proven not to be a one trick pony because they're constantly evolving their sound with the first exception being Bottomless Pit, and that album certainly doesn't sound like Blackie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VaoCUEqIuVM this depending on what you consider "yelling" and "industrial"

An underground band cannot be THAT popular, they're not underground a band since 2012.

It's not hip-hop, we're talking about hip-hop artists

they arent underground but they're not known by normies either

Well fine, they're not underground. But they're not mainstream either.

how is it not hip hop

well they're certainly not underground

>it's dg fag can't read well and being retarded episode again
nothing special t b h

>Sup Forums is so fucking shut in that they don't realize that Death Grips isn't popular outside the internet for normalfags
Go up to someone who listens to Drake and ask them if they know who Death Grips is. Most people in the real world don't have a slightest clue who the fuck Death Grips is and don't listen to them. If they happen to know, they will most likely only know them only through memes about them, and only listen to a few songs by them

the beatnigs

No is really saying they're underground.

Death Grips is big in indie but not completely mainstream. Everyone who reads music sites/magazines knows about them but they're not a household name and they're not packing out arenas.

>I know I'm wrong so I'm just going to ambiguously insult you
Good talk

Fucking this

>they're not known by normies either
lol

this. do they even have a track with a million views yet?

>lol
he he IT GOES IT GOES amirite death grips, btw what's niggas on the moon?

youtube.com/watch?v=_czrpe-0mG0
the yelling is at the end. 7 years before blackie

This. Sup Forumstants lose sight of reality where not everyone is some patrician that knows about DG Neutral Milk Motel and Godspeed

We Can Build You and Pirhana also have parts with yelling

Do you even go outside? Ask any normie hipster who's trying to look different. Sure they're not as popular as Drake, but they're not unknown.

>blackie pushed the boundaries of hip-hop while dg just explicitly copied them on their first albums
Cringe.

Yup. Guillotine, No Love, The Fever, Takyon, On GP, and a few others have over a million on YouTube

Not that a million views on YT means much anymore

Guillotine has over 5 million.

>Do you even go outside?
You obviously don't, thinking that most normalfags truly know who DG is and listen to them
>Ask any normie hipster who's trying to look different.
wew lad
>Sure they're not as popular as Drake, but they're not unknown.
They're not unknown, they just not known by normalfags

>Ask any normie hipster who's trying to look different.
I have asked at least a dozen people IRL about Death Grips. Some hipsters, some nerds, some normal people.

Only ONE knew who they were, and just said "they're okay" without elaborating. I'm sure he just ran into the Guillotine video and brushed them off, just like half of the people IRL who even recognize their name

They're not that popular IRL outside of the super hipsters and indieheads.

Yeah, kind of doesn't. Name a single mainstream act that doesn't at least have 2 songs with more than 20 million views.

Getting a million on something certainly mean there's a lot of people out there listening to them but certainly not mainstream.

is it just me or do Blackie and Dalek fans talk to DG fans the same way Skinny Puppy and Ministry fans talk to NIN fans? in that they think they're so superior and know so much more than them despite the fact that they still only know as far as like the 3rd most popular artist from the genre

>ask normal person about death grips
>first thing he talks about is Guillotine and that's it
SO POPULAR BRUH

it's the same 2 people and has been since 2012

Yep. Most bands' youtube/vevos have at least a few songs with 10 million or more views.

Not to mention they've been memed to death (and 90% of the comments on the videos are just people shitposting) so most of the views are just from 4channers or people who wanted to see LE VIRAL IT GOES VIDEO

>thinking that most normalfags
Can you fucking read? Im talking about specific group of normies

>They're not unknown, they just not known by normalfags
see above

>wew lad
not an argument

>normie hipster
I said normalfags, not hipsters. Hipsters aren't normalfags
>normie
you have to go back

well pretty much every one of them I've seen has behaved this way

youtube.com/watch?v=77LgX0Uz31I

>using the word normalfag unironically
>you have to go back for using the word normie like there's any difference
So dgfags are truly retarded.

>Super niche group of people who go out of their way to look for underground shit know who a band is
>Therefore they must be mainstream

Kek, why exactly do you want DG to be considered mainstream? To feel EXTRA patrician for not liking them?

where on the popular spectrum would you place then?
lik above who and below who

he wouldn't seem so autistic if he could shout without sounding like he was going through puberty

>> ps.: I know its more about the message than the music but i also liked the sick sound :P

They're about as mainstream as The Underachievers, if you're a hip-hop fan

>>using the word normalfag unironically
what
>>you have to go back for using the word normie like there's any difference
you're really making it obvious you're from /r/Sup Forums
>So dgfags are truly retarded.
"maybe if I keep saying dgfags are retarded, I'll look like I'm right." You should stop while you're ahead

DG is the mainstream indie, you can google what it is

>death grips """""copied""""" this
usually a copy is worse than the original, isn't it?

>usually a copy is worse than the original, isn't it?
Sometimes a copy is just as bad as the original, like in this case

>death grips is mainstream
>okay it isn't mainstream, it's indie
>okay it isn't indie, it's known by normies
>okay it isn't known by normies, it's known by normie hipsters
>okay it isn't known by normie hipsters, it's mainstream indie
is this what it's like to try avoiding any music that is popular in any way?

>30 posters

certainly more, look at their fb pages

>31 posters
>100 posts