Sup Sup Forumsros

Sup Sup Forumsros

I've been feeling really depressed lately

Got any advice besides an hero?

Much appreciated

sport.

Just go join a gym or a club, get your ass outside. Shut off your emotions and get going. After a few weeks you will start to notice something. But until then you just need to do it man.

Well.. that's a kick ass mouse you have there.

Steel Series 100 is hands down the best budget gaming mouse around. Better than many at twice the price even.

And you have one. Be happy about that.

(Seriously. Focus on the good things however small they may be.)

Smell the flowers, taste the bread, eat a tulip or two and take a big shit on the world.

Switch things up, even if its little as what you check out online. Theres tons of things that will bring you pointless happiness you need to explore the world & yourself. I tried killing myself and im actually glad i failed, life is what you make it so if you dont try enjoy yourself you deserve to wallow in your own sadness.

I lack the self motivation to even get out of my bed
I'm gaining weight and I recently started to cut myself
The only thing left is for my mom to hate me and my girlfriend to leave me for some chad

I try to get outside but I find myself just coming back inside after a few minutes
I hate it

Im taking a shit right now

Probably this. It sounds like the most shite advice ever but honestly forcing yourself to go outside will make you feel a hell of a lot better.
Let's talk other stuff though... don't you dare even think that your mind and body are seperate things. They are not! Healthy food and sleep will do wonders to how you act and feel. You just gotta trust me on that one Sup Forumsro (or look up studies there are tons of 'em out there saying this).
That's all pretty generic advice tho and depending on your situation there might be more info which would help.. tell us more, OP

Reach a point where you are indifferent to the opinion of others and just relax. I know it sounds like hippie bullshit but just stop giving a fuck

are you depressed even then?

I tried explaining it to this girl that added me on discord. It's really hard to put it into words. Trump memes aside, I'm an illegal immigrant from Mexico, I'm poor, my dad just lost his job, my mom isn't working, live in a 1 bedroom apartment, doing shit in school (I'm 17) I work at McDonald's and share my check with my parents. I just feel like the future isn't looking too bright for me. I hang out alone at school in the library and watch league of legends youtubers or go on twitch. I feel like I'm a fucking degenerate. My dad is an alcoholic and my mom doesn't talk to me much so I spend a lot of time talking to myself or the little voices in my head telling me that everyone hates me and that I should kill myself

And I also hate this stupid fucking captcha

Yeah sometimes I cut myself while I shit

Do anything to get your mind off of it and invest your time in just something.
Ive just gone through some shit myself the entire year basically from family members dying (including my pet who died 2 days ago) to having a big fight with my mother whom shunned me out of her life years ago to even my close knit group of friends basically all hating each other and getting into a cluster fuck and now nobody talks to anybody. And my gf is talking about how shes going to put herself in a mental hospital before she kills herself. All while my piece of shit car falls apart right before I am starting a new job next week (nervous as fuck) with the thought of paying student debts for a degree that I never received because the school closed down on me.

So yeah. I have been through a bit myself lately. Im not saying I have it worse than literally everybody else. But it hasnt exactly been the definition of fun or easy going.

But what I do is simply sit back whenever im not doing anything else and just play a video game. Sounds dumb, you could be at the gym or something putting any anger or strong emotions into something more productive. But honestly man if you are having a shitty time. As long as whatever you do that gets your mind off of it. who cares if its at the gym or sitting on your ass.

I find games to be a nice distraction. Get a good single player game with an open world and just get out into it and explore man. You get so caught up in the world and interested in the story and all the characters that you just kinda forget about all your issues (at least for the moment) and after your done playing for the day you realize that you got your mind off of it and just kinda feel better.

Didnt mean to type out as much as I did so ill TL;DR it.

My life kinda has been sucking too, So I feel you.
Gym,Video Games, Go hang with friends. Get your mind off of the bad shit.

This is me^
Checked also don't blame yourself for actions that are the fault of your depression. Other people in your life will point them out, and you need to ignore them and know that they want the best for you. The best thing you can do is to be honest with those people, tell them that you have been feeling depressed recently and that you want help with it, not condemnation. If your depression is a problem (sounds like it is right now) for a long enough time, you should consider therapy and medication. Remember that those things exist to make your life better if you even suspect you need them. Don't self-medicate. It'll work out if you are honest with the people around you.

Are you depressed sometimes even while cutting? Are you more depressed then or is it pleasant? The way you said that makes it seem like you're depressed even when cutting, maybe even more so (yeah) so then does it bring you out of it? Or what does bring you out of it, truly, not to say that emotional band-aids aren't helpful.

I went to therapy and a desperate group therapy for a year for anxiety and depression. I felt like I couldn't really fit in with those kids so I stopped going and dropped out of my therapy. when I'm not banging my head against the wall or arguing with the voices in my head, I'm playing LoL or crying on my girlfriends shoulder, neither of which help me anymore. I'm 17 and I hate that I'm so young wanting to die already. Fuck my ass man, can't wait till I am facing adult problems

When I'm cutting, I don't feel depressed anymore, but I don't feel happy either
I just kind of go numb and I can feel myself lose any sort of facial expression and I remain thoughtless while I cut away at my arms

It's a weird feeling
Neithe pleasant nor painful

Just.. maudlin

Have you tried drawing instead of cutting? Like a focused hand movement and something you could concentrate on could help in a similar way. I get it though there's the aspect of pain and also drawing blood that goes into it. Maybe even a way to hold the power of suicide within your grasp, to know you control your life in that way. If you aren't doing serious damage then the only thing you have to worry about is stigma, or stepping too close to the edge.

I used to do graffiti and it would help me run away from my bs. I tried getting back into it and I just find myself walking back home after a few minutes. I feel like I don't like anything anymore.

Feeling not wholly pleased about life is everybody's daily lot.
There are some people who act like it does not matter but in the end of the day feels empty, and some others are genuinely honest about themselves and realize they need to change.

You first need to understand that these questions have already been asked long before they've come to your mind, they've been answered, and the only reason you're feeling depressed is because you do not try to understand why you're feeling that way. You have to reappropriate history that our society stole us by reading a lot.

So read Marx, Engels, Hegel, Orwell, Heraclite and you'll get better.
If you do not like reading, shape up or ship out, get some dmt and blast it off, then you might be able to considerate again about life and reading.

reported

Im reading Far From The Madding Crowd right now by Thomas Hardy. I like reading. I prefer reading than actually going out side. I'll take a look at these as well as going out more.

What about paper and pencil?

This is going to sound weird but, everytime I try to draw on paper, it makes me want to actually throw up. I'm not saying because my art work is ugly or something, I'm saying the act of drawing on paper actually gives me a nauseous feeling.

Neat, but try to dive into history&philosophy; please avoid litterature you won't learn about existential aspects of life.
There are also writers to avoid such as : Platon, Socrate, Nietzsche, Kant. Prefer the ones I aforementioned plus eventually Guy Debord, and the Gospels not in your native language but in Greek. You cannot feel bad when you are aware about your condition.
gl user

Thanks. Means a lot.

>People whom unironically play on pc

It's not that weird but I don't know how to respond. I guess, I mean try to find something else but then again who am I to try to give advice to help you cope with this messed up world anyways. I can't and was stupid enough to think maybe I could stop you, but really the best I could do for you is probably give you a hug. And to not judge people I see with cut scars on them.

My grandmother said that everything will be okay one day. It'll either be okay when everything aligns, or it'll be okay when death comes. But either way, it'll be okay. I just need a way to distract myself until that day comes

mhm

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30)

Ask your heavenly dad for advice :)