Okay Sup Forums I'm very tight on cash right now and im looking for a budget CPU/GPU...

Okay Sup Forums I'm very tight on cash right now and im looking for a budget CPU/GPU. Right now im stuck with an old prebuilt PC. I have a GTX 550TI and an AMD A6-3620 APU. (Also have 8 Gigs of RAM). I was thinking of upgrading to an i3 6100 and then later on a GTX 1060 3gb. Any other suggestions? Or should I be fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-A10-5800K-APU/3511vs2007
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Anyone?

Go a10-5800k and rx470-480. Thats what i use rn and i have yet to find a game i cant play

rx470 gaming x from msi

Bro you're fine you dont NEED a overly powerful gaming pc especially if you're on a budget. If you want to go hardcore then sure but you would probably be much happier with a second hand laptop and a console. Dont kid yourself into the pc master race meme its not everything

Im pretty ignorant when it comes to computer parts but cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-A10-5800K-APU/3511vs2007 says that the I3 would be a better choice? Am I wrong?

I already have a PS4 and it is definitely one of the worst investments I have ever made. I hardly touch the thing due to its noticeable framerate issues and crashes.

dont bother with CPU until youve got a decent GPU. Games are far less likely to be cpu-heavy

Remember though. For that you need a new mobo, and ram i believe. Idk if that series is ddr4 or ddr3. Im assuming you are on an fm2 or fm2+ mobo

>Any other suggestions? Or should I be fine?

stop wasting your time on video games and learn a skill that pays enough that you don't have to buy shit hardware

Well my APU is actually so terrible that I actually NEED an upgrade in order to run some games I like. But I dont want to cheap out so I have to buy another one in a year

then why dont you sell it and get something else?

Don't get an A model amd APU. There's just no point in getting an apu if you are going to get a gpu for the system right away.

Save up and get an Intel i5 6600k for your gtx 1060.

There is not a single A model apu that will not bottle neck the 1060.

The only reason why I want a decent gaming computer is because I have copious amounts of time between work and studies to have fun with friends on my PC.

yea then get a cheap af one.
mines an a10-5700 apu with a gtx950 and it runs most games great

Hey we dont know. Maybe he needs a new system to support his Autocad projects at work, or video editing. Haha who am i kidding he is on Sup Forums

I have an a10 7850k and it leagues better than ops apu. Its ok when pared with a good GPU but it holds the GPU back in every single game released after 2011.

Because it isn't mine, its actually a relatives who gave it to me and we enjoy playing LAN together every now and then. It would be a dick move to sell it.

Right well I hope you find what youre looking for

every time i see that thumbnail it takes me a few seconds to realise it's not one of those resident evil controllers

Yeah it really does, hell most of the games I play are casual games like Rust, CSGO, Garry's Mod, and some other games. I care more about FPS than actual graphics but I have been wanting to play DOOM, Dying Light, other graphically intensive games. They look really fun but I cannot come close to running them with this potato PC.

I am not sure what RAM this computer uses since it is just green sticks with its innards showing. But I am pretty sure I need some new RAM with my new motherboard. So thats even more cash I dont have :L

I have a 6gb 1060 paired with my a10 7850k. I can play everything 1080p high settings but with lows in the 30's in a lot of games. Where if I had a good Intel CPU it would be rock solid 60+ fps.

AMDs APU's are fantastic for budget builds and upgrading much later down the line but buying one with a good GPU is just retarded. It voids the entire purpose of the GPU and CPU on one chip.

So my shitty APU is heavily bottlenecking my GTX 550 TI? I understand what you are saying though.

Thanks man, this shit is confusing to me lmao

I don't know how strong the 550 TI is. I would say any APU bottlenecks any mid tier+ GPU's released after 2014.

athlon x4 860k, then rx480 or gtx 1060. Then save to upgrade to intel. That cpu will probably bottleneck, but it will be much better than what you have and you can OC it fairly well, as it doesnt have igpu

I might do this, its a decent improvement for the time being and I can just put the extra cash towards my GPU upgrade. Thanks!

Make sure your motherboard is fm2+. If not, you can snag a gigabyte f2a68hm-h for dirt cheap. Like 20-40. Fm2+ supports fm2 processors, but not the other way around

How can I check that? I have it in my hands in the box right now. The name of it is MSI H81M-E34

Thats an intel mobo. Lga 1150 to be exact.

bring it back to the store and get a new one. i have good experience with the one of a friend of mine
no crashes and good framerate

Excuse my ignorance but does that mean it is fm2+ ? Also what does that mean exactly haha

I might do that, It crashes constantly on Fallout 4 and The Last Of Us. But not GTA 5, odd..

It means that the only cpu that works with that motherboard is an intel cpu.

Ohhh... so the athlon x4 860k will not work this that motherboard?

this

If it's that old then just start off from scratch. Have some self control and buy the parts slowly, start with motherboard. Then CPU, then RAM. Get it all built up and after a while of saving buy a good graphics card.

Peace out.
Source: 2nd/3rd Line Support Technician.
Also its what I did and I run everything on max with a 2 grand Pound PC.

The 1070 would be good for you id say

Protip, look on ebay and Gumtree for second hand parts. Just make sure they're not faulty before you buy.

Im going to assume this is a new motherboard, and not the one in your computer. Right? If so. Then you need to look for a cpu which is an lga 1150. Look up lga 1150 cpu.

Thanks for the tip, never heard of Gumtree so I will check it out.

Yeah its new, Im not sure about the one in my current computer. I guess the athlon x4 860k isnt compatible with my new motherboard so imma have to stick to the I3

i3-6100 rx 470 or 1050ti

Ile probably do this until I can save cash for a better upgrade.

Well this threads dead, thanks for the help everyone!